Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

11 warning signs that she may have herpes.

NickBe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not all of us have herpes, I never had a wart or a cold sore in my life. I will go get the tests done today anyway.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is a test for herpes, but it is not very good. They can test for the antibodies in your blood, but that does not have much bearing over whether or not you'll get an outbreak and pass it on to someone else. Almost all herpes diagnoses come from visual inspection or culture of an active sore.

http://www.cdc.gov/std/Herpes/STDFact-Herpes.htm

Health care providers can diagnose genital herpes by visual inspection if the outbreak is typical, and by taking a sample from the sore(s) and testing it in a laboratory. HSV infections can be difficult to diagnose between outbreaks. Blood tests, which detect HSV-1 or HSV-2 infection, may be helpful, although the results are not always clear-cut.

http://www.requestatest.com/herpes.aspx

After a few months from the initial infection, a person usually begins to “phase out” and is no longer detectable with this test. The HSV IgM test may have cross reactivity, which could lead to a false positive, with prior herpes infections or other strains of herpes virus like Mono. Due to the limitations of the HSV IgM test, a person may only want to consider using this test if they are trying to determine whether or not they are experiencing a “Primary Episode” of a herpes infection or if they are attempting to track the possible “source” or “timeline” of the infection.

MDgood

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
East Middle North America, near the water.
perhaps there are more women going to the doctor to get themselves checked out and that is why stats seem a little higher.
there is no evidence that herpes needs a dark wet place to grow. it is not a mold or a fungus.
You're right, the "dark wet" thing was a bit simplified and could be misleading. What I should have said is that the vagina has a larger surface area of soft mucousa, which is conducive to viral infections. That's why women have a higher HSV rate than men. Again, I got that off of the CDC website.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MDgood said:
You're right, the "dark wet" thing was a bit simplified and could be misleading. What I should have said is that the vagina has a larger surface area of soft mucousa, which is conducive to viral infections. That's why women have a higher HSV rate than men. Again, I got that off of the CDC website.
i understand what you got off the website, however i find it to be misleading just a little. the reason why is that most women go for an annual pap smear once a year, during that time they usually talk to their dr about everything going on. most places do not test you for herpes unless you ask, however if you tell your dr that you have similar symptoms, they usually tell you about the test to have you do it.
men usually do not go to the dr on an annual basis just to talk about their penis and their sex lives and things that could be going on with them. you hear about guys that have prostrate cancer and it was caught too late, due to them not knowing the symptoms and getting them checked out, but i believe it is because they do not promote the idea of men going to the dr at least once a year.
a pap smear is not a like a physical, its with a special dr (ob/gyn) just to study our reproductive organ.
so after all of this, i believe that there are some men who just do not go to the dr and just wait out the herpes flare up until it vanishes.

your research is good, i just think that some of the stats are a little misleading because more women get checked out and diagnosed than men do. that is just my opinion.

Reaction score
Charm&Style said:
first of all, all of us have herpes, you dont believe me go take a blood taste and you will see we all carry HPV which leads to herpes.

having a cold sore is a HPV, a wart on your finger or other body parts HPV, BUT the thing is you can only get herpes when its active or when it's in its "window period"

thus if you are about to have sex and you see bumps on your partner...quit it, cuz its the only time you'll get herpes.
Ya bullsh't you can contract herpes type I and II even if the partner doesn't show any signs or symptoms. You can even get it from your mom during birth too. Transmission will happen if the virus is subject to thin membranes near the mouth, break in a skin or openings in the penis. Everyone will have HPV in their lifetime, however it'll past through the body before showing any symptoms. The best way to not get herpes is to ask the chick... if you don't trust her check yourself. I've seen nasty pictures of herpes and herpe discharges (greenish/white)... it's sick... never planning to get it.

dot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So what about oral sex and making out? How do you protect yourself from herpes, if it's true that it spreads even with a condom?

Even if you avoid one night stands, it doesn't seem like it would help. Avoiding people with herpes is the only way? But even if they have no visible signs, they can still give it to you??

MDgood

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
dot said:
So what about oral sex and making out? How do you protect yourself from herpes, if it's true that it spreads even with a condom?

Even if you avoid one night stands, it doesn't seem like it would help. Avoiding people with herpes is the only way? But even if they have no visible signs, they can still give it to you??
Not even oral sex is totally safe if the person has herpes. It used to be that genital herpes was confined to the genitals, and oral herpes was confined to the mouth. Then oral sex became popular, and guess what? People are getting genital herpes on their mouths, and oral herpes on their genitals.

Yes, this means that if you eat out a girl with genital herpes, it can get into your mouth. Then you eat out another girl, and voila, you've given her genital herpes, and without intercourse. Here's a scary thought: The girl has genital herpes in her mouth, and no signs of it. She gives you head, and suddenly you've got open sores on your crotch. No screwing required. You got herpes from getting head.

