Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Personal looks (and balding)

G Money

Don Juan
Reaction score
I hate discussing this topic - I'm really self conscious, but these days my confidence is at such a horrible low point that I don't know who to talk to. I have nobody in my life I can discuss this with so I figured I would turn to the one place I felt comfortable spilling my guts out lol.

I'm early 30s - I been rockin a bald look since I was like 27. It weighed a lot on me then, but I worked out, gained some muscle, tinkered with my facial hair all the time, I still had vigor and the feel of youthfulness in me I guess, and even though it subtley bothered me it wouldn't overwhelm me. Now, being in the place I am, and single, and older and dealing with ****ty issues in my life, my bald look has been bothering me like no tomorrow. I hate looking in the mirror. I can't go out and socialize. My confidence is just shot, and I just don't know what to do. I been considering saving up and going for laser hair removal (so I could at least get rid of the damn shadow around the head, which looks terrible just a day later after shaving my head), or goin to the doc and asking for finestaride and minoxidol and just give that a try.
Has anyone else here dealt with this? Or similar situation... or overcame the problem... please let me know something and tell me what you think of the options I laid out. Greatly appreciate it.

CollegeMan22

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I can’t help you with the balding part specifically, but I have been using minoxidil on my face for about a month and it works like crazy. I had almost no facial hairs and now there are tiny (blonde) hairs growing everywhere. It’s over the counter, btw, so you can get it right now. The only side effect is dry skin, which can be easily dealt with by using a good moisturizer.

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You've just gotta own it man.

I can’t help you with the balding part specifically, but I have been using minoxidil on my face for about a month and it works like crazy. I had almost no facial hairs and now there are tiny (blonde) hairs growing everywhere. It’s over the counter, btw, so you can get it right now. The only side effect is dry skin, which can be easily dealt with by using a good moisturizer.
Those are vellus hairs. They need to shed to become terminal which takes anywhere between 8 weeks to several months. OP could try finasteride/Dutasteride alongside minox, but it normally isn't worth it if he's already bald.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hate discussing this topic - I'm really self conscious, but these days my confidence is at such a horrible low point that I don't know who to talk to. I have nobody in my life I can discuss this with so I figured I would turn to the one place I felt comfortable spilling my guts out lol.

I'm early 30s - I been rockin a bald look since I was like 27. It weighed a lot on me then, but I worked out, gained some muscle, tinkered with my facial hair all the time, I still had vigor and the feel of youthfulness in me I guess, and even though it subtley bothered me it wouldn't overwhelm me. Now, being in the place I am, and single, and older and dealing with ****ty issues in my life, my bald look has been bothering me like no tomorrow. I hate looking in the mirror. I can't go out and socialize. My confidence is just shot, and I just don't know what to do. I been considering saving up and going for laser hair removal (so I could at least get rid of the damn shadow around the head, which looks terrible just a day later after shaving my head), or goin to the doc and asking for finestaride and minoxidol and just give that a try.
Has anyone else here dealt with this? Or similar situation... or overcame the problem... please let me know something and tell me what you think of the options I laid out. Greatly appreciate it.
Some dudebros here on the SS forum have done hair transplant with good results.
Maybe that is the route/opportunity for you too?

Another option is that you just come to terms with it like Dwayne Johnson, Jason Statham, Bruce Willis etc. have done and use it to their advantage; just to name a few guys that has the same issue of becoming bald in a younger age than normal.

Fortune_favors_the_bold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some dudebros here on the SS forum have done hair transplant with good results.
Maybe that is the route/opportunity for you too?

Another option is that you just come to terms with it like Dwayne Johnson, Jason Statham, Bruce Willis etc. have done and use it to their advantage; just to name a few guys that has the same issue of becoming bald in a younger age than normal.
Those guys are ubermanly milionnaires, hardly it could work as good for a 5'7 office employee with average facial shape and jawline plus all those guys are the tough guy archetype which doesnt fit to many men, especially those below 35 that want young girls.

Hair transplant remains the best option for those who can afford in terms of biology and money.

Guys in their 40s can just shave their head and grow some facial hair according to their taste but in such cases muscles are a must.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Those guys are ubermanly milionnaires
They built themselves very masculine which is sort of my point which I thought could be read under the lines without mentioning it.
The strong masculine energy they are radiating to the world is itself very attractive to females.

Yes, the examples I used are rich now which of course levels their game with girls. But the first part is something average Joe can do too.

corsica

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I know what it feels.

Start finasteride asap. It might recover a little but don't expect miracles.

I had two hair transplants. I don't have the same density as when I was in my early twenties but it looks waaaaaay better than before.

I can recommend a good and affordable clinic. I don't take nor expect compensation for it.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

First of all 85% of men will go bald eventually. Let that sink in...if you are in a room with 99 other men , 15 % will have natural hair, and perhaps...10%? will have some kinda "trick" going on. Let's say that from these 75% bald men, 25 are ripped. That leaves 50 % of men looking like shyte while being bald, and that's what creates this negative image around being bald. People focus on the negatives.

Some people/ women will say they dont like a bald man. That means she will limit her pool of potential partners even further. Tyat would mean 15 % of men will have to live up to all her other standards. Normally she'll only like 20% of men, now that number is down to what maybe 3 %? Most women will eventually have to deal with a bald man.

There are 4 mayor options ,actually 5.
nutrition/supplements
-transplant
-micro pigmentation
-hair piece
-or OWN that shyte like a BOSS
They built themselves very masculine which is sort of my point which I thought could be read under the lines without mentioning it.
The strong masculine energy they are radiating to the world is itself very attractive to females.

