Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

A '90210'

sambwoy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I looked this up on Urban Dictionary after it was mentioned on a previous thread I made.

Do some girls' expectations of men and their view of life and who they choose for their cliques really come from what they watch?

I complained in the past on another board that girls' indoctinated by television were to blame for why your average guy can't get a woman, then in response I got a load of posts suggesting I was just finding 'something to blame'.

Is it just me, or are they wrong? Do many girls have unrealistic expectations due to TV?

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
sambwoy said:
I looked this up on Urban Dictionary after it was mentioned on a previous thread I made.

Do some girls' expectations of men and their view of life and who they choose for their cliques really come from what they watch?

I complained in the past on another board that girls' indoctinated by television were to blame for why your average guy can't get a woman, then in response I got a load of posts suggesting I was just finding 'something to blame'.

Is it just me, or are they wrong? Do many girls have unrealistic expectations due to TV?
You are correct.

HyperAnalyze

Don Juan
Reaction score
90210 is nothing but women with entitlement issues, absolute filth.

The media, social conditioning and environmental issues are to blame.

sambwoy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Never seen the show (or the original series), but I feel the definition on Urban Dictionary could be applicable to many things. Just interchange the name of whatever media they're watching.

It's all very well to say just turn off your TV and allow yourself to be humbled, but most people do watch TV. I still acknowledge that many men without the looks in daily life could be just drones having to put up with their crappy job and girls are just a hope, nothing more. Or it may seem like that if those guys are only waiting on the 'hot' ones?

sambwoy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I knew girls who marked a stranger down because of his looks, be it bus driver, or road/construction worker....like they expect every man to look like Channing Tatum. Okay, maybe only younger chicks do this. I cannot process this kind of behaviour. What is someone like me supposed to do? Do I have to lower my expectations in life so much as this whole looks business is so skewed?

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What women find attractive is often influenced by the media.

For example, George Clooney grows a beard and suddenly bearded guys become hot.

DragonBlood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree, but not only TV. Social media gives them many options. Probably gives active feedback to this self-image to at least 25 or so when it might of died in their teens as a dream. I dont have much experience with girls over 25 but seeing as the population split is 50/50 I would imagine they get more serious about just finding any man they can as the beauty fades.

All their facebook/twitter orbitors make them feel just like the celebs they read about and watch. Most orbitors will disappear once they are actually getting laid by someone but its pretty easy to buy into the celeb fantasy if you put a few picks up of your night out with the girls on facebook knowing a bunch of people will comment on it.

I dont believe for a second the guys are holding out for the 'hot' ones. They will worship them but dont tell me they wont take what they can get. Theres seems to be a disconnect between what the woman perceives is happening (I must be special TV says so and I have the followers/drunk texts to prove it) and what is actually happening with the man (Im hungry and shopping around, hot anything is a plus)

sambwoy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dust 2 Dust said:

For example, George Clooney grows a beard and suddenly bearded guys become hot.
I was told once the shallow ones love drama and excitement.
Sensitive things going on in real peoples' lives is entertainment to them, I get the feeling that they treat them like its celebrity gossip.
I suspect this goes on. I've been chronically single, nearly 27. When I was in college, I was so desperately depressed because of these people.
Maybe its me, with such low expectations and a bad outlook on life and all, but I'm not playing the blame game here.

sambwoy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dust 2 Dust said:
And/or their cliques, if they have the misfortune to be involved with such girls and won't decide for themselves.