Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

A man who can cook.

inzone50

Don Juan
Reaction score
From personal experience i've realized women are attracted when you can cook really good.

comment and Discus

onyx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I can cook I originally wanted to become a chef, and spent a 3 years training before deciding to do something else that was safer for me in the long run, Not really made a difference with me though, i've never really mentioned it, I cook for my family on a regular basis though.

bachelor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, women love a guy who can cook... I like to cook for them if they are worthy haha... Also knowing your fine wines and making drinks can help as well... You gotta broaden the range in cooking from Italian to Mexican learn the recipes :)

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No better social proof than throwing a dinner party and cooking the appetizers surrounded by women wanting to help and trade stories while their non-culinary boyfriends are staring in from another room. :up:

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
onyx said:
I can cook I originally wanted to become a chef, and spent a 3 years training before deciding to do something else that was safer for me in the long run, Not really made a difference with me though, i've never really mentioned it, I cook for my family on a regular basis though.
Well, perhaps you need to start mentioning it. Not to brag or try to impress, but include it in the conversation as in "I often cook for my family", now that will show so many positive aspects of your personality without you having to state them one by one.

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love to cook, but it comes with the fact I am a health nut and I eat so many healthy foods its what I do. I even gave the lady at Walmart tips once on cooking salmon.

But I think its great to be able to do that, and have that type of aspect. Also work on the wine deal, and try something that most guys dont do to add that little extra impression.

I dont know when it started, but I can crack two eggs at once while I make breakfast or what ever. I put one in each hand, slam them down and split them right into the bowl or skillet. Usually gets a woman wet. :yes:

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Best way to a woman's heart is through her tummy not her vagina. I guarantee if you can cook up a steak with grilled asparagus w/ chives and a mango chutney you'll be called God (at least that's what Mrs. K is screaming after I get her ass away from the table!).

aussiegoat55

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm personally more of a traditionalist and appreciate being cooked for, being treated like a king. However, I believe it to be a romantic gesture to cook for a woman on special occasions (anniversaries, birthdays, Valentines) or every once in a while (she comes home late from work, is real tired, ill).

Just to quote Anti Dump, I like this one,... "Real men are not available. They are climbing mountains. They are swimming across rivers. What are YOU doing? Making spagetti?!?!?! "

It's always good to have basic and some advanced knowledge of prepping, cooking, food, and wine, but like I said, I prefer my women do the cooking.

Charm&Style

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
screw what the women thinks...a man who can cook is healthier, happier, and more successful.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
aussiegoat55 said:
I'm personally more of a traditionalist and appreciate being cooked for, being treated like a king. However, I believe it to be a romantic gesture to cook for a woman on special occasions (anniversaries, birthdays, Valentines) or every once in a while (she comes home late from work, is real tired, ill).

Just to quote Anti Dump, I like this one,... "Real men are not available. They are climbing mountains. They are swimming across rivers. What are YOU doing? Making spagetti?!?!?! "

It's always good to have basic and some advanced knowledge of prepping, cooking, food, and wine, but like I said, I prefer my women do the cooking.
You're a fvcking fool. I suppose a woman being barefoot and pregnant is your idea of heaven?

You spout this rubbish and I'll bet it's because you can't boil water.

Watch Good Eats on Food Network and let Alton Brown become your best friend.

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KarmaSutra said:
You're a fvcking fool. I suppose a woman being barefoot and pregnant is your idea of heaven?

Giada is my best friend :flowers: Man I love that woman. She's gorgeous.

I love watching her cook, and then when she says some word all with accents. GRRR!

