affliction
Don Juan
- Joined
- Sep 1, 2004
- Messages
- 190
- Reaction score
- 0
- Age
- 44
A day of sarging. Several approaches but no success. I probably made a lot of mistakes in here. Keep in mind, I just found this site 2 months ago & I was a total AFC scared to talk to girls before this. I think I'm making good progress but I definitely need some more pointers. All advice appreciated!
I met up with my wing at about 3:00pm & we decided to check out the university library first. When we got there we spotted a 2-set isolated in the back of the library doing their homework. I said hi & sat down next to HB8, my wing took a seat next to HB6.5 and we just started chatting them up. They were both friendly & receptive at the start, laughing & asking us questions also. I talked quietly w/ HB8 for a while at the start & was getting a pretty good vibe from her. Unfortunately I started running out of things to say so I leaned forward & started addressing the entire group (it was 4 chairs, i was on the outside, both girls on the inside, and my wing on the other side) & sort of playing off my wing. I don't think HB8 liked it very much tho, cause she stopped talking & went back to doing her homework. I couldn't get much out of her so I decided to throw out a c&f line
me: so, how does it feel talking to a bunch of handsome guys like us?
HB8: who said you're handsome?
me: my grandma tells me im handsome. would she lie?
HB8: grandmas always say that.
me: does your grandma tell you you're pretty?
hb8: yea
me: she must be lying.
her: (ignore & continues doing homework)
Definitely didn't work how I had hoped. C&f is a concept I think i understand but it's difficult to predict how it will be received. A little later, I accused them both of checking me out when I was walking around the library. They laughed but it wasn't enough to get HB8 open again. Anyway, after about 15 mins or so we decided to eject. I went for the #close on hb8 but she said she doesn't give her # to strangers. I challenged that & said that we both know each other. I said give me your email then, but she wouldn't do that either. Oh well. They were sorority girls anyway, so I'm sure they're approached pretty often.
We stopped at a few other stores but I didn't see any good opportunities. My wing made a few approaches at a shoestore but didn't try to close either of them. Next approach I did was at an arts & crafts store. I noticed the cashier when I first walked into the store. A really nice looking HB8.5. Wasn't sure how I should approach so I just grabbed a little $.99 pencil & got in line. When I got to the register this is what happened. One important thing I noticed during this convo is that she didn't break eye contact even once.
Me: Hi
Her: hi (nice smile)
me: what's your name?
her: rachel
me: how old are you, rachel?
her: 16
me: that's legal (****y smile)
her: (blank stare)
me: are you single rachel?
her: no
me: boyfriend or girlfriend?
her: boyfriend
me: don't you want a better one?
her: i'm all set
I looked over at the register & realized my debit card hadn't processed when i slid it thru before even saying hi to her. She didn't notice either so I guess I had her undivided attention during the convo. I asked & she said to try again. It worked this time & she asked to see my ID. I said "you just want to know my address, don't you?" and she smiled but that was all. This approach was probably too direct, but there was a line of people behind me & I didn't see any way to build any meaningful rapport in such a short amount of time.
Next approach was at a CD store. I see a nice looking girl from the back looking through some CDs. I didn't plan on approaching since I hadn't gotten a look at her face, but some encouragement from my wing got me going. Good thing, too, cause she looked great & turned into an HB8 on close up. Here's what happened.
She is at the end of the aisle & making a u-turn to walk down the opposite side. We make eye contact & I say
Me: hi (smile)
her: hi (she smiles but keeps walking & doing the u-turn down the aisle)
me: hey hey, slow down
she stops & I get really close to her.
me: hi i'm matt
her: hi matt, i'm _____ (forgot her name)
get a nice intimate handshake since we're so close to each other. She is holding strong EC w/ a broad smile so I decide to go for the direct PU. (probably a mistake)
me: are you single?
her: no i have a boyfriend.
me: lookin to upgrade?
her: what?
me: are you looking to upgrade?
her: oh (laugh) umm i am pretty happy with it.
I would have normally ejected but it seemd like she was into me so I figured I would just chat her up anyway. Turns out she was buying a bday present for her boyfriend's brother. She asked me for some suggestions & I gave her some. she asked what kind of music I was into & we had a nice little convo. She held strong EC the whole time & was all smiles. Good IOIs from this one. I wonder if the bf thing was just a lie due to my direct approach? I wish I would've chatted her up before asking if she was single. I won't go for the fast close anymore unless I absolutely have to (like w/ that cashier).
Last approach was a quick rejection. Looking around abercrombie at the mall & I see this crazy hot girl...HB9 looking. She is walking w/ some overweight herb-looking kid. He goes into the changing room & she is standing alone so I decided to approach.
me: hey (point towards change room) is that your brother in there?
her: my boyfriend
me: (suprised look) don't you want a better one?
her: no
I ejected quickly cause I got no IOI from her. Infact she backed up everytime I talked. I just walked closer everytime though. I forgot what I said after but it turns out she was only 16. I dont know wtf is up with all these 16 year olds. They looked older!
