Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

A potential flaw I see in Pook's reasoning [merged]

Page

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A potential flaw I see in Pook's reasoning

After Reading Pook's response to Cesare's Sarging report post, i can see what may be Pook's archille's heel.

Pook seems to base his philosophy on being a man and embracing extreme masculinity. This is good and useful, I do it myself. However, Pook seems to also present this as using raw testerone-powered instinct with little to no calculated planning to balance it out.

If you tip anything too far to one extreme, you will then weaken it on the other side. Think of an expensive ming vase. it it is set upright, it is equally fortified from all sides, except from above and below. However, if you were to place the vase on a slanted surface, it may remain upright, but the slightest shove will send it to the floor, transforming a valuable artifact into worthless shards.

Pook is well versed in following masculine nature, but I am certain that his abilities are not equal to that in terms of seduction. If pook had to rely entirely on seduction without using extreme masculinity's advantage, then he would probably falter. Without bragging excessively, I would brobably be able to get the upper hand on the great Pookster himself in a situation like this, but only because I have equal understanding on many aspects of DJ-ing. Even as we speak, I am continuously learning new things, so my power increases year by year.

I on the other hand, have balanced my game with extreme masculinity's raw power on one side, and the power of philosophy and calculation on the other. When both are brought together, my game is rock solid and I am equally prepared on all fronts.

While pook severely limits himself on the calculation side of DJ-ing, I have full access to both sides, and I use both in combination in varying degrees depending on the situation. Using extreme masculinity's instinct without knowing what you are doing is rushing in blind and without a plan. Henry ford said 'if you fail to plan, you plan to fail." Extreme masculinity helps to generate interestlevel, but it wil lbe of limited use in a LTR, or even a STR. That is where only planning and calculation will help you, because you need to be able to plan things spontaneously while in a relationship of any sorts.

Even though you should not base your entire philosophy on philosophy, it is critical to know and be able to use both knowledge and extreme masculinity to your advantage. Every aspect of Don Juanism has it's designated purpose:

Philosophy will not get you women, it helps you keep them. Patterns and speed seduction are good for one night stands, but not for keeping the women. Extreme masculinity is good for getting the women, but is of limited value for keeping them, and of limited value for speed seduction. Speed seduction produces immediate results with little duration, Extreme masculinity produces fast results with limited duration, and philosophy produces little results with extremely long duration.

Putting these together gives you a plan that produces extreme versatility for infinite duration on countless women.

My advice to pook is to work on the calculation and philosophy aspect of your game, because in order to be truly strong, you must be balanced.

Thor

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like a coup attempt to me. I think Pook needs to return from his hiding and put Page's rebellion down immeditally.

or something....yeah....

Sleepless

Don Juan
Reaction score
While Pook does take a 'naturalist' approach, he does not espouse an extremist view where masculinity is god and the more you have, the better you are. Rather, his message is that of masculinity tempered with self control. Here's a quote from 'The secret of the jerk' :

The secret is to CONTROL the sexuality or else it will control you! The jerk is entirely controlled by it. The Nice Guy recoils from the abuses he sees in the jerk and becomes merely static on the woman's radar.
The matter of self control is also dealt with in Patience: What truly makes a Don Juan. Read up, son.

icepick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: A potential flaw I see in Pook's reasoning

Originally posted by Page
After Reading Pook's response to Cesare's Sarging report post, i can see what may be Pook's archille's heel.

Pook seems to base his philosophy on being a man and embracing extreme masculinity. This is good and useful, I do it myself. However, Pook seems to also present this as using raw testerone-powered instinct with little to no calculated planning to balance it out.

If you tip anything too far to one extreme, you will then weaken it on the other side. Think of an expensive ming vase. it it is set upright, it is equally fortified from all sides, except from above and below. However, if you were to place the vase on a slanted surface, it may remain upright, but the slightest shove will send it to the floor, transforming a valuable artifact into worthless shards.

