Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

A girl I like keeps calling me kid

Lostsoul19

Don Juan
Reaction score
So I've been talking to this girl for 2 weeks. She's very receptive. She flirts and all that. But lately, whenever I try to flirt or move things forward, she somehow finds a way to call me kid/kiddie, etc.

Our last conversation was like this -
I sent her a screenshot of ingredients of some fragrance I was looking up and I sent her this
Me - I wouldn't mind wearing some *her name*(same as that of a flower used in colognes) on me today
Her - you need to level up your flirting game kiddie

Was it that bad? What should I reply?

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
OP is this happening in the US or a western culture? Cultural factors don’t always translate. Is this conversation occurring in English?

What may be perfectly acceptable in another culture may seem demeaning or condescending for another culture.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I've been talking to this girl for 2 weeks. She's very receptive. She flirts and all that. But lately, whenever I try to flirt or move things forward, she somehow finds a way to call me kid/kiddie, etc.

I sent her a screenshot of ingredients of some fragrance I was looking up and I sent her this
Me - I wouldn't mind wearing some *her name*(same as that of a flower used in colognes) on me today

I agree with @Stuffnu, have fun with it. But to your point, I find it distasteful and quite disrespectful. But I wouldn't confront her or let it get to your head, for all we know it might be one of her million s**t tests.

Turn it around and get her to call you daddy instead. Be clever about it tho.

Modern Man Advice

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

The goal is to meet in person not endlessly text.

StacksHitEmUp

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Avoid texting as much as possible. It puts you in the same position as her other tons of orbiters and friends. I refrain from texting, it makes them wonder about me.

Lostsoul19

Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you guys went out on a date? If no, you need to pull the trigger and take her out.

Texting for 2 weeks puts you in the penpal zone.
I already invited her over once. A string of **** tests followed and I nearly passed all of them but then she took 2 days to agree to the plan so I postponed it because I had some important work and wasn't available. I texted her today to set up a date and this.

Lostsoul19

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with @Stuffnu, have fun with it. But to your point, I find it distasteful and quite disrespectful. But I wouldn't confront her or let it get to your head, for all we know it might be one of her million s**t tests.

Turn it around and get her to call you daddy instead. Be clever about it tho.

Modern Man Advice
How do I get her to call me daddy? I really don't know this stuff well.
This. You are getting dangerously close to friendzone, but still have a chance if you act soon.
What should I do?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Avoid texting as much as possible. It puts you in the same position as her other tons of orbiters and friends. I refrain from texting, it makes them wonder about me.
Nah, I am not a believer in this. Have found it not to work well for me.

Content of the texts is key. I text regularly and have very few flakes. Almost none.

Most guys are exceptionally boring and have nothing interesting to say...either in person or via text.

So if you are interesting, fun and flirty you stand out in a good way.

And with the amount of double and triple texts I get when I don't respond for a few hours, I'd say they are definitely wondering about me...

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How do I get her to call me daddy? I really don't know this stuff well.

What should I do?
Well, first thing is to move away from texting. You're cutting close to the pen pal zone. It sounds like you're new on this community so welcome, this is something I have repeatedly advised on and recommended, but texting is only to be used for building initial commonalities, trust, sexual tension, mystery, etc. Meaning, keep it short, concise, fun, and light. Once those first few things are somewhat established, testing is mainly used to set up an actual date. ALWAYS strive to meet in person.

With that said, either she complies, or if she is genuinely busy, provides alternative days or you are more or less wasting your time and should move on.

This means, that you need to set up a date with her ASAP, which I think you did today so that's good.

Once in person, if she continues to call you a kiddie, sexualize the conversation and initiate light kino. Don't confront her about it, ignore it but know that it is your job to let her see you as a potential sexual mate. Once you have established yourself as a potential sexual suitor, demand in a playful she calls you daddy. Know that is a long stretch as you have to have the "daddy" mindset and attitude so rarely can guys pull it off. Not to mention you have to be good at reading women to see if she would be that type of girl into dirty talk/sex. Some women will feel absolutely out of place calling a guy daddy. If you don't think you are there yet, simply ignore the s**t test, don't demand to be called daddy, but simply sexualize the interaction.

Above all, simply have fun. Enjoy yourself. That is key and what truly matters. Don't have an agenda but know if she is testing you, you need to turn it around and lead/guide the interaction.

Modern Man Advice

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Shes dominating you. The next time she says it tell her "get lost " and be done.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She's older than me. 24 or 25 I think. Definitely not more than that.
She's way too young to be addressing anyone as "kid" let alone a man just a couple years younger than her. But this is the problem with trying to date an older woman. They automatically see themselves in a position of power with you even if it isn't reality. Hence why it is rarely worth it unless it is just for an occasional lay.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Content of the texts is key. I text regularly and have very few flakes. Almost none.

Most guys are exceptionally boring and have nothing interesting to say...either in person or via text.
Can you give some examples of your texting to showcase how you set yourself apart?

Lostsoul19

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, first thing is to move away from texting. You're cutting close to the pen pal zone. It sounds like you're new on this community so welcome, this is something I have repeatedly advised on and recommended, but texting is only to be used for building initial commonalities, trust, sexual tension, mystery, etc. Meaning, keep it short, concise, fun, and light. Once those first few things are somewhat established, testing is mainly used to set up an actual date. ALWAYS strive to meet in person.

With that said, either she complies, or if she is genuinely busy, provides alternative days or you are more or less wasting your time and should move on.

This means, that you need to set up a date with her ASAP, which I think you did today so that's good.

Once in person, if she continues to call you a kiddie, sexualize the conversation and initiate light kino. Don't confront her about it, ignore it but know that it is your job to let her see you as a potential sexual mate. Once you have established yourself as a potential sexual suitor, demand in a playful she calls you daddy. Know that is a long stretch as you have to have the "daddy" mindset and attitude so rarely can guys pull it off. Not to mention you have to be good at reading women to see if she would be that type of girl into dirty talk/sex. Some women will feel absolutely out of place calling a guy daddy. If you don't think you are there yet, simply ignore the s**t test, don't demand to be called daddy, but simply sexualize the interaction.

Above all, simply have fun. Enjoy yourself. That is key and what truly matters. Don't have an agenda but know if she is testing you, you need to turn it around and lead/guide the interaction.

Modern Man Advice
I didn't set a date yet. It was just a soft close. Suggesting we meet up for drinks.
Who cares...Have fun with it.
“Don’t worry doll, you’ll be calling me daddy soon enough”
This is exactly what I texted her. But her reply was that I should get a girlfriend instead of dipping my spoon in every dingy business. I am guessing this is not a **** test and a kind of rejection?

I don't like texting and I follow the rule of using it as a means of getting her out on a date but this one has been difficult.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Its super weird and cringey that shes calling you kid. If u having sex with her, ignore and keep having sex but shes no ltr/wife material. She will never be nothing more thana plate. Keep spinning her until she drops.