Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Has any man who lived in a house, been denied a woman because she preferred condos?

NealIRC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So, I could start a thread "Apartmentcels, how do you cope?" How do you compete with men who live in houses they own. Women with guys who live in apartments could break off for richer guys that live in houses.

However... in between houses and apartments, is condos. Condos basically look like apartments, but are property.

In some case, there are benefits to condos over houses, and women can prefer that. I'm sure more women would rather raise kids in a house than a condo where you take an elevator and pass security or bellman. But, the main advantage of condos over houses, depending on the location, is home invasion. It's easier to break into someone's home at night in which you would hope to be gun owners, which is less likely and harder to do in a condo.

Other minor benefits to condos are potentially gym, swimming pool, etc., for condo residents, and a sense of community with the people in your hallway which you can be closer to than from a street. But this is a double-edged sword, if you dislike some of your hallway residents, can be more drama.

And for houses in cold areas it's tough to travel for the winter for a few weeks cuz you have to make sure the pipes don't freeze. Usually for condos it wouldn't be like that.

I feel like women objectively prefer men with houses over apartments, and condos over apartments, but between houses and condos, women would generally be flexible? I imagine a small % of women are actually picky on this.

Another downside to condos is usually no garden.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's like the golden rule in real estate: Location, Location, Location. A house in a suburb beats a condo in a suburb, but a downtown condo might beat that house.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So, I could start a thread "Apartmentcels, how do you cope?" How do you compete with men who live in houses they own. Women with guys who live in apartments could break off for richer guys that live in houses.

I feel like women objectively prefer men with houses over apartments, and condos over apartments, but between houses and condos, women would generally be flexible? I imagine a small % of women are actually picky on this.
In most areas of the United States, this is true. It's been true in the major cities of the USA where I have lived since I graduated college in the mid-2000s. Men living in apartments past the age of 30 will feel this.

When a man in his 20s and mainly dating women in his 20s, there is no SMV penalty for living in an apartment. There may be a penalty for living in an apartment that is not well located near areas with a lot of unmarried people. In his 20s, a man can live in an apartment that is merely adequate (so long as it is well located) and face no SMV penalty. At this point in life, most of the dating pool for a man also lives in apartments or other rental housing, so this isn't perceived odd at all.

After age 30, things start to change for apartment dwelling men. 30+ men in apartments are judged more harshly by single women, both women near their own age and women 5+ years younger. In a man's 30s, it becomes more difficult to get away with having only a merely adequate apartment. A man 30+ often feels the need to have a better than average apartment in order to attract-seduce. In the bigger cities in Sun Belt states, this means newer apartments.

between houses and condos, women would generally be flexible? I imagine a small % of women are actually picky on this.
I can't imagine women being too picky on this and it would depend on her own relationship objectives and her own homeownership status.

Homeownership status becomes more of an issue in relationships as level of commitment escalates. In exclusive relationships that aren't headed for co-habitation and/or marriage, this won't be an issue.

Two people entering a relationship both as homeowners face issues if they want to move in together or marry. This gets complicated. It's much more complicated than 2 renters, or 1 renter and 1 owner.

If a man doesn't want to move in with his girlfriend or marry, housing type is less of an issue, but still might be an issue in initial attraction.

NealIRC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This has got to be the silliest worry I've ever seen.

If a girl is into you enough she'll bang you in your car.
Ironically, this is no longer of my worry, because I'm not into White women anymore. I prefer Hispanic girls. But I do wonder if any say Republican girls will live in an apartment with Democratic guys.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ironically, this is no longer of my worry, because I'm not into White women anymore. I prefer Hispanic girls. But I do wonder if any say Republican girls will live in an apartment with Democratic guys.
They don’t care much about these things. Women care about security above all.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this is no longer of my worry, because I'm not into White women anymore.
White women are usually the most judgmental and most fussy about a variety of things.

It's also a specific set of White women. It is White women with a bachelor's degree or higher working white collar, office jobs who are the most fussy and most judgmental.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Size and how modern it is are also factors.

I have a house, but it's old and on the smaller side. So, I will easily be residence-mogged by a guy with a newer/better furnished/more modern (and/or higher square foot) apartment or condo.

Everything has its tradeoffs.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Size and how modern it is are also factors.

I have a house, but it's old and on the smaller side. So, I will easily be residence-mogged by a guy with a newer/better furnished/more modern (and/or higher square foot) apartment or condo.

