27 and nothing

BigDawg

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by chancer357
Its very hard to believe that sometimes..

Counselors basically just are telling me to go talk to people. Its essentially "just do it" advice which does not help me. Its just doing it that I can't find out to do. Everytime I try I just feel that I am doing something wrong.
Maybe you do feel awkward, but as the saying goes, "Practice makes perfect." Besides, are you waiting for some major change of fate in hopes that it will change your life for the better? Chances are, you aren't going to get one. You'll have to enact the changes yourself.

Why can't you carry out these suggestions? Are you paralyzed by fear of failure? So what if you make a mistake! It's not the end of the world, and you're likely to learn something from it in the process. Lamenting your current state is not going to change it. Doing something positive will.

DonRob

Don Juan
Reaction score
Its very hard to believe that sometimes..

I've been trying to use online dating things and I *still* can't get people to even respond to me. It doesn't exactly help you build any confidence.

I've thought about using some of those services that help you write a profile, and get you photographs that are good and the somehow advise you on the phone. It costs like $500 or so get all that. (I know people write alot of online dating profile stuff on here. I'm just not comfortable trying to flirt and seem exciting. Its not me at all.) Maybe I would get someone to write back, if I was really lucky maybe they would have coffee and not run away. It might not even work at all either.

Trying to talk to someone I don't know in person is just not something I can do. I really just can not see that changing. I try to do little things to change it, but it just doesn't work for me. Most of the time I'm just too uncomfortable and embarrassed to even try to talk to cashiers and stuff. I just feel like I am bothering people.

Counselors basically just are telling me to go talk to people. Its essentially "just do it" advice which does not help me. Its just doing it that I can't find out to do. Everytime I try I just feel that I am doing something wrong.

Well, why dont you just cut your balls off and get it over with then..... you already act like a pansy assed byach anyway.

You are weak mentally.... and your line about being uncomfortable about speaking in public is TOTAL bul ****.

Here is a clue for you .....

Women do NOT give a rats ass what you or any other man thinks, feels or wants at the very outset of the whole sexual dance. What they care about, the ONLY thing they care about is HOW THEY FEEL. Specifically how they FEEL about you in terms of sexual interest. When you strip away all the BULL thats what it comes down to! The job of any man when he approaches a woman, wether he knows it conciously or not is to make the woman FEEL attraction. It doesn't matter wether you do it in person (MUCH EASIER) or through the personals.

This is a waste of information to you becuase you think you can cut corners and that because you are a big freaking WIMP that you dont have to do what every other man has to do. Freaking grow some nads or get castrated cause what you're doing now is NEVER going to work. Suck it up and move out of your comfort zone and quit using your "Im a *****" excuse. That or shut up

chancer357

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BigDawg

Why can't you carry out these suggestions? Are you paralyzed by fear of failure? So what if you make a mistake! It's not the end of the world,
Pretty much. I understand logically why these suggestions should (technically) work, but when it comes to doing it; its like there is a wall there. I look for some kind indication that maybe I would succeed but all I can see are reasons why I would fail, because thats all I've ever seen.

I know that its not a big deal and everyone probably fails. But when I'm in or near the situation it really does seem like the end of the world to me. Even though I know better, I am just overwhelmed; my mind flooded by every memory of when I tried and failed, and thoughts of failing again.

Thats why I feel like if maybe I got some kind of indication from a girl that she wasn't repulsed or annoyed by me that maybe it would be enough to go through with something. Maybe I could somehow use that tiny piece of something posative to fight the hoard of negative thoughts.

Golden Arms

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I know that its not a big deal and everyone probably fails. But when I'm in or near the situation it really does seem like the end of the world to me. Even though I know better, I am just overwhelmed; my mind flooded by every memory of when I tried and failed, and thoughts of failing again.
How many times have you "tried and failed", chancer ? When was the last time you were rejected ?

BigDawg

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Stormbringer
Trying something that doesn't work over and over will yield you the same results each time.
That's the definition of insanity. Doing something over and over again and expecting a different outcome. :)

Barbillus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys:

Chancer is a forum troll.

You are only contributing to Chancer's forum ego by continuing to reply to this thread.

chancer357

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Golden Arms
How many times have you "tried and failed", chancer ? When was the last time you were rejected ?
I don't know... I never get to a point where I can talk to someone so its hard to count that.

