Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

A recent experience

Mick88

Reaction score
This all started around the start of August, I work in a contact center (I know depressing stuff). I had fancied her for a number of months, but until she was actually put into the same team as me, I never really got talking to her. After a few weeks of just talking generally, I got her number, I asked her out the following day by text and she said yes, and also said she didn't know I looked at her like that.

We went out for a date on the following Saturday after sitting with each other all week in work. On the date she spoke about her ex, she said “I love him but I'm not in love with him, I'm not attracted to him at all” This made me feel uncomfortable of course, I continued on with the date however. At a later point in the evening she stated that in march, she had been raped by another guy in work who she believed had spiked her. Despite the discomfort of this we continued for a few hours and then went back to her place. This escalated into sex then, and again the following morning.

When in work the following monday we arranged to have another night together in hers, again, we slept together. Through this she continued to speak about her ex and that she left him as she didn't have romantic feelings or attraction for him anymore. I also found out that she was on medication for anxiety and depression. I am aware that these are huge red flags and my intuition as the weeks went by told me to get the hell outta there.

I am 27 and she was 23. Anyway, this arrangement of me staying in hers for the night, then going to work together continued for 4 weeks. The end was in sight without me knowing went she sent a text to me after I had told her I wasn't happy about her still talking with her ex, she stated “I can confirm to you you're the only person I'm seeing. I'm also said before I'm not in a position to get serious with anyone, due to my physical/mental health, therefore, I feel this needs to continue as a casual thing. I 'm trying to let you know how I feel, which is completely messed up, because frankly, I'm damaged goods, and there's nothing I can do about it”

Fast forward a few days and I stay in hers before we go to work the next day, the following morning she was in a terrible mood from waking, I felt like I was walking on eggshells all day with her. Just before we went into work she stated “I don't think we should do sleep overs anymore, I like having my bed to myself, and I don't plan on sharing it again” This pissed me off as her tune had changed so quickly. We went out of town after work with some work friends, and later that day after pretty much ignoring me, she stated she didn't want things to continue as normal even on a casual level.

Later that night when we returned to her's. I told her that she was out of order for being aloof and moody with me all day, and after a bit of back and forth I went home.

What do you guys think of this? I feel that perhaps I was more into her than she was into me despite her initiating things. I have since left this job and I longer have any contact with her, which is for the best.

However, I am reflecting on this episode, I have a lot of resentment in regards to this, it has subsided alot as I have been journaling and reflecting on it. I think I was good and "nice" to her and was also fearful of her mood swings, my mother had very volatile moodswings when I was growing up, this, paired with a passive father, made for alot of fear for me growing up.

I still feel that I haven't faced truly faced my growing up situation, I tend to get involved with women who withdraw after a few weeks or months, and I become embittered in the fallout.

This is my first post here, I'd appreciate any advice or input in regards to this.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Figure out and tell us what you want, what the problem is that prevented you from getting it, and then we can help you. You currently write like a woman, in that there's no point to be taken away. What's your question?

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should have told her you weren't interested in hearing about her exes and you made the mistake of letting her get away with too much poor behaviour before calling her on it.

Mick88

Reaction score
Figure out and tell us what you want, what the problem is that prevented you from getting it, and then we can help you. You currently write like a woman, in that there's no point to be taken away. What's your question?
Well, I guess the question to be taken away from it is, I always seem to get involved with women who are bad news. They're attracted to me, and I to them.

With this one, I knew she was bad news, but when I thought about walking the other way, or we argued, I would get a deep fear of losing her. This happened regardless. What does a needy SOB who has a thing for manipulative women do to overcome this?

old_skoolr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So you were sleeping at a girl who told you she only wanted something casual and you got annoyed she mentioned her ex.

Why does it bother you??????????????????????????

DamnSon

Don Juan
Reaction score
In the beginning, she was using you as an emotional tissue. You were there to listen to all her problems, soak it up, take it and console her. You were more of an object that was present at the time, a distraction. Major red flag for me is the "some guy raped me in the work place via spiked drink". Oh yeah? Number one why would you ever reveal something so personal to basically a stranger and number 2 those allegations might be completely fabricated and if she accuses you, your life is over, innocent or not. Everyone has anxiety, the medicines are often over prescribed and abused, this is baggage you would really need to be prepared to carry. Impulsive behavior and shut offs, mood swings. The reason she shut down after the sleep over is because she still has feelings for her ex and feels maybe she betrayed him and every time she sees you, you represent guilt, shame or the dirty little secret that may stand in her way of getting him back. I'd get out now it's too fresh for all this and way too much drama

HoneyHitter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If she'd already slept with two other guys at the same department, why did you even consider her LTR material?