The only safe way to not get herpes is to avoid having sex with somebody who does have it. Unfortunately, this also means avoiding rolling around naked with them, too, because it's skin to skin contact that passes the infection. Yeah, if your d!ck touches the inside of her thigh, you can get infected. Worse, you can feel her up, then walk to the bathroom to take a piss, and if you touch your d!ck soon enough after getting the infected tw@t juice on your hand, bingo, you're infected for life.

I would just avoid them. Don't feel bad, though. There's plenty of dating sites out there for people who have herpes.

Alphamale1821

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
dot said:

The way i see it if you are sexually active at any time in your life you have a high chance of getting genital herpes. Since so many people have it without symptoms they don't care to get checked. Only a % of people who have it get outbreaks. The only 100% way to avoid herpes is to be abstinent your whole life. Everybody's whose ****ing is passing the disease on and they don't even know it. The only other way to not get herpes is just to be lucky or if you do have it hopefully not get any outbreaks.

Determining if you will have an outbreak or not i don't know the answer to that i guess it has to do with your body and genetics. I don't know if a person who reguarly gets cold sores is more or less prone to getting genital/oral herpes as opposed to a guy who gets no kind of cold sores or visa versa.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NickBe said:
Not all of us have herpes, I never had a wart or a cold sore in my life. I will go get the tests done today anyway.
Same here. I also find the "cold sore" euphamism a little funny. Some people think it actually has to do with the cold virus.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i remember I ****ed a girl in HS and the next day she showed up with cold sores.. like 2 of them right by her mouth.... I wanted to cry.. because I went in raw (and pulled out).. luckily she didn't have anything (I got tested..for everything)

dot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
MDgood said:
Not even oral sex is totally safe if the person has herpes. It used to be that genital herpes was confined to the genitals, and oral herpes was confined to the mouth. Then oral sex became popular, and guess what? People are getting genital herpes on their mouths, and oral herpes on their genitals.

Yes, this means that if you eat out a girl with genital herpes, it can get into your mouth. Then you eat out another girl, and voila, you've given her genital herpes, and without intercourse. Here's a scary thought: The girl has genital herpes in her mouth, and no signs of it. She gives you head, and suddenly you've got open sores on your crotch. No screwing required. You got herpes from getting head.

The only safe way to not get herpes is to avoid having sex with somebody who does have it. Unfortunately, this also means avoiding rolling around naked with them, too, because it's skin to skin contact that passes the infection. Yeah, if your d!ck touches the inside of her thigh, you can get infected. Worse, you can feel her up, then walk to the bathroom to take a piss, and if you touch your d!ck soon enough after getting the infected tw@t juice on your hand, bingo, you're infected for life.

I would just avoid them. Don't feel bad, though. There's plenty of dating sites out there for people who have herpes.
Well you just confirmed what I've been reading. You definitely can get it without any visible signs.

So how do you avoid them, as you say? Other than the tips just posted, what else can we do?

I know if I'm drunk I might be too eager for an eager girl. Other than that, yeah those tips are good.

BuckwildNYC

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
MDgood said:
Yeah, this doesn't mean you can get laid. You have to be smart and be careful. Not every girl has herpes. Most don't.

Well if you can catch herpes w/o the girl having any signs then how can you be SMART and CAREFUL about it?? The ONLY way to not catch herpes is to abstain from sex. Good luck with that buddy........

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BuckwildNYC said:
Well if you can catch herpes w/o the girl having any signs then how can you be SMART and CAREFUL about it?? The ONLY way to not catch herpes is to abstain from sex. Good luck with that buddy........
Exactly. All you can do is trust that the women you are sleeping with have some integrity and don't have it or are the type that would tell you; but even then, what if they are like the majority, who don't even know if they have it.

This post reminds me of those TV specials they used to have about the risks of certain things happening each time you left your house.

Thai Foon

Don Juan
Reaction score
stupid teenager question but.. doesnt wearing a condom protect from herpes if used correctly?

MDgood

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thai Foon said:
stupid teenager question but.. doesnt wearing a condom protect from herpes if used correctly?
Because it's spread via skin to skin contact, and not fluid exchange, it only protects the area covered by the condom. You can get it through any breaks inyour skin that come in contact with an infected area.

MDgood

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
BuckwildNYC said:
Yeah, the only way to be 100% protected is to abstain from sex. It's a risk we take when we have sex, especially if we're only out to get laid. This is why when you meet a woman, see if any of those tips apply, and if you get suspicious, ask her. Most of the time she'll tell you if she knows she has it.

IF she knows she has it!

dot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
exactly, if she knows she has it. even scarier..