Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

16 Ways to Eat Healthy While Keeping it Cheap

stronglifts

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eating healthy is important. Eating healthy:

* Lowers disease risks
* Increases productivity
* Gives you more energy
* Makes you stronger

You probably think eating healthy is expensive. I’ll be honest — it is. But there are tricks to keep it low cost. Here are 16 ways to eat more healthy while keeping it cheap.

Enjoy

simon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good article. Some clueless muppets in the comments section though.

"Oh no, meat is BAD for you!!!!!"

"Saturated fat KILLS!!!"

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This article made the top 10 list at digg.com, congrads stronglifts.

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
Good post; all make sense, but the following I don't agree with:

Get Whey. The cheapest source of protein. 70$ for a 10lbs bag lasting 4 months. Nothing beats that. Use whey in your Post Workout Shake to help recovery.

A 10-lb. tub of Whey lasts me 1-2 months, max.
Prob depends on how much you take. Only thing I am going to chime in on is that $70 is about double what you should spend for 10lbs if it is truly a concentrate. At that price your getting ripped off like crazy. If it was a CFM, you might spend CLOSE to that, depending on where you get your stuff.

I'd prob suggest searching some more cause that price is way too steep. I promise you can get 10lbs for under $50 If your paying $70 DONT.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The price of whey is going way up because the price of corn is going up leading to all dairy products going up etc. Welcome to ethanol.

stronglifts

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Omen said:
Prob depends on how much you take. Only thing I am going to chime in on is that $70 is about double what you should spend for 10lbs if it is truly a concentrate. At that price your getting ripped off like crazy. If it was a CFM, you might spend CLOSE to that, depending on where you get your stuff.

I'd prob suggest searching some more cause that price is way too steep. I promise you can get 10lbs for under $50 If your paying $70 DONT.
I buy optimum nutrition whey. The price used to be 45$ for 10lbs, but recently the price went up as mrRuckus writes to 70$. If you know cheaper, feel free to post.

stronglifts

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Omen said:
Thanks Omen. I'll take a look at it.

As you know I'm living in Europe (Belgium). Everything I buy has tax (25%) + international shipping costs.

FYI, the whey I used to buy at 45$ was 90€ once it got here. Still cheaper & of better quality that goes around in Belgium, so I didn't care.

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zerix said:
wtf, where is the whey isolates?!
What do you mean? I was posting according to what we are talking about. Not about what is the better of the two. And good luck on an all isolate in 10lbs for $50. Not gonna happen if it's a high quality one.

Wasn't aware of that strong.... shipping then and supps have to suck.

If you aren't aware of this site you may check it out for Europe

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/

DarthJuan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a text document that lists all the ingredients to my meals.
For example:

Chicken Rice Soup [prep time: 3]
-Chicken, brown rice, onion, celery, carrot.

Chicken Stir-Fry [prep time: 3]
- Chicken, frozen vegetables, stir-fry sauce, brown rice.

Salad with Hard-Boiled Eggs [prep time: 2]
- Lettuce, tomato, celery, cucumber, carrot, egg, Fat-Free Ranch or Italian Dressing.

I go through the list every week and check off all the meals I want to eat that week. This way I'll know exactly what I need to get at the grocery store to prepare the meals for that week.
And if the meals take awhile to prepare, I'll do them all at once and put them in containers.

Reaction score
mrRuckus said:
The price of whey is going way up because the price of corn is going up leading to all dairy products going up etc. Welcome to ethanol.
Ya I would love to know where I can spend 70 bucks and get 10 lbs of WHEY!

Reaction score
DarthJuan said:
I have a text document that lists all the ingredients to my meals.
For example:

Chicken Rice Soup [prep time: 3]
-Chicken, brown rice, onion, celery, carrot.

Chicken Stir-Fry [prep time: 3]
- Chicken, frozen vegetables, stir-fry sauce, brown rice.

Salad with Hard-Boiled Eggs [prep time: 2]
- Lettuce, tomato, celery, cucumber, carrot, egg, Fat-Free Ranch or Italian Dressing.

I go through the list every week and check off all the meals I want to eat that week. This way I'll know exactly what I need to get at the grocery store to prepare the meals for that week.
And if the meals take awhile to prepare, I'll do them all at once and put them in containers.
Is there a reason why your choosing brown rice instead of white rice? Isn't the content almost the same for both of em?

Zerix

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Omen said:
What do you mean? I was posting according to what we are talking about. Not about what is the better of the two.
Oh, right, heh my bad.

What would you say is a very high quality one?

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
for eating cheap, I highly recommend oatmeal and whole wheat pasta. I get ww pasta for .99 cents a bag, which lasts me 5-7 meals.

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PeterNorthisawesome said:
Ya I would love to know where I can spend 70 bucks and get 10 lbs of WHEY!
If your in the US, follow the link I posted. If not, you prob wont get it for that price. I dont know shipping costs or anything else associated with shipping to other countries.

You may check the UK site I listed and see what it is when you convert currency.