Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

A Better Workout Plan

anonymous12345

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I need a better workout plan.

Currently I have three workouts: run 1 hour per week, 2-3 upper body workouts, one abs workout.

Upper body workout (currently):
  • Push ups (50x4)
  • pull ups (12x4)
  • Bench (8x4@55 kg)
  • Over the shoulder (20x4@10 kg). (from neutral to straight up arms with curls).
Abs workout:
  • Plank (60s x3)
  • Russian twist (60x3@10kg)
  • Mountain climber (60s x3)
  • Bicycle crunch (60s x 3).
Focuses:
  • I want to re-add squats (currently 90 kg) and dead lifts (I do 8x4@90 kg) into a program, primarily for the hormonal effects @BackInTheGame78 talks about and secondary calorie burns
  • I workout 4-5 times a week, typically 4
  • I do upper body for aesthetics, it could be a good idea to have two different programs with different exercises.
Any ideas for a better plan? I have started tracking using the iOS app "Strong", have a trial month, it seems ok.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I need a better workout plan.

Currently I have three workouts: run 1 hour per week, 2-3 upper body workouts, one abs workout.

Upper body workout (currently):
  • Push ups (50x4)
  • pull ups (12x4)
  • Bench (8x4@55 kg)
  • Over the shoulder (20x4@10 kg). (from neutral to straight up arms with curls).
Abs workout:
  • Plank (60s x3)
  • Russian twist (60x3@10kg)
  • Mountain climber (60s x3)
  • Bicycle crunch (60s x 3).
Focuses:
  • I want to re-add squats (currently 90 kg) and dead lifts (I do 8x4@90 kg) into a program, primarily for the hormonal effects @BackInTheGame78 talks about and secondary calorie burns
  • I workout 4-5 times a week, typically 4
  • I do upper body for aesthetics, it could be a good idea to have two different programs with different exercises.
Any ideas for a better plan? I have started tracking using the iOS app "Strong", have a trial month, it seems ok.
Look into stronglifts 5x5

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My go to split it is basically strong lifts / starting strength as a hybrid

A:
Barbell Squat 3X5
Overhead Press 3X5
Deadlift (1X5) / Weighted Chin Ups 3X5

B:
Barbell Squat 3X5
Bench Press 3X5
Pendlay Row 3X5

Just do A-B-A-B, with at least 48 hours rest between workouts. I alternate deadlifts and weighted chins on A workouts (so deadlift every other A). Deadlifts are overly taxing at a certain point and the other exercises are assessory that increase your deadlift anyway.

I have a separate cardio split for the warm months but start with that for 3-5 months or so.

anonymous12345

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I did my first StrongLifts workout today, using their app. It was ok. That guy surely knows more and me, and it's a relief to have someone else pace/design the advancements of my lifts instead of my own voodoo-stuff.

Some complain that StrongLifts is not good for aesthetics. I have no intentions to be "strong" or be a "body builder", I don't give a ****, I just wanna look good. Athletic, well-shaped, and so on. I don't think many heavy lifters look good, they look like one put a large stone on a truck or something, and they've sunken down. Some also say it's a lot of leg focus.

Is there some program that is better for aesthetics than StrongLifts? Or is StrongLifts good for that? It's after all classic exercises.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some complain that StrongLifts is not good for aesthetics. I have no intentions to be "strong" or be a "body builder", I don't give a ****, I just wanna look good. Athletic, well-shaped, and so on. I don't think many heavy lifters look good, they look like one put a large stone on a truck or something, and they've sunken down. Some also say it's a lot of leg focus.

Is there some program that is better for aesthetics than StrongLifts? Or is StrongLifts good for that? It's after all classic exercises.
Stronglifts is good for aesthetics. Only tweak o suggest is incorporating some chin ups, like in the plan I laid out above. Chin ups double up on the arm and back development.

Conventional “wisdom” on what looks good aesthetically is based off splits used by steroid-abusing fitness models. A natural athlete will never achieve those aesthetics.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Conventional “wisdom” on what looks good aesthetically is based off splits used by steroid-abusing fitness models. A natural athlete will never achieve those aesthetics.
Even with steroids, it's hard to look like fitness tik tok fvck boy influencers. It takes serious dedication to calorie tracking, and training... and also genetics. I tend to believe that most of those guys were the hard-gainer skinny fvcks at some point. Easier for them to eat to gain muscle, without storing fat.