Everything has its tradeoffs.
Region also matters too. In the Northeast and Midwestern USA, women are more accustomed to older properties. Housing stock of any kind is generally older in these areas.

In Sun Belt states, the typical property is newer so women have more of an expectation of a newer property.

In the Sun Belt, if a man owns an older and smaller home, that won't be viewed as positively. He'll need to have a nice physique to offset that, with a height of 6'0"+ and a good hairline. Also, he might need to drop his standards and date somewhat lesser women. By lesser, this could be less good looking women or women with baggage issues (mental health, single moms, etc.)

NealIRC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They don’t care much about these things. Women care about security above all.
I should say, I've only had part-time and minimum wage job most of my life, and I'm in my mid-30s. So I've never had a job that made more than $30k/year.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I should say, I've only had part-time and minimum wage job most of my life, and I'm in my mid-30s. So I've never had a job that made more than $30k/year.
If you're 35 and only making $30,000/year, you're likely renting in an older property with at least 1 roommate in a less expensive region in a less populated area.

In Dallas, the least expensive one bedroom apartments that are merely adequate will be around $1,300/month. That's going to be an apartment under 625 square feet and 40+ years old but it will at least be in a lower crime/less violent neighborhood.

Last edited:

LTG71

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on the lifestyle people want and can afford to live. To each his own. I would imagine you find a woman from the same area, so you would have a similar lifestyle preferences. Seems like a no brainer to want the best possible for each situation. Your upbringing also influences where you might end up. Find a woman with similar values and ideals. Regardless of color or race, everyone wants the best they can get for their living situation. Women especially since they typically need to be supported by a man to achieve the highest level.

Place like New York or San Francisco. Having an apartment or condo might be desirable. The crowed city might not have space for a house in the middle of everything. No yard and close to the nightlife. Places in walking distance, close proximity to restaurants and stores. Also more noise, chaos and filth.

Suburbs. Of course in that case you would prefer a nice house and never an apartment or condo. Some people don’t want a yard and prefer less responsibility, so maybe a house with a small yard is preferred. Smaller town is more quiet, less crowded but you need to travel farther to get somewhere. It all comes down to what you can afford. Unfortunately the housing prices in California don’t help anyone. Regardless of race, color or gender, the prices are astronomical. Even a six figure salary is not enough for rent let alone a mortgage in some places.

Have a female acquaintance that lives near the beach in Santa Cruz and fantasizes about living in New York so much that she gets the New York Times to read. Seems a bit ridiculous to me but dream away. The fantasy makes it more appealing than the actual truth. I find Santa Cruz to be a sh!t show because it’s too Liberal and dIrty. Homeless and/or high people everywhere you look. Her car is constantly getting broken into but criminals are victims of some prior wrong doing so social unrest and chaos are acceptable. Liberal women in general are nut jobs.

Had to drive to Berkeley the past weekend for a sporting event and it was crowded, dirty and had sh!t parking. You would think with all the great Liberal ideology, this town would have great systems setup to help residents thrive and prosper. Instead there were homeless people camping on the lawn at MLK park and defecating on the sidewalk. Joyfully drove back to the suburbs.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have a female acquaintance that lives near the beach in Santa Cruz and fantasizes about living in New York so much that she gets the New York Times to read. Seems a bit ridiculous to me but dream away. The fantasy makes it more appealing than the actual truth. I find Santa Cruz to be a sh!t show because it’s too Liberal and dIrty. Homeless and/or high people everywhere you look. Her car is constantly getting broken into but criminals are victims of some prior wrong doing so social unrest and chaos are acceptable. Liberal women in general are nut jobs.

Had to drive to Berkeley the past weekend for a sporting event and it was crowded, dirty and had sh!t parking. You would think with all the great Liberal ideology, this town would have great systems setup to help residents thrive and prosper. Instead there were homeless people camping on the lawn at MLK park and defecating on the sidewalk. Joyfully drove back to the suburbs.
Leave California. It is a shiithole. Even a California suburb sucks.

Place like New York or San Francisco. Having an apartment or condo might be desirable. The crowed city might not have space for a house in the middle of everything. No yard and close to the nightlife. Places in walking distance, close proximity to restaurants and stores. Also more noise, chaos and filth.
New York City and San Francisco unmarried, childless women would not expect a man to own a single family home in his 30s/early 40s. There are a few other coastal cities (+ Chicago) that would be similar in that regard on female housing type expectations.