Anyway, no success closes but I was happy to realize that rejections don't hurt at all. Honestly it means nothing to me when a girl says no. However, I still want a good #close. Kinda pissed I didn't get one. I think maybe my standards are too high. I only like approaching girls that are really hot.
I met up with my wing at about 3:00pm & we decided to check out the university library first. When we got there we spotted a 2-set isolated in the back of the library doing their homework. I said hi & sat down next to HB8, my wing took a seat next to HB6.5 and we just started chatting them up. They were both friendly & receptive at the start, laughing & asking us questions also. I talked quietly w/ HB8 for a while at the start & was getting a pretty good vibe from her. Unfortunately I started running out of things to say so I leaned forward & started addressing the entire group (it was 4 chairs, i was on the outside, both girls on the inside, and my wing on the other side) & sort of playing off my wing. I don't think HB8 liked it very much tho, cause she stopped talking & went back to doing her homework. I couldn't get much out of her so I decided to throw out a c&f line
me: so, how does it feel talking to a bunch of handsome guys like us?
HB8: who said you're handsome?
me: my grandma tells me im handsome. would she lie?
HB8: grandmas always say that.
me: does your grandma tell you you're pretty?
hb8: yea
me: she must be lying.
her: (ignore & continues doing homework)
Definitely didn't work how I had hoped. C&f is a concept I think i understand but it's difficult to predict how it will be received. A little later, I accused them both of checking me out when I was walking around the library. They laughed but it wasn't enough to get HB8 open again. Anyway, after about 15 mins or so we decided to eject. I went for the #close on hb8 but she said she doesn't give her # to strangers. I challenged that & said that we both know each other. I said give me your email then, but she wouldn't do that either. Oh well. They were sorority girls anyway, so I'm sure they're approached pretty often.
We stopped at a few other stores but I didn't see any good opportunities. My wing made a few approaches at a shoestore but didn't try to close either of them. Next approach I did was at an arts & crafts store. I noticed the cashier when I first walked into the store. A really nice looking HB8.5. Wasn't sure how I should approach so I just grabbed a little $.99 pencil & got in line. When I got to the register this is what happened. One important thing I noticed during this convo is that she didn't break eye contact even once.
Me: Hi
Her: hi (nice smile)
me: what's your name?
her: rachel
me: how old are you, rachel?
her: 16
me: that's legal (****y smile)
her: (blank stare)
me: are you single rachel?
her: no
me: boyfriend or girlfriend?
her: boyfriend
me: don't you want a better one?
her: i'm all set
I looked over at the register & realized my debit card hadn't processed when i slid it thru before even saying hi to her. She didn't notice either so I guess I had her undivided attention during the convo. I asked & she said to try again. It worked this time & she asked to see my ID. I said "you just want to know my address, don't you?" and she smiled but that was all. This approach was probably too direct, but there was a line of people behind me & I didn't see any way to build any meaningful rapport in such a short amount of time.
Next approach was at a CD store. I see a nice looking girl from the back looking through some CDs. I didn't plan on approaching since I hadn't gotten a look at her face, but some encouragement from my wing got me going. Good thing, too, cause she looked great & turned into an HB8 on close up. Here's what happened.
She is at the end of the aisle & making a u-turn to walk down the opposite side. We make eye contact & I say
Me: hi (smile)
her: hi (she smiles but keeps walking & doing the u-turn down the aisle)
me: hey hey, slow down
she stops & I get really close to her.
me: hi i'm matt
her: hi matt, i'm _____ (forgot her name)
get a nice intimate handshake since we're so close to each other. She is holding strong EC w/ a broad smile so I decide to go for the direct PU. (probably a mistake)
me: are you single?
her: no i have a boyfriend.
me: lookin to upgrade?
her: what?
me: are you looking to upgrade?
her: oh (laugh) umm i am pretty happy with it.
I would have normally ejected but it seemd like she was into me so I figured I would just chat her up anyway. Turns out she was buying a bday present for her boyfriend's brother. She asked me for some suggestions & I gave her some. she asked what kind of music I was into & we had a nice little convo. She held strong EC the whole time & was all smiles. Good IOIs from this one. I wonder if the bf thing was just a lie due to my direct approach? I wish I would've chatted her up before asking if she was single. I won't go for the fast close anymore unless I absolutely have to (like w/ that cashier).
Last approach was a quick rejection. Looking around abercrombie at the mall & I see this crazy hot girl...HB9 looking. She is walking w/ some overweight herb-looking kid. He goes into the changing room & she is standing alone so I decided to approach.
me: hey (point towards change room) is that your brother in there?
her: my boyfriend
me: (suprised look) don't you want a better one?
her: no
I ejected quickly cause I got no IOI from her. Infact she backed up everytime I talked. I just walked closer everytime though. I forgot what I said after but it turns out she was only 16. I dont know wtf is up with all these 16 year olds. They looked older!
Anyway, no success closes but I was happy to realize that rejections don't hurt at all. Honestly it means nothing to me when a girl says no. However, I still want a good #close. Kinda pissed I didn't get one. I think maybe my standards are too high. I only like approaching girls that are really hot.
Last edited: