Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Are dogs taking the place of men ?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're 100% accurate. Your feelings are not blinding you from a correct perception but you need to work on your emotional frame. Iron Rule of Tomassi #1 -- Frame is Everything.

Millennials are the most pet obsessed generation in the history of the United States. Dogs are the number 1 pet but there are plenty of Millennial cat ladies. Unattached women tend to own pets more than unattached men. Women aren't equipped to do the single thing as well as men.

A lot of men become pet owners as a result of a long term relationship with a woman with a pre-existing pet. As a result, they are pet cucks. @EyeBRollin has always said he believes childless women who own dogs are on par with single moms of humans. I don't agree but I see the logic.

There are also men who get pets so they can walk them at parks and on paths for the purpose of picking up chicks. As a guy who has gone out on paths to approach strangers, I acknowledge that it would help in certain cases. However, I have done plenty of approaches and arranged some dates on paths with having to pick up dog shiit. I'm glad about that. I've ever arranged an instanteous date on a walking path before. Some men can even get the same day sex from a daygame interaction.

Many women are using pets as a replacement for committed men and children.

I'm not a pet owner. I don't feel like it.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They are still getting their chads from tinder and swipe apps. All that means is less friendzoning of orbiters or beta guy friends. But, why would one want to be friendzoned? In the 00s decade people complained with a passion about being strung along and friendzoned and having two dating ladders. Today people are complaining about Tinder, dogs and with chads monololizing and ruining the dating market for everyone else (ie by making alpha-widows out of lower-tier looks girls for easy lays or fixing dry-spells). Now, more beta guys are lonlier as they can't even have a fake friendship (ie friendzoned). Don't get how things change so drastically decade to decade.

Nobody even brings up friendzoned that much anymore unless its some rare post of thread. Now, with threads like this, it sounds like people are missing this and want it back because it sounds like a social safety net to ease lonliness.

Last edited:

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I personally believe that women get "fur babies" as a pseudo replacement for children/infants. About half of women are still childless by 30 and I feel that as the years progress from here this is going to continue to be a growing statistic.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
I love seeing chicks in their mid-40s on dating apps saying that they don’t have children but would like to have some!

The chances of them having an easy pregnancy and delivery is close to nil.

The delusion is cray.

Travel memoir21

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It’s also the other way around.

To all the single lifelong bachelors, who’d rather not date anymore because they’re tired of playing the game or taking a break, it’s pretty normal for a lot of dudes aswell to get a dog.

My brother had a chocolate labrador which he kept with him for 13 years. He was devastated when he died. That dog probably kept him company on lonely nights.

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
Dogs are the socially accepted version of cats, I see female dog owners as one step below mentally ill.

We_ArE_VeNOM

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone else feel that it seems like every woman has to have a dog these days ?

I feel it kind of replaces physical and emotional connection with men.
Maybe I’m just mad because my lady friend has one and it seems to have replaced me in many ways.
If she aint yo wife or girlfriend, she shouldn't be using you for emotional support (or vice versa).

Only physical support...unless she is fukin the dog.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I personally believe that women get "fur babies" as a pseudo replacement for children/infants. About half of women are still childless by 30 and I feel that as the years progress from here this is going to continue to be a growing statistic.
The "fur babies" are pseudo replacements. Both women in relationships and unattached/marginally attached women are "fur baby" obsessed.

I love seeing chicks in their mid-40s on dating apps saying that they don’t have children but would like to have some!

The delusion is cray.
It's possible that a mid-40s woman could want to adopt a child at that phase of her life. Even becoming a parent by adoption around 42-47 isn't a great path for either biological sex. If you're mid-40s and you adopt a child under 5, you're looking at being 55-60 and dealing with a high schooler at home. Is that really the best way to spend ages 55-60?

For women, they need to realize that they need to have their babies by 35-37. The ship has sailed on babies by then.

Right now, in my local area social circle, there's been an absolute pregnancy frenzy with 32-35 year old women having their "Last Call" 1st babies. This might be their only baby, though some might be young enough to sneak in a 2nd pregnancy.

35-37 isn't a bad guideline for most men either. When men get to be 38+ and are childless, they'd better hope they are rich enough to get a substantially younger girlfriend/wife for children. If a man can't get a much younger girlfriend at that point, his best choice is a childless lifestyle with a similarly aged childless woman whose looks haven't gone to complete shiit.

Most late 30s-mid 40s women are delusional about their pregnancy chances.

Yes and women make the absolute worst dog owners esp male dogs.
I've seen this many times.

