Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

A potential flaw I see in Pook's reasoning [merged]

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Unbridled_1
originally posted by diplomatic_lies:

The little guy is delusional. Is she a real girl or just a character in your "diplomacy games" that you play all day.

Jealous? Here's a tip to improve your life: starting arguments on a forum with a total stranger is the hallmark of a loser. I just made my first $100 on a short-term trade today. What did you do, go through forums starting arguments with people you don't know? Don't you have anything else to do?

DJ Wez

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with Slickster in the sense that this thread has gone overboard with the rampant posts that get so philosophical that it becomes BORING!

Keep in mind that perhaps a large number of readers on this site prefer these issues to be probed in a simpler way... (this is a matter of preference, not about how educated we are)

I offer Pook my tremendous respect... though it would be great if he could explain things in a more comprehensible way. Same for the other "Senior Don Juans"

I visit this site every now and then for great discussions and enhancement to my strive for DJ excellence, but my time is limited. I'm afraid there are dozens of posts in this thread alone that had invaluable arguments, but I don't have the time to distinguish what is gold and what is analytical babble.

thecraftylefty

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJ Wez
I agree with Slickster in the sense that this thread has gone overboard with the rampant posts that get so philosophical that it becomes BORING!
I'm sorry you feel that way.

BTW, what philosophy are you talking about? Pook and the others have repeatedly stated there is no philosophy. There just IS.

I feel this is one of the better threads to ever spawn at this site. With Cesare, icepick, crowes22, Page, xblitz44x, Giovanni Casanova, De La Soul, Deep Dish, Mr. Mystery, JustDoItAlways, DeepBlue, Don-Wan Kenobi, jakethasnake, prosemont, Bungo Pony, Pook, and SexPDX all contributing their thoughts and ideas I feel this post was very valuable even with all their "babble."

This post is different from many others I've read here before. I've noticed many people putting their egos aside and discussing some great ideas in a mostly sophisticated manner. From my perspective even Pook has come out of his shell and shared more than he usually does. Hopefully he can continue with this trend as more and more people get to see who this guy truly is. He's a regular man like the rest of us. Same goes with SexPDX. He has admitted there may have been a confusion with the way ideas are sometimes misinterpretted across the internet. Many of these confusions have (hopefully) been resolved. I find it great to see a discussion like this.

"If your rap is strong it can't go wrong."

thecraftylefty

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay okay I was too harsh

BY THECRAFTYLEFTY:

BTW, what philosophy are you talking about? Pook and the others have repeatedly stated there is no philosophy. There just IS.

I feel this is one of the better threads to ever spawn at this site. With Cesare, icepick, crowes22, Page, xblitz44x, Giovanni Casanova, De La Soul, Deep Dish, Mr. Mystery, JustDoItAlways, DeepBlue, Don-Wan Kenobi, jakethasnake, prosemont, Bungo Pony, Pook, and SexPDX all contributing their thoughts and ideas I feel this post was very valuable even with all their "babble.""

I was out of line. Sorry

After reading through all this stuff again. (LONG read) There are some good points being made. HOWEVER there is a lot of unneccessary crap being said. Bragging and flaming. Too many stubborn egos. Half of the time I don't even think that these people arguing are listening to what the other is saying. :)

Bungo Pony

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Woah!! I missed so much on here this past weekend. While I was busy sexually satisfying my gf, someone committed suicide, someone else took part in arson & attempted murder, and then there's this thread. I'll be honest, I read the whole goddam thing. Many interesting points, but I'm not going to take out the time to pick out what I'm for and what I'm against. I believe that can be seen with the advice I give on here. I haven't classified any particular techniques, or relied completely on one poster's thoughts. I've taken what I consider "good" and incorporate it into my own life. It then becomes my method.

A couple of things I'd like to touch on....

