Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

A question on spinning plates

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you all consider a woman a plate if you haven't slept with her yet? Back in the day we used to say we were "talking to" a girl if we hadn't hooked up yet.

To me spinning plates means a defacto harem basically, that you're hooking up with the women. Otherwise you're just "talking to" a bunch of women that may or may not amount to a damn thing if you never actually hook up with them. IMO I think a lot of guys are saying they're spinning plates when in reality they're not, at least by my standards, as a way of padding their ego to some degree. For those that it's not an ego thing then it could just be a difference in the definitions they use.

Greasy Pig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I say a plate is definitely a woman you're fvcking. If you could define women you're trying to fvck or who you're just non-sexually dating, then we'd all be plate-spinning champions.
Only when a woman parts her thighs for you can you say you've been successful. Only then does she become a plate. IMHO.

SecondHalf

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think a woman you could jump if you turned up the heat would qualify as a plate.
For me it's enough to take the edge off just knowing that I could.

After all, what is the purpose of a spinning "plate"?

SH

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I'm telling you about plates that I'm spinning, I'm referring to girls I'm having sex with.

But I've noticed that some guys just use it to describe girls they're talking to. My feeling is, that's not spinning plates...that's just normal human interaction.

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good to see we're on the same page with this one. I'm seeing a lot of guys here and elsewhere saying they've got plates (or using terminology that would otherwise translate to such), but aren't having sex with ANY of the women. Bunch of circlejerking ego stroking if you ask me.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I consider any girl that has demonstrated interest in me to be a plate. To me, "plate" means "option".
for the most part i agree. it's too black and white. there are plenty of girls who i know were extremely interested in me that i did not have sex with but still had enough sense to know they wanted me or wanted to be in a relationship with me. for various reasons we had not had sex yet.

to me a plate is a woman who meets the following criteria

1. i can settle down with at any given moment
2. i can have sex with at any given moment within reason

AW1983

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's how I see it:

A plate is someone you're having sex with.

However, the point of spinning plates is to cultivate options and the corresponding sense of confidence which exudes from your persona when you have this. So having options like backbreaker lists above contributes to the same mentality. Still a very good thing but I'd feel a little poseur-esque calling a girl who you're only talking to a "plate".

If she isn't worth fvcking, why are you talking to her? And if she is, well then why aren't you fvcking her? "Plates" should only refer to women attractive/worthwhile enough to fvck. Not some orbiting HB3 that you know you could bang whenever...

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Nutz,
Oh let's keep it easy.....There is a remarkable change in a relationship when it becomes svexual....not always good....Those girls waiting in the Wings or auditioning are worthy of another name....sadly,such is the attrition level in Plates,that our behaviour towards them,is and must be different....to be a successful Don Juan, you need a continual flow of Likely Ladies,to replace those who got up and ran away.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Disgustipated,
"Can we call those saucers?Or Kum saucers plz?"...Tres Drole

SecondHalf

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Clearly we're divided.

I learned the term in sosuave, so I only have my perception of its meaning.

However, given that we are divided, I'm going to qualify them from this point on as a "wet plate" or "dry plate", because, I'd hate to be thought of as an exagerating bullsh1tter.

SH

DMSR76

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
But options are options and they are what lead to a "bountiful mentality" and help kill the neediness.
Right. In the end, it's all about the mentality that is cultivated. That's what plate spinning is all about.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, the whole time I've been here I never knew there was any question on what a plate was. To me, it's definitely a girl you're having sex with, or at the very least dating.

Since I'm in an exclusive relationship with my LTR, I certainly never thought I was spinning any plates currently. But if a plate is merely an "option", damn I am spinning plates. But I don't believe that, so no I'm not.

If some people think plates are "options", I'm going to be a LOT less impressed when I read the number of plates some posters are spinning, that's for sure.

If plates are "options", should you consider all the ugly single girls you know plates, since you could most likely have them at a moment's notice?

sstype

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
Wow, the whole time I've been here I never knew there was any question on what a plate was. To me, it's definitely a girl you're having sex with, or at the very least dating.

Since I'm in an exclusive relationship with my LTR, I certainly never thought I was spinning any plates currently. But if a plate is merely an "option", damn I am spinning plates. But I don't believe that, so no I'm not.

If some people think plates are "options", I'm going to be a LOT less impressed when I read the number of plates some posters are spinning, that's for sure.

If plates are "options", should you consider all the ugly single girls you know plates, since you could most likely have them at a moment's notice?
lol...classic broflation of sexual conquests.

Friend: "Dude, I hooked up with her last night"

Me: "Nice, so you f*cked her right"

Friend: "Nah, we made out"

Me: (Facepalm)

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sstype said:
lol...classic broflation of sexual conquests.

Friend: "Dude, I hooked up with her last night"

Me: "Nice, so you f*cked her right"

Friend: "Nah, we made out"

Me: (Facepalm)

This is exactly what I was getting at.