Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

When day cold approaching, it better to be high energy or to be slow/controlled with your speech?

CollegeMan22

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Pretty self-explanatory question. On the high-energy side, I have noticed that a lot of chicks will go away if you don't talk quickly enough and keep up the conversation at the beginning. But on the other hand, that kinda makes you look needy and like you are chasing her. I always talk in a slow and controlled manner during dates, but usually I don't during cold approaches. What is your go to?

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score
Its not about how much you energy you exhibit, its how you exhibit that energy.

Majority of the time, its better to be laidback and calm, charming but still have alot of energy in your wit, not necessarily physically jumpy and lots of physical energy. High energy can come off as overcompensating.

Lastly man, You should not change your personality when you talk to women. Thinking about how you talk or whether to talk fast or slow is never going to come out natural. Talk to them how you would talk to anyone else.. because whats more important is what you say, and how you say it should always come out naturally.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Controlled every time , high energy approaches can work depending on the girl but generally tend to come off as insincere and like a sales pitch

Ideally you must have a genuine question or base for the approach otherwise it will just burn out really quickly

I have been watching a lot of these interview style cold approaches on snapchat

"hey can i ask you a question" ......( something intriguing / funny/ whitty for her to think about)

Thats your foundation then you must build upon it and quickly

Cold approach is not for the faint hearted nor is it for the average man

Epicwinguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Run around in front of a girl on the sidewalk or in the grocery store and scream "what's up cvnt!" At the top of your lungs

We_ArE_VeNOM

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pretty self-explanatory question. On the high-energy side, I have noticed that a lot of chicks will go away if you don't talk quickly enough and keep up the conversation at the beginning.
If you are talking about cold approaches here; you shouldn't be talking to her no more than 30 seconds anyway.

Not on a cold approach, no.

But on the other hand, that kinda makes you look needy and like you are chasing her. I always talk in a slow and controlled manner during dates, but usually I don't during cold approaches. What is your go to?
During a date, be yourself. If that isn't enough, then she ain't for you.

Although "just be yourself" is some of the worse advice you can give certain people.

Haha.

Dean Gladwyn

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are talking about cold approaches here; you shouldn't be talking to her no more than 30 seconds anyway.

Not on a cold approach, no.

During a date, be yourself. If that isn't enough, then she ain't for you.

Although "just be yourself" is some of the worse advice you can give certain people.

Haha.
Shouldn't be talking to her no longer than 30 seconds on a cold approach?

Good luck seeing those women again.

We_ArE_VeNOM

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shouldn't be talking to her no longer than 30 seconds on a cold approach?
If she is going to reject you anyway (which is what most men are worried about), then it doesn't matter whether you talk to her for 30 seconds or 30 minutes.

Would you rather waste 30 seconds or 30 minutes?

Lets use our brains here, people.

Good luck seeing those women again.
I have a 30% closing rate, from getting the number to getting physical with the woman.

So a 30% closing rate on seeing those women again....using the same advice that I give to you guys.

Because I understand that if a woman finds me attractive, then it shouldn't take me long to do what I have to do and get out of there with the number in 30 seconds or less.

anonymous12345

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Cold approach is not for the faint hearted nor is it for the average man
Right on brotha. But once one have built in the capability one can approach pretty much anywhere and any girl.

However, I often miss when I need to react within a couple of seconds, I typically need to prepare a bit.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Daygame isn't a high energy discipline. Nightlife venue approaching is more high energy than daygame. I'd recommend being slower and more controlled in daygame.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's always better to be in control and friendly. What is called 'day game' is really nothing more than starting up conversations with strangers with what is going on around you. Be observant, know body language, understand that MOST women are not going to be receptive. Never try and pick up a woman going about your day. If she is open and receptive to talking to you, then excuse yourself, get her number... then you get to find out if you got a bum number or she is going to screen your calls, or make excuses as to why she can't meet up, or if she is going to cancel on you.

This is pretty much all I do now... I'm too old for 'clubbing' besides I'm really not into night life anymore. Most women I hit on (since I'm in my mid-50s are women that look like they are Gen-Xers or Gen-Y, so what works for me will likely NOT work for you younger dudes with younger chicks, so take my advice with a grain of salt. Younger women seem to be more comfortable with using social media as a way to meet men.