A Real Life lesson- Never Burn Bridges

ryan killa

Don Juan
Reaction score
1. In grade 7-8, there was an asian, good kid, although at the time he was the butt of many mean-spirited jokes between me and a friend. I went so far as to throw tennis balls at him one day after school. We never saw each other several years after this.

Enter grade 11, and I we are in the same gym class. Eventually, we speak to each other, gradually, and one day we do lunch and I ask his forgiveness for the cruel things I did, and he accepts like it's nothing.

Fast forward 1 more year, and we are in another class. We end up playing tons of cards at the end of the period with two other guys, and end up having tons of fun.

Another time I am walking to work, and this same guy offers me a lift to work(I was walking in 95 degree weather in my work uni.).

Finally, I had a brief gig. working in a factory, and the bell rings, signifying our first break. I go to wahs my hands, turn around, and look who's there? We exchange greetings like old buds, and do lunch/break.

All this from someone I thought I was better than back in the day. I didn't deserve the treatment from him, but he did it anyways. I never made fun of him after grader school.

Moral: NEVER burn any bridge no matter what, because you NEVER know what could happen, NEVER.

I could have sat alone that day at the plant, eating by myself, but instead I got to talk to someone in my situation.

Never burn a bridge or think you are better than anyone. These posts are always good reminders.

Killa out

Edit- You just never know

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well if i was him i would have burned that bridge to you for sure :rolleyes:

ryan killa

Don Juan
Reaction score
Most people would have: But I said I was sorry, and never did anything like that again.

Perhaps in a way like killing someone, then in a change of heart, going to confession.

Holland

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Funny to hear this. I got a similar one. Me and another friends of mine teased a guy (2 years younger) when we were 11-12 or something. Now this guy is one of my current good friends. We laugh about it now but he told us that he would take another route back then just to avoid us lol. Kids are mean (and honest).

AB500

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good reminder! Back in 7th grade me and this guy were absolute enemys, he always made fun of me and I returned the favor. Now in 10th grade he is one of my good friends and we hang out all the time. A lot of kids that my old self considered "geeks" turn out to be pretty cool people once they grow a little older.

Impact

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by AB500
A lot of kids that my old self considered "geeks" turn out to be pretty cool people once they grow a little older.
Exactly, this is the case of my best friend right now - and me and my former classmates used to make fun of him. Now I can tell FOR sure that the 'geek' in school is going to be very very rich and respectable!

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
treat others as you...

Reaction score
Wow this post is touching. It made me think of all the crazy events that happened in grade school. Damn i was one crazy ass kid lol, but as i mature i acknowledge a image of a better being, and eventually try to improve myself and made my way to this site. Anyhow great post! 2thumbs up!

upcomingDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
after reading this... i just realized most of my good friends were once my enemies.. true story

Tazman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My question is, how do you burn a bridge that never existed in the first place? You weren't friends with this kid in grade school, you just picked (bullied) on him , right?

ryan killa

Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually, we were somewhat pals, played a lil ball, then he got a bum rap, out of nowhere, and I followed/lead the herd.

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Burning bridges is a primitive form of warfare.

I wait until the guy is on the bridge, then detonate the packs of C4 I have planted under it.

Sharp spikes I have pre-erected directly under the bridge in the gorge will be waiting our young friend. Also, there will be numerous types of flesh eating bacteria and leeches on the spikes so that even the speediest medical personnel will not be able to save him.

Don Pablo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by AFK Protector
Burning bridges is a primitive form of warfare.

I wait until the guy is on the bridge, then detonate the packs of C4 I have planted under it.

Sharp spikes I have pre-erected directly under the bridge in the gorge will be waiting our young friend. Also, there will be numerous types of flesh eating bacteria and leeches on the spikes so that even the speediest medical personnel will not be able to save him.
You forgot the buckets of acid.:cool:

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
what about millions of ants crawling over him (not for the purpose of err..eating him, but for the sheer mental breakdown of himself).

Combined with his now inability to move effectively across those spikes, he is slowed to the point where the ants roam free over his body....

xanderbaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ryan killa
Never burn a bridge or think you are better than anyone. These posts are always good reminders.
True. Two years ago I met a girl that I initially didn't like. Actually, I hated her. I hated her guts. She's three years younger than me, and any time we would meet (I worked for a teen newspaper at the time) I would use all my oportunities to put her down. I had that "I'm smarter than anyone" attitude back then. I humbled down a bit since, meaning that I now allow anyone to give their opinion on anything, given that I have the last call on making a decision.
To make a long story short, few months ago we started spending more time together, since we work together again. I know, I know, never date chicks from work, work is stressful enough. :D I found that there's a lot of good about this girl once you scratch under the surface. I can't tell you how much I've regretted my "never say never" and "**** you all" attitudes. But, considering that I'm a changed man, (after an NDE, BTW) I've learned how to move on. There is one thing I'll write about on this forum soon considering finding an "inner peace". Once you achieve that, everything, including girls, is plain simple.
Until then, cheers guys!

xanderbaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh yeah, we laugh about it too, especially during mock fights. Mock arguments with girls are cool, especially when there are spectators... Oh the looks on their faces... :D