One example is from one of my male friends has a pregnant wife right now. He's been with his wife for 10+ years and they've been living together for 5+. years. As soon as they moved in together, they got a dog. I've seen with "dog parenting" skills. They were AWFUL. Part of it is that they picked a shiitty breed of dog but their own choices besides breed ensured that they'd get less than optimal outcomes.

I have another male acquaintance with a currently pregnant wife who has also had dog problems. They've had to muzzle their dog when guests come over. The muzzle came about due to bad initial "dog parenting".

A lot of my local area social circle is filled with a bunch of sheep/lemmings. This is part of why I'm spending more time not socializing with them.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would say that dogs generally become the "children" of dog-owning women. So they aren't directly displacing men in that relationship, but you can be assured that her relationship with her dog WILL impact the relationship you have with her negatively -- whatever that may be.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would say that dogs generally become the "children" of dog-owning women. So they aren't directly displacing men in that relationship, but you can be assured that her relationship with her dog WILL impact the relationship you have with her negatively -- whatever that may be.
Trying to start up a new relationship with a dog-owning woman is often very challenging. Most men end up finding out that the experience is often planning date activities around the needs of the dog, which sounds a lot like dealing with a single mom and her children. This is why many men end up becoming pet cuckolds in committed relationships.

A man who is on an early stage date with dog-owning woman finds that she's often less down for multivenue-ing or anything that's spontaneous. She's often fairly rigid and structured, even with men executing the best Game tactics. Women don't often loosen up well on these dates, because her mind is often elsewhere, thinking about her dog's needs. This is not much different than a single mom and her child. Imagine the disaster of dating a single mom with a dog! She can't be present in the moment, especially when childless women with dogs are barely even present in the moment.

If a man makes it past the early stages with a dog-owning woman, the dog will continue to interfere and negatively impact the relationship.

Cat-owning women are better in the sense of not having a pet interfere with stuff. Cats are more independent and cat-owning women can be more spontaneous, which is good. This is countered by the fact that cat-owning women in general tend to be a bit odd. Also, cat allergies are more common than dog allergies. A man who is allergic to cats is going to have an odd type of relationship with a cat-owning woman.

Finding a petless woman is ideal, but not that easy to do.

When I first moved to my current city in 2011, I was on Match, OkCupid, and Plenty of Fish. I was astounded at how many dog owners there were on these sites at the time. I was 28 then and dealing with mainly 24-28 year olds, which represented the early part of the Millennial generation. At the time, I figured there was something weird about the online dating crowd that made them more likely to be pet (especially dog) owners. As time passed, I realized that it wasn't an occurrence limited to online daters. Millennials are the most pet obsessed generation in US history.

It doesn't matter how you try to arrange dates now. If you're lingering in Barnes & Noble trying to pick up women, there's a good chance you're approaching a dog owner. If you're in a conventional supermarket (think a Kroger or Albertsons brand), you're likely approaching a dog owner and you don't even need to be standing in the pet food aisle. Parks and paths are filled with dog owners.

Women do pet ownership now differently than a few decades ago. When the Boomers and first 2/3rd of Gen X were in their 20s and 30s, they only got pets after they got the suburban houses and married. Starting in the mid-2000s when the Millennials were establishing their adult lives (often after a college graduation), the Millennials decided to break this mold. Millennial women led the charge with this. Millennial women did not want to wait until marriage or suburban home ownership for the dog. They wanted their dog NOW and nothing was going to stop them. That's why single, unattached women owning dogs and pet cuckoldry started to become a thing.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Trying to start up a new relationship with a dog-owning woman is often very challenging. Most men end up finding out that the experience is often planning date activities around the needs of the dog, which sounds a lot like dealing with a single mom and her children. This is why many men end up becoming pet cuckolds in committed relationships.

A man who is on an early stage date with dog-owning woman finds that she's often less down for multivenue-ing or anything that's spontaneous. She's often fairly rigid and structured, even with men executing the best Game tactics. Women don't often loosen up well on these dates, because her mind is often elsewhere, thinking about her dog's needs. This is not much different than a single mom and her child. Imagine the disaster of dating a single mom with a dog! She can't be present in the moment, especially when childless women with dogs are barely even present in the moment.

If a man makes it past the early stages with a dog-owning woman, the dog will continue to interfere and negatively impact the relationship.