Pook is well versed in following masculine nature, but I am certain that his abilities are not equal to that in terms of seduction. If pook had to rely entirely on seduction without using extreme masculinity's advantage, then he would probably falter. Without bragging excessively, I would brobably be able to get the upper hand on the great Pookster himself in a situation like this, but only because I have equal understanding on many aspects of DJ-ing. Even as we speak, I am continuously learning new things, so my power increases year by year.

I on the other hand, have balanced my game with extreme masculinity's raw power on one side, and the power of philosophy and calculation on the other. When both are brought together, my game is rock solid and I am equally prepared on all fronts.

While pook severely limits himself on the calculation side of DJ-ing, I have full access to both sides, and I use both in combination in varying degrees depending on the situation. Using extreme masculinity's instinct without knowing what you are doing is rushing in blind and without a plan. Henry ford said 'if you fail to plan, you plan to fail." Extreme masculinity helps to generate interestlevel, but it wil lbe of limited use in a LTR, or even a STR. That is where only planning and calculation will help you, because you need to be able to plan things spontaneously while in a relationship of any sorts.

Even though you should not base your entire philosophy on philosophy, it is critical to know and be able to use both knowledge and extreme masculinity to your advantage. Every aspect of Don Juanism has it's designated purpose:

Philosophy will not get you women, it helps you keep them. Patterns and speed seduction are good for one night stands, but not for keeping the women. Extreme masculinity is good for getting the women, but is of limited value for keeping them, and of limited value for speed seduction. Speed seduction produces immediate results with little duration, Extreme masculinity produces fast results with limited duration, and philosophy produces little results with extremely long duration.

Putting these together gives you a plan that produces extreme versatility for infinite duration on countless women.

My advice to pook is to work on the calculation and philosophy aspect of your game, because in order to be truly strong, you must be balanced.
All this coming from a guy who has just downed two vials of acid...

Page

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Thor
Sounds like a coup attempt to me. I think Pook needs to return from his hiding and put Page's rebellion down immeditally.

or something....yeah....
A coup over what? There is no shining golden throne that I have to take away from Pook. Why would i want to sabotage a fellow DJ by turning against him? If I truly had bad intentions, I would merely not ever bring this up and wait for the day where Pook gets his comeuppance. This is obviously not the case.

Rather, I have great respect for pook. However, that doesn't mean that I accept anything that he says without question.

Many people may say the same about me, but so be it. I never said that I have ALL the answers, merely most of them. I'm just pointing out what appears to be a minor weakness in pook's method of attack.

Pook has a lot of knowledge and experience, I do as well. I don't idolize and worship pook any more than I despise him. Rather, I consider him to be my equal, and I would love to get a chance to team up w/ him and see him in action if the opportunity would ever arise. My intention is to make pook better by bringing this possible flaw to his attention, so he can strengthen himself in that area and ultimately better himself because of it.

I'm just saying that Pook might want to consider developing other aspects of his game a little bit more, as he seems to rely too heavily on Extreme Masculinity.

as far as the Patience is what truly makes the Don Juan thing, pook is only saying to slow down a little bit, which is merely common sense.

icepick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Yeah, you may or may not be able to seduce and keep a woman "better" than Pook can, but I would rather live Pook's life than yours. :p

Sleepless

Don Juan
Reaction score
You're being a bit vague. What 'philosophy' are you referring to?

Page

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: A potential flaw I see in Pook's reasoning

Originally posted by icepick
Yeah, you may or may not be able to seduce and keep a woman "better" than Pook can, but I would rather live Pook's life than yours. :p
Seeing as how you don't even know me in real life, how can you make a judgement like that?

Also, gimme back my acid. :)

icepick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Seeing as how you don't even know me in real life, how can you make a judgement like that?
If everything that you posted and Pook posted about your lifes are true, then I would rather be Pook then you.

You spend (some of ?) your time studying the philosophies of seduction and increasing your "power".

Pook, on the other hand, runs around and "plays ball". Also, it is obvious that he reads alot of interesting things not having to do with seduction.

I am the type that likes to go out and do things when my energy levels are high, and when they are low, I enjoy reading interesting works.