Golden Arms

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know... I never get to a point where I can talk to someone so its hard to count that.
you stated in your earlier post "my mind flooded by every memory of when I tried and failed, and thoughts of failing again. "

in this post, you seem to be contradicting yourself, wouldn't you say ?

DJHoolahoop

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ok true as it may be guys, i wonder what would drive a man to continue grabbing replies from a post that has gone on for a YEAR already. Seriously who would do that? Is this how people respond to people who have a reality conflict?

Take a LOT of people out there, this guy isn't the only one who will take advice and STILL find thing to back up not taking action.

Look at people who go to therapy for 15+ years (like my sister) and I'll tell you now that NOTHING WILL EVER CHANGE! She will go there until the guy passes away, I'm dead seroius. Yes that sounds morbid and sick, but there's no motivation nor want to get out and do ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

She complains about her life and yet takes NO STEPS to change it. Why? Because her life, mind and reality is based around what's there. The fact that she has no success in those areas, that she intentionally looks out at the world to back up those beliefs, is what creates the problem.

I find all too often that it's not another persons fault for not knowing how to help you. That they may or may not have been in your situation or frame of mind so they can't help you get out of it. To them they can try all they want, but you can still refuse to budge.

Personally I know too of what this is like as I as well have gone against myself. Have both believed and disbelieved in myself. That I am attractive, what women want in a guy and so on, but at the same time fail to get success BECAUSE I don't think it's possible.

So then, how is one supposed to get out of situations like this? Where you believe and contradict those beliefs? A man I find has helped me realize this sort of thing was David DeAngelo, he has helped me so much in getting out of this mindset. Others may refute his advice, but for me I feel that he has helped completely change around my life.

He recommends many books that help you identify what you're doing to yourself and therefore allow yourself to be able to see what you're doing wrong so you can get out of it.

I'd really recommend his material and not just his DYD stuff, but his other materials like Mastery and his ebooks.

Other than that man, if this doesn't at least help you to seek out more knowledge and understanding. I'm really going to say that you too must be like so many others out there that seek out validation and understanding from others. In that you complain and talk about your problems in the expectation that others will relate or agree with your problems. So you feel like "yeah, see its not just me" or "yeah, the world is against me" and look to hear the all too familiar "I understand, it's how I'd feel or do in your situation". Stop BS'ing yourself if that's the case.

Remember that you can only do so much for yourself appearance wise. Meaning sure you can get new clothes, take care of your body (working out, tanning and using skin products) and wearing various accessories. But if you DON'T accept yourself as being attractive or feeling happy about yourself, then right there you will project it subconsciously and people will pick up on it. You can FEEL bad about yourself and feel sorry that you think you're not attractive like a model, but you can't change that. You really need to feel better about yourself. For that I'd recommend Pyscho-Cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz, older material but it explains this better.

So other than that man you're jsut fishing for understanding and pity, for that I worry you'd ever be able to help yourself or if you really did want to change. Some people just get addicted to that quick rush and uplifting feeling of getting people feeling sorry for you. Don't be that person.

billionthloser

Reaction score
the donhuanic oblomov

dear chancer

i am in the same situation with u,come to turkey,lets try keep losing by doing some honorable actions,i have a richness came from my family as well ,so transportation in the city wouldnt make any problem HELP ME CHANCER! YOU ARE MY ONLY ****ÝN CHANCE!

chancer357

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Golden Arms
you stated in your earlier post "my mind flooded by every memory of when I tried and failed, and thoughts of failing again. "

in this post, you seem to be contradicting yourself, wouldn't you say ?
I remember all the times I've gone to bars and sat there alone because I couldn't talk with anyone.

I remember all the times I was left out of everything or made fun of when I was younger in school.

I remember the one time I did try to ask a girl out and she just laughed at me out loud.

I remember the one time someone tried to set me up on a blind date and the other person would not even look at me or speak to me.

I think of all the times I've tried to do something else but and just overcome with feelings of hopelessness. So I'll end up feeling like I failed to change again. I think that I can't even do basic things like meeting people when I see people all around me who can.

Mostly I think of all times I went outside somewhere and thought maybe today something will be different and I'll talk to someone, or maybe I'll smile and it doesn't happen.

Thats part of what I meant.

Sometimes I start out feeling a little more posative, but as soon as I catch a glimpse of myself I just immediately feel down about everything.

