Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Phone Calls Before the Date

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
This is the best thing A man can do to gauge their personality, I've been calling every woman i get from OLD. Instead of wasting time on a date i get to see what their personality is really like.

If they are really bubbly on the phone i arrange a date, if they are boring/awkward i just make an excuse to end the call and delete the number.

I've already arranged 3 dates this weekend, it saves me a lot of time from boring text conversations that i used to have. I keep calls to only 10 minutes.

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
Waste of time unless it is her idea (some girls make this clear before a date). Non sexual attention should never be free.
This way i was able to cut out 3 girls who were just boring over the phone, i cant imagine how bad it would be to go on a date with them and waste potentially half an hour or more.

I can now pick and choose the best girls to see

I've been on plenty of boring dates in the past

Charm2K

Don Juan
Reaction score
This way i was able to cut out 3 girls who were just boring over the phone, i cant imagine how bad it would be to go on a date with them and waste potentially half an hour or more.

I can now pick and choose the best girls to see

I've been on plenty of boring dates in the past
I dont understand. How have you gotten the girls numbers in first place ?

Willie Naylor

Banned
Reaction score
This is a good practice. In my single days, when I met a girl online and setup a first date, I always called the day before to confirm the date.

A little bit of small talk gives me a chance to get a feel for her personality and gives me an idea of what I'm about to walk into.

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
I dont understand. How have you gotten the girls numbers in first place ?
I just asked for it on Coffee meets bagel
IMG_20211105_124456_933.jpg

Its a dating site
This is a good practice. In my single days, when I met a girl online and setup a first date, I always called the day before to confirm the date.

A little bit of small talk gives me a chance to get a feel for her personality and gives me an idea of what I'm about to walk into.

Exactly I feel it's a good way to build rapport as well, you just can't do some things over text

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I always call the woman it shows masculine leadership, and shows her behaviour....

I couldnt care less if its 2021 and women just DM, She aint meeting me unless I hear her voice....

Ive had a few who tried to turn me into an emotional crutch within the first sentence, and some who looked lovely but sounded like a pit bull terrier....

this gives me chance to cancel

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I was on dating websites in the 2000s, I would do phone calls before dates. By some point in the early 2010s, I found it difficult to reach women on the phone/get call backs in a timely manner, so I dropped it from my efforts with tech assisted dating. Around the same time, I also found it more difficult to get my in-person approached woman on phone calls as well, though this was less drastic.

I did not find phone calls to be a great predictor of what would happen on a date in-person. I think there would be some instances where a phone call was so dull that it prevented a bad date and saved money and time. Most phone calls were good enough to warrant a date and it didn't seem to reduce the "one date, no sex, no second date" type dates.

Video calls in the present time offer more potential.

The best way to get better quality is to find dates through in-person means. Social circle is going to be most meaningful in lower bad dates but any sort of in-person approaching will reduce the "one date, no sex, no second date" type date. I'm convinced that a lot of bad swipe app dates would be avoided with an in-person approach. A 5-10 minute in-person approach has a way of working wonders for filtering out bad dates, way more so than a phone call.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is the best thing A man can do to gauge their personality, I've been calling every woman i get from OLD. Instead of wasting time on a date i get to see what their personality is really like.

If they are really bubbly on the phone i arrange a date, if they are boring/awkward i just make an excuse to end the call and delete the number.

I've already arranged 3 dates this weekend, it saves me a lot of time from boring text conversations that i used to have. I keep calls to only 10 minutes.
Who cares what their personality is like? As long as they open their legs.

Juanto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who cares what their personality is like? As long as they open their legs.
this.
Unless she is unbearable from the get go, **** her first and after get to know her

rjc149

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No reason to build comfort or rapport over the phone before a date. She may be nervous and conversationally stilted speaking to a complete stranger she’s never met before. I wouldn’t write her off as “boring.” This could also backfire — you may come off as boring to her and blow an opportunity that you would have had in person. And a lot of women will be turned off and weirded out by getting a phone call from an online stranger before the date. I doubt most of them would take your call. You’re needless blowing opportunities— why would you do that? I strongly recommend that you do not vet women out over the phone beforehand. You’re not Goldman Sachs.

Meet up for the date. Banter. Flirt. Escalate. Thinking you’re going to sum a person up based on a 2 minute phone call is both arrogant and counterproductive. Your approach should never be “I’m looking for my soulmate.” It should be “let’s meet up and see where things go.”

Last edited:

Charm2K

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a mess. 1) You pull numbers from a website, so of course you have no idea how her personality is. 2) Now you must call her to "check" that she isent freak, and that you wont be wasting your time.

Why does these freaking sites even exist? Cause MEN are acting like little girls in real life.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. Some women are not into talking on the phone, and it hasn't been a big predictor of in date success or not.

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

This is actually very good advice. I try to avoid video calls though unless i genuinely cant figure out what they look like. Nothing more cringey than staring straight at a strangers face while talking to them by phone/digitally.

roaming shark

Don Juan
Reaction score
Meh. Not a bad idea. I prefer to always set the date within walking distance to my place. Very little commitment from me. Plus I only swipe on girls I’m genuinely attracted to. I’ve been doing this for a while now and I know all the picture and photography magic girls use. I can tell if I like them. Personalities change depending on their mood anyway ahah. But I like the idea of calling sure, I may do it if they want too of course

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not her looks, appearance? I'm surprised. I always thought a man judged a woman first based on her looks, if his d*** got hard, then proceed forward. If not, next.

As such, phone calls are a waste of time for many men. Attitude and personality was secondary after looks/appearance.

Personally, I dislike phone calls. Let's message and then meet in person.

I know many women who like them though, need them prior to first meet. I don't know too many men who do. For them it was all about her looks first, that was the initial pull.

And not from a picture, pics can LIE. But rather in person.

Doesn't matter how good you look if you act like a robot, act high maintenance or are "woke" i will avoid you like the plague.

Willie Naylor

Banned
Reaction score
Doesn't matter how good you look if you act like a robot, act high maintenance or are "woke" i will avoid you like the plague.
Woke. Those fools need help.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cheers! Zimbabwe

Back when I was active on the personals, I did the exact same thing. I was surprised at how many had a good self-descriptive bio, yet over the phone, could barely articulate a decent verbal sentence.

From my recollection, I'm thinking that about 25% wouldn't offer their number ... or they would attempt to flip the script by asking for mine. They were scratched of my list.

Of the remaining 75% or so, half of these were screened out (they either sounded too rural for my liking or they simply didn't possess decent social skills).

Even though this meant that my pool was reduced by almost 2/3rd's, I considered it to still be a "win." I say this because I was able to save time, money and a potentially awkward meet up. And even though the ones that I met up with didn't always work out, my odds would have been worse, if not for insisting on a pre-meet phone call.

Last edited: