Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

a contradiction in pooks works "be a man"&"be the prize"

Reaction score
I
guess your time is valuable and i respect that so i will try to make it as short as possible. AS you can see im one of the Sosuave guys :)... anywya i have to thank you for giving me the support i needed when I was trying to just be myself and get the women with no "game plan"

Reading your work was essential for me to find my "true"/"higher" self, but away with the glorifications and right to the point.

I 100% agree that it is our(boys) purpose on this earth to become men.
And i also agree that the focus must always be on your happiness.

But here comes the contradiction. I believe a man is someone who knows what he wants, is happy with himself and does whatever he wishes. A man TAKES what he wants, which means he must take the woman.

NOw i belive the moment you approach or start talking to a woman you cannot be the prize(to her, and unless she already wants you bad enough for your looks, eyecontact and energy alone)
You are the man, you pick the woman you want and you approach her, while making yourself truly vulnerable. And the degree of vulnerability you can show pretty much determins how manly you are.
(the more power you give her to reject you, the more powerful you will be)

I think you need to be honest with your desires from early on and let her know you want to give and recieve something from her. It seems almost like a trade, you give her sex, she gives you sex.
Ofcourse your beliefs have to be solid, to think you can give her something she cannot get.

And whlie talking to her you can believe you are the great catch, try to see if she fits you by asking questions but...

People often times are too afraid to open themselves up because they are afraid.. afraid of themselves.

So you need to be the man again and forget about being the prize and reveal your true self( this includes your shortcomings when neccecery)

Only then will others truly open themselves up and reaveal what they are " all about "

I belive anti-dump machine has got many things correct, but you can never get to know people on a deep level unless you are willing to give up "your prize" and make yourself vulnerable

advice needed please.
This has been bugging me for a while... you cannot be the prize and a true man at the same time because a true man does what ever is needed to get the woman he is interested in.

Atleast he should get the woman to open her true self to her, to see if she is really worth dating. But that can be very hard to do from a perspective that I AM THE PRIZE.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
just another newb?? said:
I

This has been bugging me for a while... you cannot be the prize and a true man at the same time because a true man does what ever is needed to get the woman he is interested in.

Atleast he should get the woman to open her true self to her, to see if she is really worth dating. But that can be very hard to do from a perspective that I AM THE PRIZE.
I look at it as another way.

Being the prize and being the man is exactly same thing to me.

Look at Pook's be a man post. I'll post his characteristics.

A Man,

-Does not go through life walking on eggshells.

Nice Guys think, "Does she like me? How do I get her to like me?" Good guys think, "Should I like her? Should I go for her?" The Good guy doesn't think about the girl's interest until they're dating. The Good guy looks at all the girls and TAKES what he wants.

-Focuses on his dreams.

No, this does not include the chick. You must have passion for something in life, something you even want to do for the rest of your life. Your romantic life is an echo of your regular life.

-Does not apologize for his testosterone, for his desires.

"Oh, I am so sorry, ladies! I am afflicted with this disease known as M.A.L.E. It is natural for me to glance at you, your oh so curvaceous body. I am soooo sorry. Please, please FORGIVE ME!"

Would a WOMAN apologize for her feminine acts? So why should YOU apologize for your masculinity?

-Tries to always win in what he does. (After childhood, there are real winners and losers in life.)

Men build towers; women build webs. If you aren't constructing your tower or aren't even planning it, why should she cast her web at you? If you want worthy chicks, you, yourself, must strive to become worthy.

-Has deep convictions that allows him to be a possible leader.

This is crucial because one day you will become the leader of your own household. Yes, we talk of 50/50, of everything being equal, but Nature's laws surpass that of Humans. Women naturally submit and nurture, Men naturally lead and provide.

If you were a woman, would YOU want a Nice Guy in charge of your household? Or would you want A MAN?

-Seeks to solve problems then to place blame.

If there is a problem, you solve it. You do not go, "Oh, BOO HOO! This was because of HIM." A woman naturally wants a guy who deals with problems, not pass them along. (Would you want that in your woman? Of course not!)

-Sees failure as only a temporary set-back to the inevitable.

Statistically, you're more likely to be REJECTED then to be ACCEPTED. So how do you become more and more accepted and have lots of girls? It is when you increase your trying so much that the acception rate satisfies you and you don't notice the rejections.

Napoleon Hill's book interviewing extremely successful people, these men of destiny did not let failure destroy them. Indeed, Napoleon concludes that Destiny puts out these trials and failures to TEST the men if they are proper and FIT for their role in shaping history.

-Knows where he is going in Life.

True seduction isn't calculation or painful discipline, it is the same as with everything that makes a success: A Passion for Life.

-Never loses his passion, for that would be the death of his soul.

Nice Guys HATE bachelorhood. They HATE, HATE, HATE it sooo much. Some even wish for the old days of arranged marriages so they wouldn't have to put up with all the games.

Jerks LOVE bachelorhood so much they can't see anything else in life. While women love guys that can get women, jerks offer nothing worthwile long term wise.

Alas, the women always try to change the Jerk but never the Nice Guy. Why? Because a Man is STRENGTH and a Jerk displays strength on some level. Nice Guys never do.

-Never feels he has to prove himself to anyone.

Flowers, candy, poetry all can be good additions to a relationship, but so many nice guys use them to BUY the relationship as if they must prove themselves. They flood with the poor woman with gifts to show they mean it.
This is the reason why the original post of "Be a Man" has both being a true man AND the prize mentality. They are both one in the same.

YOU on the other hand, put being a true man as just going after women. When in reality look at the prince, he would never go after a girl for a long period of time because he has more women. Being a Man and the prize is one in the same.

I hope that helped.

comic_relief

Reaction score
well i never said i am putting being a true man just going after women. :D

But i believe the prince is not only interested in scoring with all sorts of women. NO the prince probably wants the "right one" for his kingdom.

and you can never know the true nature of the woman if you keep playing it super cold, not opening yourself and letting her do all the job. infact... she will feel to intimidated to open up because of your value so high.( and that is why you will never find out "what wood" she is.

YOu will not simply find the right woman to run your kingdom with you, because most probably the woman going after the kingdom are just trying to manipulate you, by behaving as they need to get to be the queen.

Yes the prince will weed them all out and even if you weed someone out of all these girls you will still have been manipulated because the girl came after you with a purpose, she might not even want you, but only your kingdom.

Besides... with no effort on your side you will really have to be from the royal family for the 100% I am the prize mentality to work.

A king does not need to consider him self the prize... he just makes sure his interests are being met.

jtrain 289

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A true man wouldnt do anythign to get a women he is interested in A t5rue men has better things to do like conquer worlds than focus on a stupid *****. Even people that erant true men dot do anythign to get a women. The people that do speed seducers end up being miserable and depressed because they dont feel good after ****ing a women and getting her.

jtrain 289

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
to want a woman is natural its like wanting food. Your nto suppossed to have to work to get women thats want thing i found at getting a women is supposed to be as easy as eating sleeping and taking a crap its just a natural process like everything else. And eating sleeping and taking a crap is not all we base our life on just like getting a women is not all we base our life on. Women especially feminsts are just trying to cover up the fact that its natural and say it is based on true love well that is bull****. Its i dare say 100% nature a women that doesnt yeild to a mns desire is not being a women thus a man wouldnt want her in the first place. A man will admitt that he would **** her but a man will not **** her in exchange for his desires like his hobbies and ****. just like you wouldnt give up your dreams for food. real men dont even need women they just want the pleasure we can also get that by jerking off.

jtrain 289

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If men really were focused on women. Then you wouldnt here stories about men still being depressed after they are married and how baiscally every man complains about how they got married and how they have no fun now. Just like you would get bored if all you di was eat food. Men are call to a much higher purpose than Women. Pook cannot be contradicted i try to prove him wrong buts almost like prove 1 plus 1 equals two is wrong he bases all his writings purely on nature

Bvbidd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Real Men jerk off? Uh no.