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Charm&Style said:
screw what the women thinks...a man who can cook is healthier, happier, and more successful.
yes and it is because women know that if a man can cook for himself, he will not settle down with just any old broad that can throw together some hamburger helper. it means he never has to settle, because we were taught "the best way to a man's heart is thru his belly."
it means that you have to do everything to impress him, because it will not be your cooking.

i encourage all of you to learn to cook for yourselves before you choose someone to be in a ltr with. i am going to teach my sons before they leave home just as i will teach my daughter's how to maintain the most usual things in a house and car before they leave home. it is because i never want them to feel like they have to settle for the first person that comes along just because they don't know how to do something vital.
does that make any sense or am i rambling?

PersonalJesus

Don Juan
Reaction score
penkitten said:
yes and it is because women know that if a man can cook for himself, he will not settle down with just any old broad that can throw together some hamburger helper. it means he never has to settle, because we were taught "the best way to a man's heart is thru his belly."
it means that you have to do everything to impress him, because it will not be your cooking.

i encourage all of you to learn to cook for yourselves before you choose someone to be in a ltr with. i am going to teach my sons before they leave home just as i will teach my daughter's how to maintain the most usual things in a house and car before they leave home. it is because i never want them to feel like they have to settle for the first person that comes along just because they don't know how to do something vital.
does that make any sense or am i rambling?
"

amen:rockon:

Prof

Don Juan
Reaction score
Works for some and not so much for others. In either case, you're at least not eating ramen...

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Prof said:
Works for some and not so much for others. In either case, you're at least not eating ramen...
Ummm, when I was dating in college I'd cooked dinners for my dates which was a mix of marked down strip steaks, frozen mixed vegetables and Ramen noodles. For under $5 I was able to prepare a dinner for two (sometimes with leftovers for the next day). The coeds thought I was fvcking Emeril! :D

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love being able to cook the food my mum cooks for me.
Proper, fresh, healthy food.

Hey, happy 40th Francisco, just noticed the changed.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thank you MrS. Usually people just notice the post count. I guess it could be worse and be inverted. Then I'd have to change my screen name to Methuselah. No jokes from the peanut gallery.... :woo:

aussiegoat55

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
KarmaSutra said:

Whoa, don't get your apron all in a bunch. I bet you're getting defensive because you don't know how to tie knots, row a raft down grade 10 rapids, or climb a mountain. Yeah, lets make assumptions! In my world, women would be pregnant,... and yours? Men would?

When you come home from a long day of manual labor, lifting 10 ft EMT electrical conduit weighing approx. 100 lbs, do you have any idea what's the first thing you want to do when you get home? (I don't expect you to.) You want something to eat, then you relax, and then crash. You don't have the patience, time, and energy to prepare mango chutney, steak, and grilled asparugus. This is where your gf/wife comes in, she prepares something just for you. This is also where you appreciate being cooked for, where you feel like a king. Women in America view cooking as a chore, but in other countries it's viewed as expressing love towards another. What's another difference between America and other countries? The rise of feminism. Read this article, it's long, but it's spot on...http://russianwomen.wordpress.com/2006/11/07/dont-american-women-cook/. Also refer to the sosuave thread about how the guy became an optimist in the Philippines.

I'm not bashing men that know how to cook, I believe it's a valuable skill, especially during college, bachelorhood, and when your gf/wife is away. It makes you a more worldy, cultured, and interesting person. Emeril, Wolfgang, those guys are cool, they've found their passion.

However, it's when guys demasculinize themselves by wandering down the metrosexual path all in the name of impressing their girl, pleasing her, having ulterior motives, cooking for her every time she comes over, etc. Cook for her all the time and boy, she'll get used to that, take you for granted.

So by impressing your dates, girlfriends, and women with your cooking ability, you may be getting them all wet, maybe that's because they don't know how to cook, a huge burden lifted off their back. And them not knowing how to cook is a great example of the surge of feminism, the very reason websites like this were created. So keep fanning the flames.

Serialized3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the ability to cook is kind of a mulligan when it comes to attracting women.

Sure, it's slightly "attractive", but it's not gonna get you any closer to a relationship or sex.

edit: I'm no sous chef but I can put some quality meals together.