A few Generals

ConfusedEKC

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've got a few general questions for you...

I've known this girl for a while, never really been friends with her, but I had a 2 hour conversation with her the other night... after the convo, I decided to ask her out.
She agreed... but about an hour before the date she called and said her 'friend' wanted to come as well... The friend happened to be her best male friend, who happens to be an aqauitance of mine.
Anyway, we had dinner, I pretended like I didn't care she brought the friend along (and the friend and I actually got along.) We had a few beers, and ended up at her place, with the friend...
I kinda feel like the best friend was their as a chaperone of sorts.
What do you think?

Was the chick just scared of a first date... Didn't want anything to happen? What's the deal?
What should I do from here? I want to ask her out again, but I'm 27 years old, I don't need a chaperone?

Sorry if this post doesn't make sense, I'm a little drunk. Any help you can give me is appreciated.

Hubris

Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry too much about it. As long as you and the girl had a good time, no worries.

You can use the chaparon thing to your advantage as a joke when you call her for a second date.

I say your fine. Girls are strange, don't read too much into things you can't figure out anyway.

OddTech

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you still like her, make another date. Eventually, you are going to draw the line and tell her that this chaperon isn't invited. If the next date he is invited again, then it's telling you that you're starting to get into this "friendzone" or she's not comfortable with you yet (which isn't that great to begin with).

Make a point to see her *only*. She'll get the message. Good luck man.

DJ Alejandro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
dont let it get to ya too much. maybe she just wasn't that comfortable yet. at least she was honest. eventually, get her IL increased even more and the chaperone will fade away.

just a thought: why dont u bring someone for the chaperone? i mean, you could get your friend to get you two lovebirds alone for a little while.