"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

a UK equivalent???

djay

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 13, 2004
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Location
England, UK
Hey,
Is there a UK equivalent of this site/message board. We need something like this to address the different 'game' we have over here.
Any thoughts?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by djay
Hey,
Is there a UK equivalent of this site/message board. We need something like this to address the different 'game' we have over here.
Any thoughts?
In what way is UK culture so different that the same rules don't apply? I mean obviously it has its differences, but I don't see why it needs a whole new forum. A lot of the old PUAs were from places like Australia and Japan. :p
 

djay

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 13, 2004
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Location
England, UK
I guess so, it's just that the way to get girls here is to get really pissed in clubs and hope to get lucky or to meet people through friends it seems. We don't really have the same dating 'culture' as you do. I dunno, I could be wrong, I'm just after some discussion on the topic and I wanna go out here and pull more often!
 

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 21, 2004
Messages
1,576
Reaction score
3
Location
south west, uk
I thought this would surface from that post.

I know what your saying but I think it will send the wrong message.

It's basically giving the excuse, it may work for you, but it won't work for me. I have the perfect excuse I live in the UK. It's not the fact that I believe it would be a waste of time to do approaches as they do in the rest of the world.

You may say, yes but we need to tweak it for british culture/stuck up chicks. I say it still sends a very dangerous message.

There is a hint of truth in it, and that makes it VERY dangerous.

I'm mainly thinking of the wussie newbies who have a hard enough time as it is convincing themselves that this stuff works and can work for them, but they MUST go out and practice it.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

djay

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 13, 2004
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Location
England, UK
That's true! I know what you mean, and don't get me wrong, I know that the principles on this site work. I used them to great effect on a few girls when I started Uni, one who became my LTR for 2 years. I did, however, meet all of them through friends, or lived with them in halls. I don't think I've ever actually been on a proper 'date' and not many of my friends have. It just goes from meeting through friends, to ****ing I guess!
 

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by djay
I guess so, it's just that the way to get girls here is to get really pissed in clubs and hope to get lucky or to meet people through friends it seems. We don't really have the same dating 'culture' as you do. I dunno, I could be wrong, I'm just after some discussion on the topic and I wanna go out here and pull more often!
The key word with the gettign drunk/pissed in clubs and hoping to meet someone is HOPE. Wishing and hoping never got anyone anywhere.

And meeting women through friends is a VERY valid way of hooking up with women in America as well. A mutual acquaintance means that you already have some things in common, or else you wouldn't both be friends with this guy. It also helps get by the "creep factor."
 
Top