Phone Calls Before the Date

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is the best thing A man can do to gauge their personality, I've been calling every woman i get from OLD. Instead of wasting time on a date i get to see what their personality is really like.

If they are really bubbly on the phone i arrange a date, if they are boring/awkward i just make an excuse to end the call and delete the number.

I've already arranged 3 dates this weekend, it saves me a lot of time from boring text conversations that i used to have. I keep calls to only 10 minutes.
The problem with this is you are assuming whether you like a woman or not based upon a very superficial phone call. I have spoken to women before who take a little longer to warm up than others and we have really hit it off. These women would have sounded "boring" in a brief phone call before even the 1st date occurred.

I think you are screening in a way that limits your success - not that augments it.

andreihaha

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My usual strategy is: talk->get phone number->call her when I have time and want to set a date-> go out.

For me it worked pretty well, quick call to ask her out, 1-2 minutes or more if we get to discuss something interesting.
Assuming that your voice and tonality is alright, she'll really want to meet you more after a quick chat. And you get to hear her too, which can either save you time and money, or assure you she's normal enough for you to continue. And some women have a really nice voice, trembling with emotion when first hearing your manly voice, which raises your testosterone level through the roof as well.

Yeah, I also recommend calling.

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
The problem with this is you are assuming whether you like a woman or not based upon a very superficial phone call. I have spoken to women before who take a little longer to warm up than others and we have really hit it off. These women would have sounded "boring" in a brief phone call before even the 1st date occurred.

I think you are screening in a way that limits your success - not that augments it.
Well you're way of doing things woks best with women you meet irl, you have a chance to get to know them better.

I'm just doing this to save time and only have interesting dates. I got my first one later today

My usual strategy is: talk->get phone number->call her when I have time and want to set a date-> go out.

For me it worked pretty well, quick call to ask her out, 1-2 minutes or more if we get to discuss something interesting.
Assuming that your voice and tonality is alright, she'll really want to meet you more after a quick chat. And you get to hear her too, which can either save you time and money, or assure you she's normal enough for you to continue. And some women have a really nice voice, trembling with emotion when first hearing your manly voice, which raises your testosterone level through the roof as well.

Yeah, I also recommend calling.
It's really good in that aspect, texting feels so artificial in comparison. You really learn a lot more about them and I'm noticing their interest goes up when we call. It sets us apart from the rest of the guys

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Waste of time unless it is her idea (some girls make this clear before a date). Non sexual attention should never be free.
I agree. Phone calls also risks foot in mouth saying too much and then she flakes. Less talking the better.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is the best thing A man can do to gauge their personality, I've been calling every woman i get from OLD. Instead of wasting time on a date i get to see what their personality is really like.

If they are really bubbly on the phone i arrange a date, if they are boring/awkward i just make an excuse to end the call and delete the number.

I've already arranged 3 dates this weekend, it saves me a lot of time from boring text conversations that i used to have. I keep calls to only 10 minutes.
I have been utilizing this the past few years. The demographic is far younger generation Z. Top form smv 18-23. Mid 20s worst case scenario. The demographic mostly texts. A call builds rapport. It can be a time suck s9 obviously make it short and specific.

The following seems to eliminate flaking. It lowers the fallout vs texting because of the value added as well as her investment of time. This is huge. I highly recommend it. Also video call if you OLD. Avoid catfish and sunk costs in time.

Good post.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My most effective text is : "hey I'm driving, give me a call. I'm on the road for the next 30 min headed to a meeting with a client."
It's a compliance test, has a time constraint, and serves as a DHV.

I'm good on the phone since it is a part of my daily work. She calls me, she's in MY world...

My most memorable was one who called me and exclaimed when I answered "ooooohhhhh great voice!"

Reaction score
Yep, I have been doing this more often. Started actually when a girl asked to call me, and I realised you just vibe much better in general with someone on a phone call than text. My text game sucks. I hate texting. I find it irritating. With friends, family, lovers I always prefer calls.

It's just so much easier to make a connection with someone on a call, to ad lib as well. And to make small talk. And quite easy to turn sexual as well. Plus women often say that my voice is much deeper than they expected and they like it.

Over the next week I'm gonna experiment with transitioning to voice call asap and see how it goes.

Edit: plus to add, women in general tend to love just talking on the phone and can talk for ages while you say nothing. In text messages I find I have to lead the conversation always.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Opening women offline on your daily trail cuts a lot of this out. She already seen you. You already talked to her. Face to face gauge of attraction has already been established.....but meeting women and showing interest face to face saves time and cuts right to the point. It is actually more enjoyable.
The best way to get better quality is to find dates through in-person means. Social circle is going to be most meaningful in lower bad dates but any sort of in-person approaching will reduce the "one date, no sex, no second date" type date. I'm convinced that a lot of bad swipe app dates would be avoided with an in-person approach. A 5-10 minute in-person approach has a way of working wonders for filtering out bad dates, way more so than a phone call.
I agree. I am a proponent of solely finding dates without using electronic screens. While I would say it is more difficult to meet women in the real world than sitting at home swiping and texting, it is more productive if judged upon the metric of having a productive first date. The swipe apps produce an illusion of efficiency and productivity.

When do you an approach session in the real world and get nothing from 2 hours of daygaming or 2-3 hours at a bar at night, you start to see the appeal of sitting home and swiping/texting. However, it is an illusion.

The one thing that the real world does is prevent bad dates from happening. Either women are too self-involved to evaluate you (they have earbuds in and are not giving IOIs) or the approach conversation falls flat. Either way, you save time and money.

The "daily trail" wording is a bit problematic for me. Most men do not have an offline routine that will put them in contact with enough women. They will usually have to do specific daygaming sessions. If a man when not looking for a woman grocery shops, he can probably do his grocery shopping in 30 minutes. If a man is using the grocery store to find dates, he'll have to slow his grocery shopping pace down. It might take 2 hours of grocery store lingering (possibly spread across 2 stores) to get something. Men also can linger in malls, coffee shops, other retail outlets, or outdoors at parks/walking paths/hiking paths/the beach to find women.

Some men might also be able to get numbers/dates with women who work in the same building as they do but with other companies in that building, if it is a large office building. This has happened to me. However, with the pandemic and more work at home, this is less likely to happen.

I agree with the point that there is an enjoyable element about a successful in-person approach that isn't replicated from behind a screen.

I see your point about screening out the online stuff
If a man can set up phone and video calls, it might work. I didn't see much effect with phone calls but I think video has more potential.

Not to mention it helps get through rejections and builds your self confidence.
Yes, it builds confidence if you can do the approaches. I don't agree on it helping with rejections. If you're a man out there doing cold approach and getting stoned face women giving zero IOIs or having approaches that lead nowhere, it is not going to be a good time from a mental health standpoint. It is possible to get so many rejections that it will cause emotional trauma.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Recently I video chatted a girl that I haven't gone on a date with yet (she said she's too busy during the semester but she'll be more free in December) and the reason I did it was to evaluate if I should cut contact or play the long game. It also served the purpose of increasing her investment in my opinion.

But I'd always go for the date first and only go for things like phone calls if you can't get a date yet but are still pursuing.

Also I wouldn't expect a decent personality from 90% of women tbh.

Sounds like a good way for a man who has a lot of matches to sort to filter out low interest and women whose personalities are incompatible.