Pedrito0906

Banned
Reaction score
IMO I think younger women wouldn't care, but when they're older I think they will prefer guys with houses since it can be a sign of "security" I guess. Before buying a house I was looking into condos, but the deal breaker for me was I wouldn't have a garage and all other condos are side-by-side with each other. I think if a woman is into you se will adapt as long as you don't live under a bridge and have some potential, again depending on what stage the woman is in her life.

If you can get a house with a good interest rate in a relatively good area, like in my case I got mine at 2.7% in 2019 in the DFW area its worth it, it will be easier to sell in the future if you decide to move, mortgage will be equal or better than rent, and you'll be building some equity. The only down side for me is the yard work, I hate that that $hit.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
when they're older I think they will prefer guys with houses since it can be a sign of "security" I guess.
Yes, this is how older women tend to think. This starts somewhere in their early to mid 30s.

I think if a woman is into you se will adapt as long as you don't live under a bridge and have some potential, again depending on what stage the woman is in her life.
This is true. I think men can get away with living in one bedroom apartments in their 30s/early 40s provided that these are better than average apartments. In the Sun Belt states, that's going to mean newer construction.

I haven't gotten punished in the sexual marketplace for being an apartment renter but that's because I upgraded from an older apartment to a newer construction apartment knowing that females were going to give me that feedback.

Female apartment renters have more positively received my apartment renting status than female homeowners. Additionally, never married/childless female homeowners tend to be more careerist/feminist. There are single mom homeowners who aren't as careerist/feminist, but they usually got the house during their married years. The downside to them is that they are single moms.

If you can get a house with a good interest rate in a relatively good area, like in my case I got mine at 2.7% in 2019 in the DFW area its worth it, it will be easier to sell in the future if you decide to move, mortgage will be equal or better than rent, and you'll be building some equity.
You got a good interest rate by buying in 2019. That's not happening now. The rest of the transaction is debatable. See article below.

The only down side for me is the yard work, I hate that that $hit.
Yes, that is a big downside.

Pedrito0906

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, this is how older women tend to think. This starts somewhere in their early to mid 30s.

This is true. I think men can get away with living in one bedroom apartments in their 30s/early 40s provided that these are better than average apartments. In the Sun Belt states, that's going to mean newer construction.

I haven't gotten punished in the sexual marketplace for being an apartment renter but that's because I upgraded from an older apartment to a newer construction apartment knowing that females were going to give me that feedback.

Female apartment renters have more positively received my apartment renting status than female homeowners. Additionally, never married/childless female homeowners tend to be more careerist/feminist. There are single mom homeowners who aren't as careerist/feminist, but they usually got the house during their married years. The downside to them is that they are single moms.

You got a good interest rate by buying in 2019. That's not happening now. The rest of the transaction is debatable. See article below.

Yes, that is a big downside.
I don't trust nothing from a liberal network like nbc. Owning a house while paying lets say $1800 is better than renting it and paying the mortgage to another person, I haven't done any maintenance repairs for the 3 years I've lived here, however I've increased the equity for more than $100k, the only downside I see is if you wanna move to another state in a few years.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Buying a home is fine, depends on the purpose. I’m never selling my condo in New Jersey. Market rent is $2,300 and it’s walking distance to the train to NYC. Will cash flow it until I die.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

However... in between houses and apartments, is condos. Condos basically look like apartments, but are property.

In some case, there are benefits to condos over houses, and women can prefer that. I'm sure more women would rather raise kids in a house than a condo where you take an elevator and pass security or bellman. But, the main advantage of condos over houses, depending on the location, is home invasion. It's easier to break into someone's home at night in which you would hope to be gun owners, which is less likely and harder to do in a condo.

Other minor benefits to condos are potentially gym, swimming pool, etc., for condo residents, and a sense of community with the people in your hallway which you can be closer to than from a street. But this is a double-edged sword, if you dislike some of your hallway residents, can be more drama.

And for houses in cold areas it's tough to travel for the winter for a few weeks cuz you have to make sure the pipes don't freeze. Usually for condos it wouldn't be like that.

Another downside to condos is usually no garden.
Oh no! It's all over for the real-estate owning cells.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's OVER for Over30Under$30KCels.