I'm willing to bet that your emotional background you have is a result of not being productive enough towards your goals. Whatever this guy said should not have bothered you. I don't know what your goals are, but if you start working hard enough towards them, you'll start feeling so good about yourself that petty comments like that won't anger you.
Don't think about it in terms of what should be or shouldn't be, but what
is, and then make that your own.
I would love to be able to biologically reverse my age back to 20 and date 20 year olds without the age gap stigma. The reality is, I'm almost 42 and although I'm in great shape for my age, that age gap stigma is going to be with me whether I like it or not. I'm working on a style and mindset with the help of
@BPH so that I can as effective as possible in my circumstances. I don't complain about my situation, I take the correct actions instead. Read my cold approach thread.