Look, you may be "more successful at seduction and keeping women" or whatever, but who cares? I mean, is it really needed to waist your time making your "dealing with women" skills to go from say 90/100 to 99/100? It is like studying all day to raise your GPA from 3.9 to 4. No, it is like studying to increase your gpa to 4 from 3.9 when you got a 3.9 in the first place while partying all day.

"Don't do it dawg, it's just not worth it." is my interpretation of Pook's "philosophy" toward seduction.

And, I think that he is right.

Invisible

Reaction score
if pook had a flaw..

I find it strange in pook's latest post he bashes men that actually "think." He seems to be working on some assumption, which i believe to false, that one cannot live life, and understand life at the same time. Which I find strange coming from Pook, who appears to be so well read and intelligent, and familar with the power of rhythm and meter; and with the power of diction and prose.

There do exist girls that like intelligent men above all else.

Also, the vanity bashing thing i don't understand either. Especially since Pook constantly talks about working out, and getting huge, and having all these puffy muscles. Is that not vanity? I dunno....

Other then that though, I can't dis on him. He has made many a great post. Perhaps the thing I like best about his philosophy is how he preaches to never give up on your dreams, and to never settle for anything less.

Either way, one thing i have learned is that it is hard to point at anybody and judge them to be wrong about something. This is especially true if someone has the courage to speak up, and to speak from their heart. Because it's all human experience, and it's all human language.

Any criticism I hope was constructive.

Invisible

Reaction score
OOps, I meant to attach that to Page's post earlier.

crowes22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally, I don't know one damn thing about Pook.

All I know of him is what he is written here.

If he had a flaw? I think Pook himself would agree that we all do.

I think he knows the value associated with his obscurity.

That is a very valuable concept, and one that seems extremely hard for many people to conceptualize.

I know this, his insight is invaluable, so listen, and take heed.

I agree, I think he is extremely intelligent, and in my opinion, from reading his posts, I believe he retains a couple other traits.

Patience and Perception. These are linked to self discipline!

And they all are linked to intelligence, as well as experience, you don't have to be bedding girls every night to see what his posts mean.

Dumb guys focus on that objective, because their minds tell them that is their goal. This makes me sick, sick, I wanna puke sick!

So why wonder why intelligence may get chicks? It's a trait we sould all strive for anyway. It's a thing that cannot be stripped from you!

What Pook wrote was dead on in my opinion, and vanity and wanting to be the best you can are are totally seperate worlds if you ask me.

Vanity is obsessive, insecure, superficial, etc.

Being the best you can, is simply no more than what we all owe to ourselves.

SexPDX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Look, Page. You have been on this forum pretty much as long as I have (I think). You know I was as into this DJ stuff as anyone. But now my opinions have changed with experience. This has been the case also with guys like Ashlee Angel, De La Soul, and Cesare Cardinali. YOU, however, are still a fanatic DJ Bible thumper and you spend your time jerking yourself off by compliing these "books" of other people's material. Why?

Do you realize what you are doing here? You are projecting a personality onto an internet character who you have NEVER met, who NOBODY has ever met and who makes himself an enigmatic entity by making it difficult to judge what interacting with him would actually be like and you are now comparing YOURSELF to this personality you have projected onto this internet character!

Dude, you are a fvcking net loon lame ass! Admit it.

Lionheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Dude, you are a fvcking net loon lame ass! Admit it"

That's a bit harsh...but I understand what you mean, but i don't know whats worse.

Idolizing Pook or attempting to bring him down because you are jealous of the respect he commands.

Page: Different strokes for different folks, I know enough to know that not all the techniques on here will not work for me, so I take the core ideas and get an optimal blend for my personality type.

(arragh my bloody space bar is broken :()

Lion,

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Originally posted by SexPDX
Mr. Pot... meet Mr. Kettle.

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: A potential flaw I see in Pook's reasoning

Originally posted by Giovanni Casanova
Mr. Pot... meet Mr. Kettle.
LOL....:D

You beat me to it, Gio.

The Bad Ass Canadian

Survivor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ah yes!..The Sabbatical Phase..

Consider this a new phase in your development, Page.