Pook Wrote
In Womaniverse, there is one criminal: It is a man who is invited to a woman's bed and he does not go.[/QUOTE]
I'd really like this one explained. I've turned down a woman's bed before. I had my own reasons - mostly because it interfered with my own personal life, or there were risks, etc etc. Does this criminal exist because of the road that the AFC has paved with being afraid of sexuality? Personally, I have my days where I just don't want to fvck. If I don't want to, noone's going to force me. To me, if a woman is pissed off that I don't jump into the sack with her, she's got self-esteem issues. Am I missing the point?

Giovanni Casanova wrote:
I have absolutely no use for a pathetic workshop that will supposedly teach me how to "get women" when I already have one that I'm more than happy with.
GC, I'm getting the vibe from your responses that you're quite content with yourself and your life. Do you take part in any kind of self-improvement? Have you ever considered what you would do if your gf suddenly left you?

Personally at this point (until marriage), I view my gf as a condition, just like the weather. If conditions change, I have alternative plans for myself. But for now, I'm quite happy with the weather. You may be wondering what kind of an effect this has on a relationship. I believe it actually strengthens it. I know I have the ability to go and land a new woman if I should choose to do so, and I believe my gf is very well aware of this. She knows I'm a crystal of sugar in a saltshaker. As long as she keeps treating me with respect the way she has, I will stay with her.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Icepick
It is not that bizarre. They want to talk to you, they want to feel that rush of sexuality, they want to be human.
I recognize what is bizarre to me, isn't bizarre to someone who grew up with it. A guy who grew up being popular with the ladies, would probably find nothing out of the ordinary with women blurting out random thoughts. Eventually, though, all these bizarre things which I find, will feel ordinary to me.

[This thread is long enough to be a published book! I'm leaving this party that I arrived fashionably late. :D]

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
GC, I'm getting the vibe from your responses that you're quite content with yourself and your life.

That's correct.

Do you take part in any kind of self-improvement?

In a manner of speaking. Since I'm in college, I'm improving myself by adding knowledge. I am also constantly reading to improve my knowedge about current events and other items of personal interest, including law, politics, and philosophy, among other things. I improve my social interaction with others by volunteering for organizations and talking to just about everyone. I always have things going on to keep me busy, and I have goals that I am constantly striving to achieve... real goals, not just "see how many women I can bang".

Have you ever considered what you would do if your gf suddenly left you?

In that unlikely event, I would probably do what I have done in the past when I have either lost a girlfriend or gotten rid of one. That consists of doing all of the things listed above... more. My girlfriend is a very important part of my life but I can survive without her. I just prefer not to.

Unbridled_1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
originally posted by diplomatic_lies:

Jealous? Here's a tip to improve your life: starting arguments on a forum with a total stranger is the hallmark of a loser. I just made my first $100 on a short-term trade today. What did you do, go through forums starting arguments with people you don't know? Don't you have anything else to do?
First off, my little friend, in case you haven't noticed, this thread is mostly for entertainment purposes and is not to be taken seriously, though I haven't read too much of it. You are just part of the show, so people reading this can have a laugh.

Diplomatic_lies, for someone who is so busy, it appears you have made a lot of posts on this discussion board. I also noticed that you are a starter of some asanine threads on the board, such as"Will the US go after Saudi Arabia next." I didn't bother reading what you had to say, but basing your intellect on some of your other posts, it probably isn't something intelligent.

Sorry that I don't have time to make as many posts as you do, I have a great job in which I work 50-60 hours a week, as well as many other interests. It sounds to me like you have "little man's disease", as you get so combative over a simple joke by someone who doesn't know you. Relax, little guy, have a laugh.

DJ Wez

Don Juan
Reaction score
thecraftylefty:

When I said they get philosophical, they definitely sound that way. I guess it's because of the intricacies of some of these posts. Though--you may be correct in saying there is no philosophy, technically speaking.

It's understood that many DJs here have brilliant insight, but the points they make could be more reader-friendly.

So let me emphasize that I've enjoyed the discussions in this site ever since I joined this forum... I just feel it could be even MORE efficient.

This is more of a wishful thinking... not a complaint, really. Like I said, I'm content with what I see in general.

