Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

2020 has made me feel the pull to going full MGTOW (semi long)

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 10, 2020
Messages
3,128
Reaction score
3,626
Location
US
The thing that concerns me is that I'll be 31 in a few months and that the older I get the fewer and fewer quality women will actually be available. Combine this with all of the experiences and observations I've had with all these bat **** crazy women I just don't know if I want to bother.
Stop looking for women your own age, the overwhelming majority of them go to **** in their 30s. Go for the women 18-25 (25 being a HARD cutoff) and you'll save yourself a lot of headache, frustration, and disappointment.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

SW15

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 31, 2020
Messages
15,423
Reaction score
12,522
Some of the posters on here seemed to have missed that I didn't say that I was looking to give up permanently. What I said is that 2020/COVID has made me feel the pull to focusing on myself instead of trying to date. Given what is currently available and what I've experienced and witnessed I just don't really feel all that much desire to honestly put myself out there. I also did say that I'd be open to meeting a woman but given the current circumstances I just don't think it's all that realistic to expect to find it.

This has been a fantastic year for me, which I consider myself fortunate because I know a lot of people have had some serious issues this year (financially, emotionally, etc.).
If you can make it happen, taking 1-2 years off and letting the pandemic pass is a defensible move. However, going without a partnered physical release for that time is not feasible for a lot of men. Porn and mbate indulgence to make up for being unpartnered is worse. MGTOW monk mode is bad too. It's a lousy set of options out there for the unpartnered man. Sitting it all out or keeping the in-person approach game going (if lacking a social circle or social circle is exhausted) are probably the best two options.

There also is a tendency to settle down relatively young here, though I get the inclination that this is due to there not really being much of a dating pool beyond university age.
Accurate for the area.

As I mentioned on a previous post on here, I did in fact date a girl who was in college, 19, when I was 27 but due to the maturity gap it naturally didn't last. I do know that there are in fact outliers but I feel that for where I'm at in life and what I focus on an experience like that would be more the norm for me if I was to pursue college age women.
The fact that you were able to attract a 19 year old at 27 and retain her for some time is an accomplishment. The maturity gap might be overrated. None of us on the internet can truly assess how bad it was or if you overreacted to it because we weren't there.

The university there has a major princess syndrome among its women. The community college there has less of that element and might be better for finding a girlfriend, though there would be fewer options.

Also, with COVID pretty much all forms of nightlife and social gatherings are either closed down entirely or modified in a way where people aren't approaching those outside of their group, which is something you touched on with your previous post.
I did touch on that. Social circles have been weakening for the last 3 decades prior to the pandemic. Those who had one going into the pandemic have a huge advantage now. Even in non-pandemic times, a viable social circle for feeding someone dates is an advantage over cold approaching.

Stop looking for women your own age, the overwhelming majority of them go to **** in their 30s. Go for the women 18-25 (25 being a HARD cutoff) and you'll save yourself a lot of headache, frustration, and disappointment.
Swipe apps make it more difficult to get more than a 3-5 year age gap. That can be avoided with in-person approaching. It can be done now, though it is probably going to be done more outdoors on hiking and walking paths. Places with warmer winters have an advantage here for the next 4-6 months.
 

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,863
Reaction score
19,089
Stop looking for women your own age, the overwhelming majority of them go to **** in their 30s. Go for the women 18-25 (25 being a HARD cutoff) and you'll save yourself a lot of headache, frustration, and disappointment.
I have issues trying to relate to younger women...they are immature and don't have their lives together. Most also want kids. No thanks.
 

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
12,678
Reaction score
5,125
Folks who say that they are "MGTOW" are really TFL (i.e., True Forced Loneliness, aka Incel) in denial. Here is a video about it with TFL prophets "Roller" Steve Hoca & Bill Greathouse. The bottom line is that a man calling himself MGTOW is practicing COPE.

 

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
12,678
Reaction score
5,125
I've tried going for women I wasn't attracted to but I'd deep down be questioning myself why I'm even bothering with them, which I think they picked up on.
In the Incelosphere, this called "Juggernauting". Here's a good explanation of it:
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Top