Are you all excited for end of summer and start of fall?

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know summer gets a lot of hype as the fun season since everyone is on vacation but this heat wave has worn me down. Pretty sure @IKO69 @MixedMutt00 and other Miami locals can attest to this. However, I notice how relatively empty Miami has been at times in the summer and how you get a lot less tourists as well since no one wants to deal with that sort of heat. Somehow, Fall always has a magical feeling to it. Whether it is because a lot of the sports are back in season or school is back in session, it feels way more active. It feels like a kick off of new things.

Game wise, I am looking forward to more tourists coming to Miami as it cools down a bit. More opportunities for flings and a chance to really get back into the game for good. Summer for me was more like a training camp to seriously fix some major game, logistical, and personal problems. I see fall as more of a game time where I get to apply all of these changes.

For all I know, it could be a miserable fall too. Hurricane season is set to likely be awful and you can't breathe easy until end of November. Still, I am just excited for this heat wave to cool down.

What about you all?

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Summer started losing its thrill after High School IMHO. I had to work through college, and it was mostly empty, so Summers in college sucked. After college, summer completely sucks now because there's no hope of returning to fun times lol. This summer has been particularly worse weather temperature wise, while last summer was bad with the inflation.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bills/Sabres...could be entering the Golden Age of Buffalo Sports with the Sabres about to break out big-time over the next few years.
This year is going to be lame tbh. My Steelers aren't doing shvt more than likely and Ryan Don't and the Buckeyes are going to be another disappointment. Bills look extremely promising, so I can understand your excitement.

Last edited:

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am never excited for fall. The change is nice for a short while, but by mid/late October it's cold and rainy and dreary and doesn't get warm again until May typically. I've never been one to let the weather determine my mood but there's a certain point where you can't ignore it anymore and after decades of this, I'm fvcking over it and I'm planning to move in a few months.

The winters are awful, everyone is depressed and there's almost nothing to do. No mountains for hundreds of miles, very few big forests/parks, and for about 150 miles (or more) in every direction is shvty - mostly soulless small towns, soulless suburban non-places of shvtty roads and strip malls with giant parking lots, and the occassional monocrop farmland. But the summers are fantastic and I believe we have some of the best beaches in the country. There is a stark juxtaposition in energy/vibrance comparing the summer and winter.

Last edited:

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The winters are awful, everyone is depressed and there's almost nothing to do, no mountains, and the entire state is a typical soulless suburban hellscape of shvtty roads and strip malls with giant parking lots with the occassional monocrop farmlands. But the summers are fantastic and I believe we have some of the best beaches in the country. There is a stark juxtaposition in energy/vibrance comparing the summer and winter.
Your post screams the Midwest lol. Where I am at, it has been 100 degrees consistently the whole entirety of summer.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your post screams the Midwest lol. Where I am at, it has been 100 degrees consistently the whole entirety of summer.
I fvcking abhor the midwest especially after visiting MN last year. I flew there on a private plane that was at low altitude and saw the landscape through several states, the midwest is nothing but flat, boring farmland and shvty small towns and mediocre cities. It's the worst region of the US by far. At least quant places like New England and the northwest have actual character and interesting landscapes/geography.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I fvcking abhor the midwest especially after visiting MN last year. I flew there on a private plane that was at low altitude and saw the landscape through several states, the midwest is nothing but flat, boring farmland and shvty small towns and mediocre cities. It's the worst region of the US by far. At least quant places like New England and the northwest have actual character and interesting landscapes/geography.
I lowkey like Minnesota lol. I have never been to New England tbh, but it does feel too rugged and old school for me.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I lowkey like Minnesota lol. I have never been to New England tbh, but it does feel too rugged and old school for me.
Why? You need to see a Doctor

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is the best post I've read about using the calendar for dating....

September and October are good months for finding new dating relationships. Men looking to start something new need to move with urgency in September and October. November 15-January 1 is essentially a dead zone for new dating arrangements. It's very difficult to get women to show up on early stage dates during the November 15-January 1 with all of the holiday family obligations. For men, our own family obligations might also be a consideration, but women are more into holidays and the family stuff. The typical unattached male who isn't a total AFC/beta male wimp considers the holiday season a nuisance and would rather be approaching/seducing.

I like the idea of the temperatures cooling down a bit. Dallas has been miserable this summer. Much of the US Sun Belt has been bad. @Jesse Pinkman has been annoyed by the heat in Miami. Other parts of Texas have been hot and Phoenix/Tucson in Arizona have been miserable this summer as well. Phoenix/Tucson don't tend to get tolerable temperatures until around October 15. @MatureDJ learned this when he had a work assignment in Phoenix in the early 2000s.

In Dallas, the temperatures won't start getting tolerable until mid to late September.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is the best post I've read about using the calendar for dating....