SexPDX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Regarding This Thread

I understand where the people are coming from who are saying that this thread could have been a little bit "friendlier" in parts. I think many people have made their points in a somewhat forcefull manner. However, in my experience on some forums somtimes it TAKES vigorous debating and a little jockying for the attention of other posters by taking shots at them here and there to motivate people to become very involved in expressing conflicting points of view that otherwise go undiscussed. The fact is that it has turned into a very good discussion. Who would have thought that my calling someone a "netloon lame ass" would have prompted THIS. LOL! Again, that's what it takes sometimes.

I don't however, think anyone is bragging in here.

-PDX

Unbridled_1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
not sure why i'm bumping this, i haven't read much of it. But what i did read of it is damn funny.

digitalrat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bungo Pony
I hate all of you :D
I hate all of you more ;)

digitalrat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr. Mystery
Let me remind you all that this post is about everyones favorite internet god: Pook.

But who cares?

We seem to have some extremely skilled debaters in our midst. I have thouroughly (spelling?) enjoyed reading this post.

DWK & Cardinali:

You two hit on some very interesting points. I may try and chime in on them later, but I doubt I could keep up.

Casanove and SexPDX:

Casanova, your fvcking hilarious! SexPDX, you continue to impress me with your calm, methodical debating skills.

So the two of you see things differently, what the fvck is the deal? I don't see why you two argue so much. The only reason I can think of is that you both enjoy a good debate/argument.

Both of you provide excellent posts to the forums. The two of you have different ideas of how to get women and its good for the board to have different ideas floating around.

SexPDX however has contributed much more lately to the "women getting" aspects of the board than you have Gio, which is a shame because I can remember reading good posts form you when I was a newbie. But I don't venture to the H.S. forum often, if your in there helping them out I applaud you.

I can't comment too much on you Gio seeing as I don't talk to you much in the forums or outside of them.

But I have talked to SexPDX a few times and I gotta say the guy has a good heart. He's really out to help, not brag or gloat.

I think his beef with the "Anything Else Forum" has merit, but I don't feel its as big a problem as SexPDX makes of it.

If SexPDX is guilty of anything, its that he want to help too much. I'm sure he could hit on this better than I could seeing as he knows what hes thinking, but I'm bored, so I'm gonna give it a try. :)

SexPDX sees a board of guys with potential and sees it sqandered in the AE forum. He wants to see others get better with women and he is frustrated that they waste time not working on their game at a website dedicated to: working on you game.

SexPDX seems to be one of those teachers that cares too much about his students.

Gio, SexPDX, fellas, whats the big deal here? Why do the two of you care so much about what the other one does? I really think you two enjoy this, because there is really no other reason for it.

Oh and by the way, I don't think there are any flaws in Pooks "philosophies".
;)

Mr. Mystery
Ditto Ditto Ditto!

Page

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
shyt.... I go away for 3 months and when I come back my little thread has turned into this 7-page giant...

Pook: I do know speed seduction. I know patterns, weasel phrases, and the like, however, I rarely use it. i instead prefer conventional methods.

Many people here believe that the Dj system is only good for getting women. However, it is not the case.

I have taken it far beyond women. To me, it's more about reaching my own potential and achieving my own goals first and foremost. The Dj system has given me the means to do that. If anything, I value the DJ system for the personal power it gives me to move through life and take control of my destiny.

I just consider the women I get by using it to be sort of a bonus.

Drow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Page you've only been gone for like a month... but ok :D

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Drow
Page you've only been gone for like a month... but ok :D
Not even... He stopped posting between April 3 and started again on the 28th... then he stopped until today. So a little over three weeks was the longest.

De La Soul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Page
shyt.... I go away for 3 months and when I come back my little thread has turned into this 7-page giant...

Pook: I do know speed seduction. I know patterns, weasel phrases, and the like, however, I rarely use it. i instead prefer conventional methods.

Many people here believe that the Dj system is only good for getting women. However, it is not the case.