Mick88

Reaction score
In the beginning, she was using you as an emotional tissue. You were there to listen to all her problems, soak it up, take it and console her. You were more of an object that was present at the time, a distraction. Major red flag for me is the "some guy raped me in the work place via spiked drink". Oh yeah? Number one why would you ever reveal something so personal to basically a stranger and number 2 those allegations might be completely fabricated and if she accuses you, your life is over, innocent or not. Everyone has anxiety, the medicines are often over prescribed and abused, this is baggage you would really need to be prepared to carry. Impulsive behavior and shut offs, mood swings. The reason she shut down after the sleep over is because she still has feelings for her ex and feels maybe she betrayed him and every time she sees you, you represent guilt, shame or the dirty little secret that may stand in her way of getting him back. I'd get out now it's too fresh for all this and way too much drama
I think this pretty much sums it up. I got roped in to her dramas and got attached. When she ended it I was really pissed off and down in the dumps about it.
After that I heard her in work saying that she was going out with her ex. I thought she was then back with him.
However, on a work night out about a week after that, she went home with some random guy from the bar, so I guess she decided against getting back with him.
In hindsight this woman was insane. There was one time I went to hers to stay and her hands were busted up from punching walls after she had an argument with her dad.
I didnt really see her as an LTR, I had many doubts and my gut told me to run. I hung around because of the sex. Besides that she really wasnt that interesting.
Nearly every conversation we had involved her and her dramas. I allowed her mood to affect mine.
She had ****ed another guy in work besides the one she said had raped her.
My problem is going for girls like this, emotionally unstable and unavailable.
I get too happy and cling on to the sex and fun, and then get ditched.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You suffer from 'save-a-hoe' syndrome. Women can smell this on you like stink on a corpse and there are plenty of women that will use your good nature to their benefit.

You fix this by putting yourself first and evaluate women based on how they can meet your needs, FIRST. If you can meet her needs as reciprocity, then GREAT... chances are the ride will last longer than usual. I'm not a relationship guy, but if I was I would always evaluate what the women brings to the table, if all she is bringing is her pvssy, and this is okay with you, you are an idiot.

Women talking about her ex's isn't a problem... the problem is YOU, if on the second date she is still talking about her ex then you should not have asked her out again... if she called you, just tell her it didn't sound like she was over her ex and leave it at that, then let her make the next move. She kept talking about her ex because you encouraged that sh!t.

Her sleeping with other dudes is just what heterosexual women do, so what, she likes sex... not sure why this is a problem, just wear a condom.

The problem is that you are spending too much time focused on this chick, she should only be just another gal you are fvcking.

Mick88

Reaction score
You suffer from 'save-a-hoe' syndrome. Women can smell this on you like stink on a corpse and there are plenty of women that will use your good nature to their benefit.

You fix this by putting yourself first and evaluate women based on how they can meet your needs, FIRST. If you can meet her needs as reciprocity, then GREAT... chances are the ride will last longer than usual. I'm not a relationship guy, but if I was I would always evaluate what the women brings to the table, if all she is bringing is her pvssy, and this is okay with you, you are an idiot.

Women talking about her ex's isn't a problem... the problem is YOU, if on the second date she is still talking about her ex then you should not have asked her out again... if she called you, just tell her it didn't sound like she was over her ex and leave it at that, then let her make the next move. She kept talking about her ex because you encouraged that sh!t.

Her sleeping with other dudes is just what heterosexual women do, so what, she likes sex... not sure why this is a problem, just wear a condom.

The problem is that you are spending too much time focused on this chick, she should only be just another gal you are fvcking.
You're right man. This **** has happened to me several times in the past, and I haven't learned. I went on 1 date with this girl, after that I would just go to her place and hang out. She actually spoke about her ex every time I was in hers. She could see I wasn't pleased that she still spoke to him, but told me "You have nothing to worry about"

I feel like a complete ***** with no respect looking back on the situation. And I am an idiot, because all she brought was her va jay jay, the rest of the time I was like her therapist, listening to all kinds of stories about her upbringing and fights she would get into. I feel like I dodged a bullet with this one, because I know I would have been miserable with her.

But like I said, I'm annoyed at myself for getting sucked into her world and getting attached. I've observed neediness in myself, there was a few times when I was just gonna call it off, but my fear of loss of sex/intimacy stopped me from doing just that. I guess my ego was bruised too as she beat me to the punch in that regard.

I've arranged to go see a therapist in regards to my neediness and choosing unavailable women, there's clearly a pattern and I'm fed up with going through these experiences because they end in pain for me. I'm a doormat, and it pisses me off to the extent that I'm motivated to address it. I guess it took another slap in the face like this to wake me up to me sleepwalking into ****ty situations like this.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From my experience, if they bring up their ex more than the occasional BS, she is still stuck on him. You can also gauge it by how she talks about him. You will always be #2 if that is the case. And this could even happen years after they had broken up.