"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

A self deprecating girl

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 9, 2019
Messages
1,168
Reaction score
1,934
Age
35
How do you respond when a girl is constantly making fun of herself or putting herself down in conversation? I tend to say something positive about an unrelated topic to get her mind off self deprecation.

Example:
Me: 'wow thanks for your help with that mess, you were killing it with that mop.'
Her: 'yeah that all I'm good for, mopping up messes haha'

The tone is playful but it's constantly at her own expense.

One girl I know does this all the time. I used to think it was low self esteem or her submitting but recently I've been thinking it's something she does to entice guys to boost her ego and validate her. I enjoy complimenting women but by my own inclination, not on some kind of passive prompt from her. When I suspect a woman of doing this it's just a turn off and I'll either change the subject or not respond at all.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

sazc

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 23, 2016
Messages
4,468
Reaction score
3,402
ummmmm to me that sounds like she's got low self esteem and is looking for you to validate her worthiness as a human being

Her:'yeah that all I'm good for, mopping up messes haha'
(the response she wants) You: 'Oh come on now, you're great at a lot of things like x, y and z'

it gets tiring if it's constant
 

SeekerOfTheWay

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 17, 2019
Messages
331
Reaction score
209
i love self deprecating humor and i partake. my self esteem is generally healthy with the exception around my period. i personally only use it once in a while though because it cracks me and others up. if she’s doing it too much then i agree she may have self esteem issues. i disagree with propping her up though. it won’t help and the issue may be deeper and probably won’t get better, maybe worse. she needs to work on herself and/or get counseling.

as for the reply, if it’s not due to low esteem, play along and say, “na, you’re also an excellent f-toy”. if she laughs at that (i would) then you know. If it’s really she feels that way about herself i would politely bring it to her attention and have her stop repeating these statement. she may play this same tape over and over in her head and is convinced. something like “i wouldn’t date someone who i think is worthless “ may help her become more aware. but in the end she needs to fix the issue, not you.
 
Last edited:

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 27, 2017
Messages
1,966
Reaction score
1,969
Age
39
Fishing for compliments. Girl is broken. Unless you like projects, I'd move on.
 

SeekerOfTheWay

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 17, 2019
Messages
331
Reaction score
209
Fishing for compliments. Girl is broken. Unless you like projects, I'd move on.
Not necessarily. i make fun of myself for things that are legit, like how i get lost in town. it’s true and funny and not a reflection of my self worth. it’s just fun to laugh at yourself once in a while. i never have anyone give me a compliment when i make a joke about something dumb or annoying that i do. they agree. lol. which makes it funnier.
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 27, 2017
Messages
1,966
Reaction score
1,969
Age
39
Not necessarily. i make fun of myself for things that are legit, like how i get lost in town. it’s true and funny and not a reflection of my self worth. it’s just fun to laugh at yourself once in a while. i never have anyone give me a compliment when i make a joke about something dumb or annoying that i do. they agree. lol. which makes it funnier.
He said she constantly does it. That's not normal.
 

Frozen799

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 10, 2019
Messages
47
Reaction score
30
If she is doing this constantly, from my experience those girls have low self esteem and usually it is related to how they look (in their own mind - too skiny, too fat, ugly face, ugly skin etc, usually those will be the same women who want to turn off the light before sex), recently met plenty of women who liked to play the victim to get some validation and assurance.
 

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 27, 2017
Messages
1,966
Reaction score
1,969
Age
39
On the positive side these girls tend to be more adventurous in bed, from my experience. My most recent ex was like this and I guess some could say I exploited this which resulted in her being more open to trying a variety of things in bed. Some of the best sex I've ever had.
 

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 9, 2019
Messages
1,168
Reaction score
1,934
Age
35
@sazc I know that's what she wants and yeah I don't want to encourage some kind of dependency. I'm only gonna encourage people I know well enough to encourage genuinely.

She's a solid 8 or 9, she's a coworker that's married to a guy easily a few SMV points lower than her @stringpuller. It's constant and I'm not trying to pick her up, just being friendly. She has a really sexy voice and gasps, I'm sure she's tons of fun in bed @jaymbrs lol
Just really bizarre behavior, I've never seen it so acute. It's like every chance she gets to put herself down she will, while at the same time chuckling and staring at me as if super thirsty for the predictable response.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

BURT MCQUEEN

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 4, 2019
Messages
170
Reaction score
80
How do you respond when a girl is constantly making fun of herself or putting herself down in conversation? I tend to say something positive about an unrelated topic to get her mind off self deprecation.

Example:
Me: 'wow thanks for your help with that mess, you were killing it with that mop.'
Her: 'yeah that all I'm good for, mopping up messes haha'

The tone is playful but it's constantly at her own expense.

One girl I know does this all the time. I used to think it was low self esteem or her submitting but recently I've been thinking it's something she does to entice guys to boost her ego and validate her. I enjoy complimenting women but by my own inclination, not on some kind of passive prompt from her. When I suspect a woman of doing this it's just a turn off and I'll either change the subject or not respond at all.
You can apply game easier, she's inderectly implicating that she's of lower value, fvck her.
 

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 9, 2019
Messages
1,168
Reaction score
1,934
Age
35
You cant be friends with her. Acquaintance yes. But you either want to fvk her or you don't be honest with it.
That's what we are. It's a big company so HR could easily can me if I say some playful sexual line. And she's taken. I didn't care about being a home wrecker when I was young but no more. I'll just focus on cultivating a friendly masculine vibe and let her bask in it when it suits me.

She grew up with brothers and maybe she thinks she's losing her looks or something. The behavior is too consistent to be considered only playful. It's like she's trying to convince me she's good for nothing. Maybe this is my ego talking but even if she is interested, being someone's monkey branch seems self diminishing.

Anyway I appreciate everyone's input.
 
U

user43770

Guest
Her: yeah that's all I'm good for, mopping up messes haha

Young Mac: aww, come on now. You're also good at making messes.


In all seriousness, I had a problem with this when I was younger; I was overly modest. It was just the way I was raised up.

I worked with an older woman at one point that called me out on it. She told me to "just say thanks." I will always be grateful to her for that.
 

BURT MCQUEEN

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 4, 2019
Messages
170
Reaction score
80
That's what we are. It's a big company so HR could easily can me if I say some playful sexual line. And she's taken. I didn't care about being a home wrecker when I was young but no more. I'll just focus on cultivating a friendly masculine vibe and let her bask in it when it suits me.
Honestly i think you'tr restricting your natural mating strategy. Does she self deprecate herself with everyone or just you?

She grew up with brothers and maybe she thinks she's losing her looks or something. The behavior is too consistent to be considered only playful. It's like she's trying to convince me she's good for nothing. Maybe this is my ego talking but even if she is interested, being someone's monkey branch seems self diminishing.
Dude i think those are signals, playful, she thinks she's woth less..., i think she's covertly comunicating she's interested in your d!ck.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

koloso

Banned
Joined
May 23, 2019
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Age
38
ummmmm to me that sounds like she's got low self esteem and is looking for you to validate her worthiness as a human being

Her:'yeah that all I'm good for, mopping up messes haha'
(the response she wants) You: 'Oh come on now, you're great at a lot of things like x, y and z'
 
Top