I have taken it far beyond women. To me, it's more about reaching my own potential and achieving my own goals first and foremost. The Dj system has given me the means to do that. If anything, I value the DJ system for the personal power it gives me to move through life and take control of my destiny.

Yeah, firstly, what the other guys said (it's more like three weeks than three months).

Secondly, and far more importantly, what DJ system are you referring to?! There is no "DJ system", or not one that I'm aware of. I don't understand how something which has not been written down or even verbally communicated could have given you such "personal power... to move through life and take control of [your] destiny."

And lastly, although I don't claim to be any great SS master, or even a user of commonly-known SS techniques, patterns and weasel phrases are only a tiny part of what SS is about. That's the sort of stuff Vronski posted about in his very first posts as an introduction to SS.... Are you familiar with juggler style?

- De La Soul

Don-Wan Kenobi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

No longer your little thread.

ha!

There is a prize to the person who correctly answers this question, Why is this funny?

I'm still waiting for someone to describe to me what exactly constitutes the Dj system?

This used to be a site about getting chicks. Sort of like "The Rules" for men. Then everyone who (presumably) wasn't getting laid began their there's-more-to-life than women posts.

And then we got a few guys on board who claimed they've never had any trouble getting laid but were always looking for ways to improve their standards, or develop a cult-following among lonely college students.

DIESEL had this to say to me in February:

This site isn't about getting laid, people just think it is because a lot of the newbies come to this site because of problems they are having with the ladies, hence the preponderance of female-related threads.

This site is really about developing power and embracing the power of masculinity.

Once you do that, everything else (especially women) falls into place.
"Hence the preponderance of female-related threads."

???

Go to yahoo search engine and run a search for "sosuave."

This is what pops up...

1. The Don Juan Center - secrets of meeting, dating, attracting women.

Hence the preponderance of female-related threads!

I have taken it far beyond women. To me, it's more about reaching my own potential and achieving my own goals first and foremost. The Dj system has given me the means to do that.

How?

If anything, I value the DJ system for the personal power it gives me to move through life and take control of my destiny.

Women as sort of a bonus? Interesting concept. Never really looked at a woman as a bonus. Maybe I looked at a woman and got a boner - nope, that's not the same.

That comment just struck me as being particularly cold and detached, which is what real life friends thought about my attitude towards women when I first discovered these materials. My success increased sharply... I was hooking up with a few girls regularly, up from being lonely and oblivious months before... but I wasn't involved in any quality relationships. And I felt fake.

Maybe my interest levels, and three second rule violations, and Alex's door pattern weren't teaching me a damned thing about the reality of how men and women relate. Maybe I learned more last year when I had a girlfriend and found myself in a position where I had to kiss control goodbye in order to feel what I wanted. I found myself having to weigh our interests against my interests and her interests. Incredible, exciting, enlightening, emotional, and sexual... all at the same time. Interesting.

Originally posted by De La Soul
Are you familiar with juggler style?

Juggler has a bit of my attention. He doesn't advocate a neglect-women-and-they'll-come-to-you philosophy nor does he advocate Jedi mind tricks or a thirteen-step approach strategy. He does what works for him and appreciates how the best, most effective material comes from within. Throw out the gimmicks and learn how to be more of an extroverted and fascinating version of yourself. To add to the momentum, Juggler loves women and values relationships - you can tell that just from reading his letters. He's a breath of fresh air in light of hundreds of misogynists that suffocate these forums. Juggler has also used the v-word (vulnerability) which almost NEVER comes up in these forums but comes up in almost every single substantial relationship, regardless of what we're told.

So I value any sort of opportunity I have to learn more about Juggler and his ideas. Not sure if they're applicable to my situation or your situation, but it would be great to delve into them in light of these conversations. I'm not suggesting we nominate Juggler "Pook of the millennium" or Discussion forum Czar, but I think he's more realistic (emphasis on the "real" part) than other names around these parts.

I'm done for now - glad to see this old discussion bumped.

DWK