"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

a problem.... a question actually

UnexpectedTeen

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 14, 2003
Messages
123
Reaction score
0
Location
Singapore
first, some background
i have this platonic female friend (lets call her jill) askin me out, agreeing about me wantin to meet her boy. so iwas like cool, got another wing tat i could hang with. we went to a "secret" (less known cafe) to chat. and found out tat the boy was some what of a natural dj himself. and in the mist of de chat, a girl came from me behind and sat down beside me(5at 1st but gave her 7after the chat) tat girl was a friend of jill who happens to walk by(yeah rite like she would walk into a secluded area herself).
ne way, talk about havin female friends around u, tat was way too cool.

some weeks passed, jill's boy asked me out one day for some advice.

his prob.... failin jill's test
the question jill asked:
If one day both your mom and i fell into the water who would u save 1st?

he answered: my mom
jill was like pi$sed face, i was like wat the heck, i would save me mom too!!!

you guys have ne solutions tat have more tact in handling tis question? i think answerin saving either of the two is bound to fail tis test
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

jonny football hero

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 1, 2003
Messages
705
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Location
!Robin Hood country, Uk!
Look her in the eyes.

"wait till it happens" - with a seductive smile.

she'll think you're gonna save her, but you know you're gonna save your mum.
 

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2004
Messages
1,596
Reaction score
4
Location
United States of America
here's my cynical self again...ahem:

her: would you save me or your mom?

me: you because i know my mom can swim and you're like a rock.

her: what?!?!

me: don't worry, i'll let go if you're too difficult.

her: :mad:

me: :D

I always keep stuff humorous so she never knows whether I'm kidding or not. MWAHAHAHAHA.
 
Joined
Nov 14, 2002
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by jonny football hero
Look her in the eyes.

"wait till it happens" - with a seductive smile.

she'll think you're gonna save her, but you know you're gonna save your mum.
I think that would be absolutely the best way to handle the situation. But any girl who wants to freak out if you said you would save your mom first is taking this hypothetical situation way to serious.
 

Veloso

New Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2003
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I know this sounds AFC-ish but I've been using this answer everytime and it worked for me.

"I'll save my mom first, then I'll jump into the water and die with you"
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

mrsoy

Don Juan
Joined
May 26, 2003
Messages
177
Reaction score
0
Location
MA
Originally posted by Veloso
I know this sounds AFC-ish but I've been using this answer everytime and it worked for me.

"I'll save my mom first, then I'll jump into the water and die with you"
haha oooo thats rough

i guess girls would find that as a sweet thing to say buuut..why bother dieing?
 

Cheatz

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
232
Reaction score
0
Location
Australia, Melbourne
Originally posted by AFK Protector
here's my cynical self again...ahem:

her: would you save me or your mom?

me: you because i know my mom can swim and you're like a rock.

her: what?!?!

me: don't worry, i'll let go if you're too difficult.

her: :mad:

me: :D

I always keep stuff humorous so she never knows whether I'm kidding or not. MWAHAHAHAHA.
:p I like this one the best
 
Top