And its not that I'm fishing for pity like some people have suggested. I just literally have nothing else to do, so every now and then I answer direct questions people asked.

Barbillus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Chancer you are pathetic, stop forum trolling and get a life.

I can't decide which thread should win the "SoSuave thread that should of been closed months ago award," this one or the masturbation discussion in the archive...

chancer357

Don Juan
Reaction score
ivyleeger, don't click on the thread if you don't want to read it. Noone is forcing you to.

Robbie

Don Juan
Reaction score
I could see this thread serving as the basis of someone's dissertation, as birty alludes to, in that it is very interesting and many elements of it pertain to a lot of us in some way or another.

For the people who want to "shut this post down." You don't have to try to see things from another perspective and start thinking about this differently, you know, but in the process of looking for help, chancer has elicited some really great feedback that you might find yourself appreciating, in light of the fact that MANY people, and maybe even you - yourself, came to this forum feeling a bit down and unconfident, perhaps even questioning your own ability to meet and attract women. As long as this thread persists, some of us have a reminder of where we started from and of how hard you have worked to get to where you are. Don't be surprised if that makes you feel happy.

DJHoolahoop, I enjoyed your post. I was hoping you'd expand on why it's important for chancer to stop looking for validation, agreement, and understanding from others pertaining to his struggles. Also, thanks for the information about DeAngelo and Cybernetics.

To respond to chancer's latest:

I remember all the times I've gone to bars and sat there alone because I couldn't talk with anyone.

Most guys I know feel really out of place when they go to a bar alone, that's why they seldom go to a bar alone. I go to bars alone and talk to women. It is very tough. Most people arrive as part of a group. That's why they seem to have such an easy time around one another. Going to a bar alone is tough unless you are very outgoing or have some amazing people skills.

I remember all the times I was left out of everything or made fun of when I was younger in school.

Yeah, this part unfortunately sucks. When you're young, people can walk all over you and show no remorse and suffer no consequences aside from maybe detention if the teachers catch them. As adults, we have to be more careful about when and how we walk all over someone else. The rules have changed a lot to favor people who conform and play by the rules. Of course, still, a lot of stuff happens that just isn't fair, but if you let this hold you back, you're really just taking yourself out of the game and elminating the possibility for you to have fun and meet people.

I remember the one time I did try to ask a girl out and she just laughed at me out loud.

I know someone who is very succesful at almost everything he does, has about a 7.something score on hotornot, and people describe him as "normal, regular guy." About 90% of the time, this is how girls respond to his advances. I'm not sure if PUAs have it much better, but this seems typical of how regular women respond to regular guys when either they're nervous or not interested.

I remember the one time someone tried to set me up on a blind date and the other person would not even look at me or speak to me.

This happened to me when I was 17. I told my friend that I was having an awful time and couldn't stay any longer. I told the girl it was nice meeting her and that I had things to do. She started apologizing and I walked off... and ended up hanging out with some other girls I knew. Doesn't alway end this way, but yeah, this sh-t happens.

I think of all the times I've tried to do something else but and just overcome with feelings of hopelessness. So I'll end up feeling like I failed to change again. I think that I can't even do basic things like meeting people when I see people all around me who can.

Don't look at people around you. You don't know how they know the other people they're talking to. Never compare yourself to "everyone else," cuz you don't know everyone else. You know YOU. Try doing what you want to do and talking to people when you want to talk to them. Don't expect it to be easy, because it's not, but it's the only hope you have.

Mostly I think of all times I went outside somewhere and thought maybe today something will be different and I'll talk to someone, or maybe I'll smile and it doesn't happen.

Yeah, that sucks and it happens a lot. You have to start somewhere. You have to start somewhere. If you're depressed out of your mind and on ten zillion medications that are zonking the sh-t out of you, then it may never happen. But if you have anything left of you, you can start turning your life around. DO NOT EXPECT SUDDEN IMPROVEMENTS. Do you think everyone's gonna all of a sudden fall in love with you? You? Who the hell are you? Nobody knows who the hell you are. You've never hung out with anybody before. For all you know, people could think you're arrogant or that you think you're better than them. Showing them otherwise and developing friendships is going to take time. Trying to meet women and get them back to your place for some action is probably going to take a LOT of trial and error, to the point where you will become frustrated, your feelings will get hurt, you will have all kinds of nasty thoughts, but you will have to persevere. You can't sit there in front of your computer looking for the answer. The internet is FLY PAPER for people like you. It just sucks you in and before you know it, you're fifty-something and you've never touched a girl, hiked the grand canyon, or learned how to play the oboe like you've always wanted to.