September and October are good months for finding new dating relationships. Men looking to start something new need to move with urgency in September and October. November 15-January 1 is essentially a dead zone for new dating arrangements. It's very difficult to get women to show up on early stage dates during the November 15-January 1 with all of the holiday family obligations. For men, our own family obligations might also be a consideration, but women are more into holidays and the family stuff. The typical unattached male who isn't a total AFC/beta male wimp considers the holiday season a nuisance and would rather be approaching/seducing.

I like the idea of the temperatures cooling down a bit. Dallas has been miserable this summer. Much of the US Sun Belt has been bad. @Jesse Pinkman has been annoyed by the heat in Miami. Other parts of Texas have been hot and Phoenix/Tucson in Arizona have been miserable this summer as well. Phoenix/Tucson don't tend to get tolerable temperatures until around October 15. @MatureDJ learned this when he had a work assignment in Phoenix in the early 2000s.

In Dallas, the temperatures won't start getting tolerable until mid to late September.
I go back to that post over and over again despite the things I might disagree with Caleb on.

This heat in Miami has been an absolute ****block even for dates. I schedule my dates a 10 min walk away from my place so I can pull them but freaking Latinas wear high heels on the first date and get dolled the heck up. Now they are sweating and barely able to walk much. One chick needed to call a freaking Uber because of how bad it got but then again, that date was wack.

Summer has been dry as heck in Miami. I go out to daygame in Brickell and the streets are largely empty. A former wing of mines hit up Lincoln rd and could not last past 30 min since he started having heat exhaustion symptoms. I had lunch with a friend in town and he was sweating like crazy.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Start of football season is one of the best times of the year. Hockey season follows right behind so that's an added bonus.
I do not even follow football as much as I used to, despite my dawgs wrecking havoc on the college football world these past 2 years. Something about the fans and how I found most games to be a waste of time. That and I got super focused on pulling.

That said, it is an unreal atmosphere. You run into more packed venues and more people out and about. The guys take themselves out of the running by talking sports and getting emotionally worked up. The women are free to be gamed as long as you are not making moves on a dude's chick. At most venues, the atmosphere is more active.

I hate Basketball season the most though, especially down here in Miami. Basketball attracts the worst types of fans who are trashy ratchet clout chasers. People here in Miami are crazy over the Heat so even the women are too busy watching the game for you to get anything out of talking to them.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Summer started losing its thrill after High School IMHO. I had to work through college, and it was mostly empty, so Summers in college sucked. After college, summer completely sucks now because there's no hope of returning to fun times lol. This summer has been particularly worse weather temperature wise, while last summer was bad with the inflation.
As I have grown older, I have treated summer as most sports teams might treat it, training camp. I call summer my offseason where I am making some of the bigger moves and behind the scene logistical moves around game. What sucks when you live in a city like Miami or NYC (as @RickTheToad @In2theGame and other locals can attest to) is that a lot of people go away. Most Miami locals do not want to deal with the summer heat so they go away and tourists are far less inclined to come here. Meanwhile, anyone that lives in the places of NYC that matter (mainly Manhattan) go away elsewhere because the smell of garbage gets way worse.

IMO, the best summer is spent maxing out looks, reflecting on fall and spring game wise, and then figuring out what adjustments need to be made as it picks up again.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes - the best season in the Midwest. Hunting and football. And by hunting I am talking animals, not women.

Summer stopped holding any magic appeal past college. It is just another set of months of the year now, although I will miss the time both on and near the water. You can pull women year round although cold approach is always best in the summer months in the Midwest due to outside venues being available.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Yes. Summer is my least favorite season. I rather be freezing my balls than sweating.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I go back to that post over and over again despite the things I might disagree with Caleb on.
I disagree with Caleb on a number of things but he put together the best dating calendar for the year.

This heat in Miami has been an absolute ****block even for dates. I schedule my dates a 10 min walk away from my place so I can pull them but freaking Latinas wear high heels on the first date and get dolled the heck up. Now they are sweating and barely able to walk much. One chick needed to call a freaking Uber because of how bad it got but then again, that date was wack.

Summer has been dry as heck in Miami. I go out to daygame in Brickell and the streets are largely empty. A former wing of mines hit up Lincoln rd and could not last past 30 min since he started having heat exhaustion symptoms. I had lunch with a friend in town and he was sweating like crazy.
Dallas has been similar. The pool parties at public venues in Dallas seem poppin' but pool parties in general are sausage fests.

Do you ever do Miami's pool party scene? A few places in Dallas try to emulate the Miami/Las Vegas pool party vibe.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I do not even follow football as much as I used to, despite my dawgs wrecking havoc on the college football world these past 2 years. Something about the fans and how I found most games to be a waste of time. That and I got super focused on pulling.
Lets make this clear because it appears 2024 is going to be different. Texas, OU, A&M, and whatever gets scooped up from the ACC aren't true SEC teams.