Your new assignment is to take a hiatus AWAY from sosuave.com for at least 2 months. Do not post. Do not lurk. Do anything that you want with your time during your sabbatical. Just don't come here.

After that time has past, allow yourself to come back to the forum. I garauntee that it will do wonders. You will have more personal balance and a better, more enlightened perspective. Trust me on this.

I'm not flaming you, Page. Many guys on this forum either have done or will eventually need to do what I'm recommending, myself included.

From what I've read, it seems like you just need to chill out and spend a little time away from the forum, that's all.

Take care, man.

Survivor

btw...Gio, that was funny! LOL!

Anson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So you don't agree with Pook, eh? Don't worry, it's actually quite a common disease. You will also start seeing things in other Bible posts that you don't agree with. There is no point posting it all here, because everyone looks at these things with their own perspective, through their own life.

You have now seen a "flaw" (it's not actually a flaw, just another perspective into things) in a post made by a respected DJ. That's a good start. Now you should start looking for more "flaws" in other Bible posts made by other people. Perhaps you will realize that you can't agree with everything that is said in the Bible, because the writers don't know sh*t about your life.

You can't and you shouldn't agree with the Bible entirely. That's not what the Bible is for. The Bible is there so we can start thinking about what the basics of our new, DJ life should be, and how should I change these basics from the Bible's version when I look them from my own personal perspective. People who follow everything that's said in the Bible literally will end up in an ungenuine situation; because not everything is adaptable in their life situation.

If you feel that Pook is wrong about something, it doesn't mean that there's a flaw in Pook's game. It just means that you look at it from different perspective. It's as simple as that.

icepick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Originally posted by SexPDX
Look, Page. You have been on this forum pretty much as long as I have (I think). You know I was as into this DJ stuff as anyone. But now my opinions have changed with experience. This has been the case also with guys like Ashlee Angel, De La Soul, and Cesare Cardinali. YOU, however, are still a fanatic DJ Bible thumper and you spend your time jerking yourself off by compliing these "books" of other people's material. Why?

Do you realize what you are doing here? You are projecting a personality onto an internet character who you have NEVER met, who NOBODY has ever met and who makes himself an enigmatic entity by making it difficult to judge what interacting with him would actually be like and you are now comparing YOURSELF to this personality you have projected onto this internet character!

ROTFLMAO!!!! Ha ha ha, oh...that is a good laugh. Thanks for giving me that laugh man. When the truth is put as bluntly as you put it, it can be funny... :D

Page

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Ah yes!..The Sabbatical Phase..

So this is what it's like to step out on a limb and have it break under you. Fortunately, I grabbed the branch below it.

I spend so much time here b/c I owe a huge debt to this board for all it has done for me, and i hope to repay the debt by helping out newer DJs the same way I was helped out.

(PDX especially) If you assume that I spend all my time on here without ever going out into the real world, then you have sorely underestimated me. I regularly use what I have learned and it does work, or else I would have left a long time ago.

And to answer your question about the Books, I have written my own so I can pass on my knowledge to others, but i have put together books on other people's work, not because I wish to cash in on the fame assosciated with people like pook, but for my own convenience. I prefer having all the material gathered together in one place, so I can read it any time I need without having to go online and find it. I made the books primarily for my own use, but I have decided to share them with everyone as well.

Now that I have released my Book, I consider my debt to be paid in full.

Also, I don't claim to be projecting a personality onto Pook. Rather, I am bringing something to light which intrigues me about his game. I am merely offering Pook some advice, not attempting to dethrone him or judging him. I want to hear Pook's take on this aspect. Even if i turn out to be mistaken on my assumption here, I want to hear Pook's reasoning about this.

Anson: Also, i do not take the DJ Bible to be the final answer about everything. Real life is where you find the answers, the DJ Bible is just here to show the way and to help get you started. I am questioning a little bit of what Pook has to say, I now am interested in hearing pook's rebuttal.

Survivor: I am more or less fully developed as a DJ, but taking a hiatus couldn't hurt any.
I was planning on leaving for a month anyway, because I am moving into a new house and virtually everything that I own is boxed up, and I won't have the time to come here as often until I am settled in.