Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

AAAgent's Crypto Journey

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hope so too. Currently BTC and cryptospace is not looking good. I was expecting Bitcoin to break new highs from 2500. Instead it hit 2700, bounced around there and is heading down into the danger zone.

Top 100 market cap highs is roughly around 116bn. It topped out around there again last Monday, with some small up and down swings. Market cap now around 105bn. It was as low as 91bn a couple of weeks ago.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hear you BeTheChange! I definitely hear you.

So I've actually lost money since investing in Crypto but I still think there is some money to be made. Actually, I know. AAAgent is proof to that. I suggest you guys start investing in Eth. Currently it's at 261 and it's as low as it's been in around two weeks.

With the Coinbase exchange you can only buy BTC, ETH, and LTC. Currently, researching more exchanges that AAAgent mentioned in the other thread.

AAAgent, do you use one exchange to buy the majority of your Crypto or are you just using multiple? I'm actually looking to get into some of these smaller ones hoping they shoot up in price. Have you ever heard of PTOY blockchain? A start up in Atlanta focusing on Healthcare created that blockchain in hopes to simplify the healthcare process. I definitely would've invested but it ended June 03 before I figured out about it.
Everyone and their mothers are launching ICO's now. Be VERY careful and be EXTREMELY selective and discriminatory. Most of these companies will not be here in 1-2 years.

Idea's don't make companies successful. People do. Just because someone is tokenizing their idea doesn't mean it will be successful. Look into the people, their experience, history, etc. If you understand code, look into the code. Even successful companies have messed up because of coding. Look into the idea. Treat these new crypto companies as you would any other companies and look into them before you invest. Sure many of them may pop, but if you can't sell fast enough and they tank, that will not be good.

Ethereum is pretty much comparable to Apple app store, and there are a handful of others trying to compete with Ethereum, building out their own platforms like stratis. Is this healthcare being built on a new platform or eth? how does it add value to said platform as well as humanity.

Think of the Ethereum platform as a company that is laying the train tracks for humanity. There are others that are laying tracks as well but none as fast and well known as Ethereum. How does this healthcare company fit itself into the ecosystem? Is it building a train station? Is it building the train cars, engines, etc? Veritaseum is building a monster train engine and Populous is building a smaller engine.

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everyone and their mothers are launching ICO's now. Be VERY careful and be EXTREMELY selective and discriminatory. Most of these companies will not be here in 1-2 years.

Idea's don't make companies successful. People do. Just because someone is tokenizing their idea doesn't mean it will be successful. Look into the people, their experience, history, etc. If you understand code, look into the code. Even successful companies have messed up because of coding. Look into the idea. Treat these new crypto companies as you would any other companies and look into them before you invest. Sure many of them may pop, but if you can't sell fast enough and they tank, that will not be good.

Ethereum is pretty much comparable to Apple app store, and there are a handful of others trying to compete with Ethereum, building out their own platforms like stratis. Is this healthcare being built on a new platform or eth? how does it add value to said platform as well as humanity.

Think of the Ethereum platform as a company that is laying the train tracks for humanity. There are others that are laying tracks as well but none as fast and well known as Ethereum. How does this healthcare company fit itself into the ecosystem? Is it building a train station? Is it building the train cars, engines, etc? Veritaseum is building a monster train engine and Populous is building a smaller engine.

You are absolutely correct. I'd have to do some more research before I put money into it. A lot of the startups will go away so it
is very important to do the research. Any idea why Eth right now is going down? I'm debating if I want to buy more right now or hold. This is really exciting finally investing in something. I've always had excess money but never really did anything with it. If Cryptocurrency takes off one of these "Stocks" will just blow all the way up. Kind of like Berkshire Hathaway stock ($251,800). Just have to find that one and keep investing.

As far as the wallets are concerned my favorite option is definitely the hardware wallet. I'll be looking for a price efficient one this week and have it sent to me.

What a time to be alive!!!

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ledger's aren't arriving in the US until august or later now. If you are going to have any sizeable investment you're worried about losing, get Exodus and use it for now.

I'm still expecting ETH to go above $500 and maybe even $1k by year end. Too much demand and ICO's for available ETH. BTC, i'm expecting $10k by year end but who knows. I believe hyper inflation has begun and that is why crypto space is ballooning. It's not so much the increase in price of bitcoin and ethereum, it's the decrease in value of the USD and fiat currencies.

I wouldn't recommend starting off with a hardware wallet if you've never used a wallet outside of coinbase before. If you don't like exodus, there are plenty of other wallets out there.

Last edited:

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn Coinbase! Just tried to make a buy and I get the message Eth buying is currently offline. Not a good look. How secure are these software wallets? I'm sure more secure then the exchanges of course.

BeTheChange

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Having problems uploading my ID on to coinbase. Any reason why this continues to happen? It keeps knocking me back even though my ID is clear.

Now saying I can't try again for another 24 hours!

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn Coinbase! Just tried to make a buy and I get the message Eth buying is currently offline. Not a good look. How secure are these software wallets? I'm sure more secure then the exchanges of course.
Try Gemini exchange.

Exodus is very popular and secure. A lot of people were using Jaxx before and until the last glitch where some people hacked them, they were secure as well. They have supposedly fixed the glitch. I'd stick with Exodus.

If you want Alternative coins (alt coins), you need to buy from Bittrex or Poloniex. I'm still waiting approval on Kraken so I would not recommend it. Over 1 month to send my USD in.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Having problems uploading my ID on to coinbase. Any reason why this continues to happen? It keeps knocking me back even though my ID is clear.

