"She Laughed All Night. Then She Ghosted You. Here's Why."

Dinner ran three hours. She laughed at everything. You walked her to her car thinking this one's locked in.

Then: nothing. Two texts. No reply. What happened?

You did what most men do on a great date. You filled every silence, answered every question, and left her with nothing to wonder about. No mystery. Nothing to sit with when she got home.

Rule 3 of the "22 Rules" changes the ending: tell her a little, hold back the rest, and let her imagination do the chasing. The ghosting stops too.

Read more...

A few Generals

ConfusedEKC

Don Juan
Joined
May 4, 2003
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
I've got a few general questions for you...

I've known this girl for a while, never really been friends with her, but I had a 2 hour conversation with her the other night... after the convo, I decided to ask her out.
She agreed... but about an hour before the date she called and said her 'friend' wanted to come as well... The friend happened to be her best male friend, who happens to be an aqauitance of mine.
Anyway, we had dinner, I pretended like I didn't care she brought the friend along (and the friend and I actually got along.) We had a few beers, and ended up at her place, with the friend...
I kinda feel like the best friend was their as a chaperone of sorts.
What do you think?

Was the chick just scared of a first date... Didn't want anything to happen? What's the deal?
What should I do from here? I want to ask her out again, but I'm 27 years old, I don't need a chaperone?

Sorry if this post doesn't make sense, I'm a little drunk. Any help you can give me is appreciated.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Hubris

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 10, 2004
Messages
68
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Location
Canada, Near TO
I wouldn't worry too much about it. As long as you and the girl had a good time, no worries.

You can use the chaparon thing to your advantage as a joke when you call her for a second date.

I say your fine. Girls are strange, don't read too much into things you can't figure out anyway.
 

OddTech

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 6, 2002
Messages
464
Reaction score
0
Location
Boston, MA
If you still like her, make another date. Eventually, you are going to draw the line and tell her that this chaperon isn't invited. If the next date he is invited again, then it's telling you that you're starting to get into this "friendzone" or she's not comfortable with you yet (which isn't that great to begin with).

Make a point to see her *only*. She'll get the message. Good luck man.
 

DJ Alejandro

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2001
Messages
494
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Southern Philippines
dont let it get to ya too much. maybe she just wasn't that comfortable yet. at least she was honest. eventually, get her IL increased even more and the chaperone will fade away.

just a thought: why dont u bring someone for the chaperone? i mean, you could get your friend to get you two lovebirds alone for a little while.
 
Top