"Blank Mind on Dates? She's Dropping Hints You Keep Missing"

The plates get cleared and the silence lands like a brick. You can feel her waiting. Your brain offers up your commute, your job, the weather — topics that have ended more second dates than bad breath.

Here's what most guys never learn: women hand out free conversational material all night long. Tiny clues about what they actually want to discuss. Catch them and you never run out of things to say — because she's telling you what to say next.

Rule 4 of the "22 Rules" trains your ear to catch every single one.

Read more...

A Progress Question...

ARGH_Dude

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 30, 2003
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
I've been going out with my girlfriend for about a week and a half now. It turns out she had a really strong crush on me (she even told me) and I also had one on her. I've already made kino with her (put my arm around her & held her hand) and she gladly accepted without hesitating. She seemed pretty comfortable around me because she even put her head on my shoulder when we were walking around on Wednesday night. One thing I noticed on before we had to go was she offered me a piece of chewing gum and she had one herself. I didn't think much of this apart from generosity at the time, but afterwards I realised maybe she was expecting a kiss. Maybe. Maybe it was nothing, but you can never be too sure. ;)

Well, tomorrow I'll be spending 9 hours with her downtown and we'll be having a great time (as usual), but I was wondering if I should go for a kiss or hold out a little longer? Something may spur off in the heat of the moment kinda thing, but I'm just making a back up plan just incase. Any suggestions? :confused:
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

blienk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 4, 2003
Messages
543
Reaction score
0
Yes, go for a kiss. Week and half is more than enough time.
 

JSH

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 20, 2003
Messages
1,088
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
London
So let me get this straight, bruv, so she is your gf but you have not kissed her yet. Now i dunno how you do things in (im assumin the states) wherever you are but here in the sunny UofK :D , the kiss starts the period of a relationship, before that you are just close friends. Just go for it, if you never kissed before dont sweat, ull either pick it up off her or shell never have done it (unlikely if u think she wants a kiss) and then you wont be bad as she cant compare you to anyone.

Just go for it, nothing bad can happen - she obviously likes you if you have some kind of formal defined relationship.

Although there is another half explanation, ur breath stank and she a) couldnt deal with it or b) wanted a kiss.

Oh yeah get rid of the gum before a kiss.
 

The Antichrist_Star

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 9, 2002
Messages
1,066
Reaction score
3
Age
41
You better kiss her champ... before I do. ;)
 

ARGH_Dude

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 30, 2003
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Yep, we kissed on that night...a whole 30 minutes of enjoyment :D. Only problem was the chewing gum, which you mentioned. ;) We were joking alot about it, but now she wants to kiss me everytime we're alone together, which is great. :cool: I've already met her dad and he's cool with us being together, so it looks like things are running pretty smooth. :D
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 26, 2002
Messages
4,626
Reaction score
28
Age
40
Location
Colorado
It took you a week and a half to get one kiss? Thats a bit pecular but whatever floats your boat.
 

Luscious

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 8, 2002
Messages
840
Reaction score
3
You should have kissed when you first started 'seeing each other'.

She wants you to lead. So lead.
 
Top