Now saying I can't try again for another 24 hours!
Make sure it's clear. Make sure it isn't expired (I used an expired id and didn't even know). FYI there will be non stop exchange issues ALL SUMMER LONG. Too much pent of demand that exchanges are not prepared for. Each time the resolve the issue it gets a bit better, but there are thousands of people getting into this market along with you. Last month, when BTC spiked up to 2700 from 1800 in 3 days, 40,000 people registered for coinbase in 1 day or some ridiculous number that like.

Try Gemini and Kraken along with Coinbase for USD buys.

https://gemini.com/
https://www.kraken.com/

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That may be my only option. I prefer coinbase because it has an app on the iPhone that I use. So convenient when I want to buy. Also I never had to provide an ID when I signed up for CoinBase.

BeTheChange

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Make sure it's clear. Make sure it isn't expired (I used an expired id and didn't even know). FYI there will be non stop exchange issues ALL SUMMER LONG. Too much pent of demand that exchanges are not prepared for. Each time the resolve the issue it gets a bit better, but there are thousands of people getting into this market along with you. Last month, when BTC spiked up to 2700 from 1800 in 3 days, 40,000 people registered for coinbase in 1 day or some ridiculous number that like.

Try Gemini and Kraken along with Coinbase for USD buys.

https://gemini.com/
https://www.kraken.com/
Tried all this with no issues. Is there another similar exchange I could use that might give me more success?

I'm based in the UK so ideally need to an exchange that allows for BTC/GBP, etc.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tried all this with no issues. Is there another similar exchange I could use that might give me more success?

I'm based in the UK so ideally need to an exchange that allows for BTC/GBP, etc.

I'm not familiar with UK exchanges but my friend in Sweden uses coinbase just fine.

BeTheChange

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with UK exchanges but my friend in Sweden uses coinbase just fine.
Coinbase is fine but it won't validate my ID! Lol..

Guess I'll just have to wait a few days and see.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Coinbase is fine but it won't validate my ID! Lol..

Guess I'll just have to wait a few days and see.
try again. FYI their customer service sucks (but they have the most user friendly interface and also an app) so just make your normal purchases and keep trying.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fair point. You're a grinder and I respect that. You've clearly put a lot of time, effort and research into reaching your position.

Personally, it would take me months to accumulate enough knowledge for me to be comfortable investing a material amount in cryptocurrency and mining software.

As such I'll see it for what it currently is. Speculation driven by optimistic assumptions about the use of cryptocurrency in the 21st century.

Ill put a few hundred dollars into each of the main ones you mentioned and just let it sit there until I educate myself more.

Will be following this thread and adding my own commentary here and there if needed. Let's all get rich together bro :up:
Also, learn about wallets and transferring your crypto back and forth. The reason why I say this is because the entire crypto economy revolves around sending BTC to this address, taking ETH and creating a wallet on this site and using a smart contract to automatically convert it into the new ICO shares. Getting onto this new exchange and sending your ICO coins and selling them there for ETH. Sending your ETH back to an exchange where you can sell to fiat USD and then send to your bank account.

The longer you take to get used to taking your crypto off exchanges, the longer it'll take you to really interact with this community. I literally just bought and held on coinbase for 3 months and missed out on tons of opportunities because of uncomfortability. After getting my first real hot wallet, I got alot more comfortable and made a few investments investments into mining, then ICO's, then lending, now i'm alot more comfortable.

This sh1t is VERY stressful when you are watching things 5x, 10x, 20x, etc. in short time periods and then drop significantly as well. I have been sleeping on average 4-7 hours daily when I used to sleep 6-9 hours.

Money to be made as the more digital our society becomes, the larger this crypto economy grows. I will help you all as much as I can, and hope you will do the same! Be sure to be smart, be careful, and be very discriminating towards any investment as there are lots in this cryptospace.

Last edited:

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got into CLOAK on Thursday night. Some privacy coins like CLOAK do very well and this one was relatively cheap and has privacy to the nth degree. It more than doubled this morning and I just sold and took profits.

While the whole entire market was down, this was crushing it. Words of advice. Take profits now and then.

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/cloakcoin/

Last edited:

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And here we go again. Sub 100bn top 100 market cap.

http://coinmarketcap.com/

Seems like the ETH liquidation is hitting the entire market. Could still be some uncertainty in Bitcoin with the hardfork/soft fork, segwit/segwit2x drama as well. Just so you guys know, when these ICO's raise ETH for their businesses, they most likely liquidate large amounts of Ethereum for USD to pay rent, buy equipment, pay salaries, etc. They probably keep a lot of ETH too for funding of the platform. But just a guess on my part.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, I currently work a full time job and also have a side marketing business where I make some side money that im growing. If crypto goes well or very well, I might just quit and let my miners and loans pay me daily and live off that while I build my side business and focus more on crypto.

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ethereum is going down pretty hard now. Any ideas why and what's going on?

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ethereum is going down pretty hard now. Any ideas why and what's going on?
It's not just Ethereum, it's the entire market. I've stated a bunch of reasons, one of which could be ICO's selling off some ethereum to fund capital cost needs. Ethereum seemed to sell off first and eventually the whole market went with it. Don't see any reason for the mass sell off so I have been buying into it.

Top 100 market cap dipped to $91bn which was the low of the previous dip a week or two ago. Now it's bounced up to $95bn. Let's see where it goes from here.