Cat-owning women are better in the sense of not having a pet interfere with stuff. Cats are more independent and cat-owning women can be more spontaneous, which is good. This is countered by the fact that cat-owning women in general tend to be a bit odd. Also, cat allergies are more common than dog allergies. A man who is allergic to cats is going to have an odd type of relationship with a cat-owning woman.

Finding a petless woman is ideal, but not that easy to do.

When I first moved to my current city in 2011, I was on Match, OkCupid, and Plenty of Fish. I was astounded at how many dog owners there were on these sites at the time. I was 28 then and dealing with mainly 24-28 year olds, which represented the early part of the Millennial generation. At the time, I figured there was something weird about the online dating crowd that made them more likely to be pet (especially dog) owners. As time passed, I realized that it wasn't an occurrence limited to online daters. Millennials are the most pet obsessed generation in US history.

It doesn't matter how you try to arrange dates now. If you're lingering in Barnes & Noble trying to pick up women, there's a good chance you're approaching a dog owner. If you're in a conventional supermarket (think a Kroger or Albertsons brand), you're likely approaching a dog owner and you don't even need to be standing in the pet food aisle. Parks and paths are filled with dog owners.

Women do pet ownership now differently than a few decades ago. When the Boomers and first 2/3rd of Gen X were in their 20s and 30s, they only got pets after they got the suburban houses and married. Starting in the mid-2000s when the Millennials were establishing their adult lives (often after a college graduation), the Millennials decided to break this mold. Millennial women led the charge with this. Millennial women did not want to wait until marriage or suburban home ownership for the dog. They wanted their dog NOW and nothing was going to stop them. That's why single, unattached women owning dogs and pet cuckoldry started to become a thing.
I don't think dog screening is really necessary up front, but I think you are going to be able to tell the over-zealous dog owners apart from the normal ones very quickly under most circumstances.

This is anecdotal, but I have two examples I have dealt with as far dog ownership negatively impacting my relationship with a woman.

First was by far the worst. Part of that was that this was back in law school about 12 years ago and I was still very blue pilled. A girl I began seeing exclusively for about 4 months had a small dog that she basically treated as her child. The dog had to go everywhere with us, we had to plan everything around letting the dog out at night, feeding the dog, etc. And the worst part was the dog had an absolutely horrible personality - constantly yipping and biting me whenever I was there (probably partly due to being so poorly trained by this girl). The relationship flamed out very quickly because it was just unbearable to be around.

Second was a plate I saw for a bit about a year and a half ago. Given that I had smartened up it was clear this girl was never going to be anything but. She was very hot, but she and an ex of her actually had "joint custody" as she referred to it of her doberman. She actually cried to me at one point how much she missed the dog when it was her ex's turn to see the dog. Had I still been blue pilled I may have been somewhat touched by the level of emotion she felt - but since I had smartened up I knew anything more than plate status was to be avoided like the plague with this woman.

This kind of attachment that a woman gets with a dog is not a good thing for any relationship you plan to have with them.

LTG71

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know a few childless women that I believe fill that void with their pets just like you describe.

You could see this dynamic during the pandemic as well as people adopted pets as a way to have a connection and fight the loneliness.

Stuffnu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In other news, inventory on peanut butter has reached an all time low…

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

The delusion is cray.
yeah and all the trash single moms on SM talking about their imaginery wedding day

they still think someones coming to marry them :rofl:

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

This has 100% been my experience with "dog moms". Their dogs are a complete pain in the ass to work around, and that's before you get to the fact that 50+% of dogs these women get are shelter rescues and have more emotional problems than the woman doing the adopting.

I find cats to be infinitely superior to dogs when it comes to her having a pet, but I'm biased because I've had cats almost all of my life.

One thing that does make perfect sense from a woman's perspective when getting a dog is that they'll have something to defend them if a guy decides to break into their house or come after them in public, assuming they don't get one of the puntable kind.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This has 100% been my experience with "dog moms". Their dogs are a complete pain in the ass to work around, and that's before you get to the fact that 50+% of dogs these women get are shelter rescues and have more emotional problems than the woman doing the adopting.
It is good that more men are waking up to the dog problem and vocalizing it.

It's essentially impossible to screen out all dog owners because too many women have dogs now. However, realizing that dating a woman who owns a dog will be a complete pain in the ass.

You describe a great compound problem. The shelter rescue dogs are already emotionally fuccked up, and then it is compounded by the typical Western White woman and her mental health issues.

logicallefty

Reaction score
I dont mind women having dogs. But when one has potty pads in the kitchen because she’s too lazy to let the dog outside, that’s when I run.