Yes, the examples I used are rich now which of course levels their game with girls. But the first part is something average Joe can do too.
Exactly . People will say" but but but they have the best personal trainers". Oke, but at the end of the day they'll have to lift the weight themselves, and eat or dont eat shyte themselves. With all the information available today, anyone with the right mindset can be ripped like Henry Cavill.

I cant even imagine those guys with hair. I've seen a Jason Stratham movie where he has hair and it's..not right somehow. Same with the Rock. Think about it. Most badass dudes are big and BALD. There's just something convenient about being a bald warrior. No hair care, no hair pulling in battle..no extra heat ( yes I am balding myself ).

Being bald and ripped is a combination that stood the test of times.
I know what it feels.

Start finasteride asap. It might recover a little but don't expect miracles.

I had two hair transplants. I don't have the same density as when I was in my early twenties but it looks waaaaaay better than before.

I can recommend a good and affordable clinic. I don't take nor expect compensation for it.
Can you please tell us some more about your experiences?

Last edited:

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First of all 85% of men will go bald eventually. Let that sink in...if you are in a room with 99 other men , 15 % will have natural hair, and perhaps...10%? will have some kinda "trick" going on. Let's say that from these 75% bald men, 25 are ripped. That leaves 50 % of men looking like shyte while being bald, and that's what creates this negative image around being bald. People focus on the negatives.

nutrition/supplements
-transplant
-micro pigmentation
-hair piece

Exactly . People will say" but but but they have the best personal trainers". Oke, but at the end of the day they'll have to lift the weight themselves, and eat or dont eat shyte themselves. With all the information available today, anyone with the right mindset can be ripped like Henry Cavill.

I cant even imagine those guys with hair. I've seen a Jason Stratham movie where he has hair and it's..not right somehow. Same with the Rock. Think about it. Most badass dudes are big and BALD. There's just something convenient about being a bald warrior. No hair care, no hair pulling in battle..no extra heat ( yes I am balding myself ).

nutrition/supplements
-transplant
-micro pigmentation
-hair piece

nutrition/supplements
-transplant
-micro pigmentation
-hair piece

Well biology is bytch for some.
But you could try to do the best you can about it if you lost the DNA lottery and got born with shyte genes.

Own it and accept it; like my examples does, I suppose is the best one can do?

Last edited:

corsica

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not sure exactly what experience you're referring to. About being bald or doing the hair transplant.

As for being bald, it took a toll in my self esteem because I had great hair (similar to Brad Pitt in the other post). And I used to be around younger girls (18-25), so me at 30 and bald, I noticed how I looked older and it was more difficult to get girls that age.

I have a good face so I remember girls looking at me and smiling (discreetly) often. Easy to spot interest.
But it could be not looking young anymore in my 30s and expecting the same response from the same age bracket of girls, that the enchantment was over.

Now at 40 and after two hair transplants, I feel more confident. I keep my hair very short. The density ain't there but my hairline is good, and if not under heavy lighting or sunlight, it looks pretty good.

Now it looks like I trim my hair because I want, not because I need.

I don't use Finasteride and my donor area wasn't dense so there wasn't a lot of grafts to take from the sides to put on top.

I can't say I'm 100% happy with the result because there are limitations (density). Going back in time I would do it again, no doubt.

I hope that answer your question.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Hat game and/or Beard game until you find some plates who legit dont care about your baldness

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Short chicks are definitely recommended for balding guys. I was talking to a 5’3” chick the other night for almost an hour. (Any taller and I would have been blown out instantly.)

Tall women hate bald spots the most because it’s right in their face.*

*One actually told me this.

Last edited:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She’s maybe 5-11 to 6’. Her exact words were “I hate being tall. I have to look down on guys’ bald spots.”
That's strange. A 5'11"-6'1" woman would only look down on bald spots if she's dating a shorter guy or wearing heels with a man her same height or about 1-2 inches taller.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Two words: Jason Staham

Bald (when the head is shaved) is nowadays considered masculine.

This is one of those things like age or height. The issue is not that you are bald, is that you let it get to you and that will transpire.

But as others have mentioned, there are options/routes you can take if you have the money and time. Do your research.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
That's strange. A 5'11"-6'1" woman would only look down on bald spots if she's dating a shorter guy or wearing heels with a man her same height or about 1-2 inches taller.
She meant men she had to interact with in day to day life like at work. Not her bfs. She only dated say 6’2” + full hair guys.*

*She later married a solid Big 3 guy.

Last edited:

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not sure exactly what experience you're referring to. About being bald or doing the hair transplant.

As for being bald, it took a toll in my self esteem because I had great hair (similar to Brad Pitt in the other post). And I used to be around younger girls (18-25), so me at 30 and bald, I noticed how I looked older and it was more difficult to get girls that age.

I have a good face so I remember girls looking at me and smiling (discreetly) often. Easy to spot interest.
But it could be not looking young anymore in my 30s and expecting the same response from the same age bracket of girls, that the enchantment was over.

Now at 40 and after two hair transplants, I feel more confident. I keep my hair very short. The density ain't there but my hairline is good, and if not under heavy lighting or sunlight, it looks pretty good.

Now it looks like I trim my hair because I want, not because I need.

I don't use Finasteride and my donor area wasn't dense so there wasn't a lot of grafts to take from the sides to put on top.

I can't say I'm 100% happy with the result because there are limitations (density). Going back in time I would do it again, no doubt.

I hope that answer your question.
-What type did you do( there are two types of transplants)
Did it hurt / negative side effects
-- Where( Turkey, S Korea, Hungary ect)
- are you really satisfied
- do you need medication ,if so, did it effect you erectile function.
- price range( maybe too personal
-do you need to go back or are you done for years