Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

70% of World Population Could Get Corona Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When Obama did it, it was called "genius" and "visionary".

When Trump did it, it was called "terrifying" and "dystonian"
Reminds me of the Kennedy-Nixon debates. It's been said Kennedy took advantage of the new medium (television), and Nixon didn't.

As for the main stream media, Fox is conservative and pretty much all the other news networks are liberal.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1% is actually a ridiculous amount of people. The problem is the speed which infection spreads, a very large amount of people becoming infected around the same time may overload hospitals. 1% of such a large number of simultaneously infected people can easily cause huge problem.

It is too early to have any sort of reliable statistics though, numbers will most likely change.

My country is basically shutting down (not from Italy), not to prevent the spread completely, just to slow it down as not to overload hospitals by many people being seriously ill.

1% is every 100th person, or 10000 per million people. It's not trivial for infrastructures. Hopefully it's less though, most likely it will end up being lower.
Please forgive the utter stupidity of my fellow Americans as displayed in this thread. Millions of us are about to die, and instead of preparing, we are denying the problem and blaming each other. It is our own collective foolishness that will be our undoing more so than a virus.

Covid 19 causes pneumonia, and the patient requires an icu bed with a ventilator. Without the ventilator, the mortality is nearly 100%. The death rate stats we see are assuming the patient gets medical care. But we don't have nearly enough space, staff, and equipment to treat everyone. As soon as we surpass capacity in our healthcare system, everything falls apart.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Please forgive the utter stupidity of my fellow Americans as displayed in this thread. Millions of us are about to die, and instead of preparing, we are denying the problem and blaming each other. It is our own collective foolishness that will be our undoing more so than a virus.

Covid 19 causes pneumonia, and the patient requires an icu bed with a ventilator. Without the ventilator, the mortality is nearly 100%. The death rate stats we see are assuming the patient gets medical care. But we don't have nearly enough space, staff, and equipment to treat everyone. As soon as we surpass capacity in our healthcare system, everything falls apart.
You really need to stop passing incorrect information. The majority of people who catch it and have a healthy immune system will be fine and may not even notice the symptoms. While there is a chance in catching pneumonia, it generally understood that would only happen to immunocompromised persons who have some sort of major lung or respiratory disease (COPD, Cancer, ETC). Just because someone has pneumonia, doesn't mean they will need to be put on a respirator or need to be in ICU either. I've had several bouts with pneumonia over the years, both viral and bacteria. Bed rest, fluids and proper nutrition are the key.

Respectfully, stop with the unnecessary worst case scenario drama in this post about COVID-19. And yes, I can state this from front-line knowledge and experience. Just stop it.

Billtx49

Reaction score
You really need to stop passing incorrect information. The majority of people who catch it and have a healthy immune system will be fine and may not even notice the symptoms. While there is a chance in catching pneumonia, it generally understood that would only happen to immunocompromised persons who have some sort of major lung or respiratory disease (COPD, Cancer, ETC). Just because someone has pneumonia, doesn't mean they will need to be put on a respirator or need to be in ICU either. I've had several bouts with pneumonia over the years, both viral and bacteria. Bed rest, fluids and proper nutrition are the key.

Respectfully, stop with the unnecessary worst case scenario drama in this post about COVID-19. And yes, I can state this from front-line knowledge and experience. Just stop it.
Newsflash, Liberals want to create panic about it then blame it on an incumbent President in an election year. He’s only following the party propaganda mantra.

It’s dangerous advice to spread on social media, forums, etc. though, so thread
Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.