Real men will do anything he can to get a women and then get them he will.

jtrain 289

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
lol um yea real men will jerk off if it means you have to give up your soul to get a women( act like your something your not) try to be ****y and funny when being yourself will atumatically make you ****y and funny initiating kino when you wanna touch her already ) lol real men will not hide their desire for women but they will not exchange their happiness for something thats uspposed to come your not supposed to work for it. I wouldnt be suprised if real men jerked off 10x as much as wimps after i finsh jerking off i feel like i can do anything im not afraid to take risks i feel on top of the world.

jtrain 289

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
this will answer your question for sure its like he knew people would get these things mixed up.
Eliminate Desire Or Not?
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=34508
I replied to this a long time ago and it used to be in the archive. I guess, now, that since it isn't, the question comes up again.
Quote:
Originally posted by DjDreamer The guy that wrote "embrace your sexuality", is the same guy that wrote "kill that desperation". The auther is Pook. His excellent rhetoric provides camouflage for his contradicton. It's not possible to be horny and not needy at the same time (unless of course you're a "think about sex and have no sex"-sexual)
Some people ask, "Why does Pook hammer the same points again and again?" just read the above. There is no contradiction. Keep in mind also that the time between those two posts was YEARS. I'm a bit wiser now but the same principle applies. Look at it like this: Years ago, when I first came to this forum, I was a Nice Guy. How am I going to get the women? One thing I said back then was KINOING. I said it because IT WORKED. I said, "Kinoing turns you into a SEXUAL BEING to her. If you do NOT kino her, she will see you sexually as a mannequin. Why? Because mannequins do not initiate kino." Years later... I do not kino a chick, certainly not on dates at first. "Contradiction! Pook is contradicted!" What you're forgetting is that after years, I am no longer that old Nice Guy. The Nice Guy comes across to the woman as BORING and sexually a zero. Nice Guys also seem safe. So when I started kinoing and stuff, I got an INSTANT REACTION from her. Why, all of a sudden I am a Sexual Being! One difference from those old Nice Guy days is that I've gained 30 + pounds of muscle mass, dress better, talk better, more confidant, etc. I am ALREADY a Sexual Being. If I start kinoing a girl now, I will be seen as coming on too strong and too desperate. This is why I now agree wtih Anti-Dump in that archived thread. I'm not FOR or AGAINST kino. I also wouldn't recommend Nice Guys to act like how I am now. So now I disregard talking about kino or 'how you say things' and just talk about sexuality. I'm already a sexual being now, there is no need for me to kino a girl. She will know I'm a sexual being already. I do not need to touch her. 88
But the Nice Guy needs to embrace his sexuality. He is a sexual dud. You need to LOOK, ACT, and THINK like a guy. If I put up a 'Sexuality' scale, some guys would be at LOW sexuality (Nice Guys) while some guys would be at the HIGHER end. I honestly can't say the specifics of how one should act or say to a girl because everyone is different points on this scale. For the Nice Guy, kinoing goes a long way. But for me now, it is overkill. The 'DESIRELESS' is to be NOT NEEDY. You WANT her but do not NEED her. It is a big difference. DESPERATE guys need a girl to 'complete themselves' to 'make themselves feel happy'. I say these guys got it BACKWARD. They ought to complete themselves and make themselves happy THEN go for the chicks. Live. Laugh. Love. Notice the order? Get your life together, make yourself happy, THEN go for the chicks. (Some people complain that it is work. Well, what is the point of having a girlfriend or a fleet of women if you have no direction in life and chronically melancholy? Defeats the purpose. Women are to enhance your life. FOOLS think the women will DEFINE their life.) I think 90% of all the problems on this board is because they MIX UP the order.
I hope you get it now.

Reaction score
unfortunately you all went off course.. :(
Hey i am a huge fan of self-improvement and i have given up reading davidD Mystery method or anything like this almost a year ago.

yes i believe its our duty here as boys to become men.

and this is the contradiction in my world... a man is someone who is active
a man is someone who chooses what he wants to do
a man is someone who has his life together
a man is someone who also cares for others and the list goes on

my definition of a prize would be someone who decides when and what is going to happen in the relationship.

A matter of fact is that in this world people might not instantly recognise you as the great prize by the way you walk or make eyecontact, energy etc.

IF you were a true prize you would just sit relax and let people(also the women) do all the work for you.

and when this happens YOU HAVE BECOME PASSIVE, you no longer go for what you want, you become so secure in your own little world thinking you are the prize that you no longer take risks.

THe prize theory is very good and right, but you can take everything to the extremes and that is no longer good.

When my I had a playstation when i was 10 I was so happy playing on it, but one day i realized that it was way more fun to call my friends over and share the experience.

You are the great prize indeed, but dont deny other people the pleasure of receiveing that prize.

and yes it is all about becoming the way nature intended you to be.
AS pook himself said:To be a man is to want, and to be woman is to be wanted

keep that last line in mind when thinking you are the great prize.