If I was suddenly in control of you and I had to choose between having you spend the rest of your life on here, or having you spend the rest of your life away from a computer, never to see sosuave again, I'd choose the latter. Seriously, there is a ton of good advice on here, great advice, but none of it will apply to you if you avoid people and remain depressed. You can change but it will be ridiculously hard. Who cares if people ridicule you? I know you never get used to it but I challenge you to not let it stop you. Please, for your sake, take risks. Take social risks. Sh-t, I noticed it's geting late and I should be out, flirting with chicks at the bar.

Doc73

Don Juan
Reaction score
Am I the only one that cant decide wether or not this thread should be locked or be put in the bible? I have had the unfortunate privilage of seeing this thread since it all began and the amount of motivational replies in it is amazing.

On the other hand, this has gone on for long enough. You cannot help someone that does not want to be helped and it is quite obvious that every time someone gives him advice, he replies with an "I can't." This is my last post in this thread, the only thing I ask everyone is to please let this die

Robbie

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just went out and collected a couple handfuls of rejections. Worst night out in the history of me. The difference between you and I is that I went out. I got the fvck out of this room and went and talked to women I would have slept with. I got shot down, and tonight I got shot down hard. I'm not one of these dudes who walks into a club and has chicks eyeing him the whole time. Those bastards don't know how good they have it. Some of these dudes posting field reports strike me as AFCs who just happen to be exceptionally good looking and thus, succeed a hell of a lot more than most men their age. Push them into an HB10 and they're suddenly wondering how many days to wait before calling them or whether or not they should leave voicemail. Hence the "just be yourself" advice these guys give. Sh-t, I got some cold, hard rejection tonight. It hurts a little, even when you've been doing this for several months, but damnit, I'm not going to give up and I AM going to figure out what the hell I do wrong on nights like this and fix it. In much the same way, I'm in the process of making new friends at work. It's a slow process as people tend to clique with one another and be resistant to new comers. I'm a new comer, but I'm hanging in there. I had a group of them put me over big time the other night with these bar chicks. Tried to captitalize on it and got CBed pretty hard by a dude they were with. I won't call him AMOG cuz I stole the spotlight from him basically whenever I wanted it and the dude ultimately pulled these three chicks out of the bar to get them the hell away from me. Not sure how he had that much sway. Maybe out of towners? Maybe he was their ride? It sucks. It's hard. Hard to work up the courage to do another approach after the Ho says No (hey, isn't that GWM?) But the alternative is wasting another year of my life. Chancer, you wasted a frigging year of your life and that doesn't motivate you to change? Sh-t, I would rather shoot myself in the head than witness success happen upon you with your give-up attitude and lack of effort. I can feel for someone like you but damnit, you're not trying and so many of us are. If you get off your ass then I wish you the best of luck. Otherwise, thanks for starting what has turned into a great thread. Now, go try something different or stop posting.

billionthloser

Reaction score
hello chancer

in my first letter,by sayin your my last ****in chance,i was making fun of u but actually myself anyway,

what i see from your situation in the net is you have gained a philosophical victory over all of the DJs,what i think is all of the persuavers has come to very pathetic point,you are the god of yourself,and inside u dont like the idea of other god,what u might know is you are the king of losers,i am not the one because i have 1 real longterm,2 real short term,and 3 internet love(excluding any ****ing),and gainings from several prostution activity,so nor i am at the best point of losing,neither i reach the average point as far as being 25 year old ****head.

lets think about u gotta try and achieve something,can u be the king of DJs?i don t think so,u say u would rather let someone pull the trigger...what i bet is u are afraid of limited winnings chancy!

an another question,u meet the contr-ideas very profesionally,what is your real expectation from this forum?u still hope something from here?no chance...but it is good friendship with another djs,at least u share your feelings,and show off how literally good you are...chancer u have a great ego i guess,and you have a self-esteem dictatorship ,and u gotta keep reporing and serving till the end,and i can understand what it does really mean,

in these writings i am not going to help u but due to the same situation i will try to have a partnership with u anyway

see u soon comrad

the billionthloser