Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

So what's next once you've built your body?

Parallelophone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been dieting down recently, and very soon I will be below a 0.4 waist to height ratio. As lean as I can possibly be without going full Auschwitz. Once I hit this, I'm gonna start a meticulously balanced lean bulk and I won't stop until I hit various other body part ratios I'm trying to hit. I'm trying to bulk with as little fat as possible to impede my hormones.

But this has got me thinking. People like me lift because they believe it'll "open doors" for them. That stuff is supposed to happen that wouldn't otherwise if they hadn't lifted. I feel this way too. But now I'm starting to question it. What's supposed to happen once my arms and chest and shoulders and back are as big as I want? When my face is as lean as I want? Because my face already is lean and nothing's changed in my life from when it wasn't lean.

King Lion

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Exercise your brain now. The more you use it the stronger it gets.

Thinking, reading, and studying will exercise your brain and make you smarter.

Just like the muscles in your body, you need to exercise your brain regularly to keep it strong and working at its best.

Parallelophone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Exercise your brain now. The more you use it the stronger it gets.

Thinking, reading, and studying will exercise your brain and make you smarter.

Just like the muscles in your body, you need to exercise your brain regularly to keep it strong and working at its best.
I already do that, brain stuff was before the body stuff.

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Learn some manly skills, practical stuff. Like carpentry, electrics, plumbing, bricklaying etc.
Nothing better than being able to maintain your own house for the cost of materials
alone. If you're any good at it then you can get paid to do it, usually by women who
can't so much as change a light bulb. Often paid for with their equally useless partners cash.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I already do that, brain stuff was before the body stuff.
Then continue with both.
Doing training at the gym (Running the wright training.) is beneficial for the brain and its capabilities and reading/learning/solving task of both simple and complex nature does that same as the latter.
They come hand in hand.

Parallelophone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Then continue with both.
Doing training at the gym (Running the wright training.) is beneficial for the brain and its capabilities and reading/learning/solving task of both simple and complex nature does that same as the latter.
They come hand in hand.
I mean with regard to the supposed "doors" this was supposed to open for me. When does my life start being "good?" In ways that it couldn't have been if I decided not to lift?

Learn some manly skills, practical stuff. Like carpentry, electrics, plumbing, bricklaying etc.
Nothing better than being able to maintain your own house for the cost of materials
alone. If you're any good at it then you can get paid to do it, usually by women who
can't so much as change a light bulb. Often paid for with their equally useless partners cash.
Is that the perk I'm lifting for? Home improvement? I already have a job.

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is that the perk I'm lifting for? Home improvement? I already have a job.
Ah okay, you're the sort that will sit in his car with a flat tyre and wait for a real man to come
out and fix it for you because you don't want to get your $200 shirt dirty. Fair enough. I can't help
you then, I'm going back out to my shed to fettle my motorcycle a bit more.

Parallelophone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ah okay, you're the sort that will sit in his car with a flat tyre and wait for a real man to come
out and fix it for you because you don't want to get your $200 shirt dirty. Fair enough. I can't help
Are $200 shirts not the way? I'll forgo $200 shirts if changing tires is the path to my goal. It's just that I, like a lot of lifters, thought that life was supposed to improve in noticeable ways once I started lifting.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Forget looks. How about functional fitness?

Can you run an <8 minute mile?
How well can you swim?
Can you do 15 body weight pull ups?
Can you Bench 1.5X, Squat 2X, Deadlift 2.5X your body weight?
Can you ride a bike? At least 20 miles without stopping?
Can you fight?
Can you shoot?

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To be fair, in the major USA cities it is not worth changing a tire. The highways I’m on are dangerous as fvck. 6 lanes worth of traffic - 200,000+ vehicles per day.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I've been dieting down recently, and very soon I will be below a 0.4 waist to height ratio. As lean as I can possibly be without going full Auschwitz. Once I hit this, I'm gonna start a meticulously balanced lean bulk and I won't stop until I hit various other body part ratios I'm trying to hit. I'm trying to bulk with as little fat as possible to impede my hormones.

But this has got me thinking. People like me lift because they believe it'll "open doors" for them. That stuff is supposed to happen that wouldn't otherwise if they hadn't lifted. I feel this way too. But now I'm starting to question it. What's supposed to happen once my arms and chest and shoulders and back are as big as I want? When my face is as lean as I want? Because my face already is lean and nothing's changed in my life from when it wasn't lean.
You should be doing it for yourself, your health and well being, not for anyone else

Parallelophone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Forget looks. How about functional fitness?

Can you run an <8 minute mile?
How well can you swim?
Can you do 15 body weight pull ups?
Can you Bench 1.5X, Squat 2X, Deadlift 2.5X your body weight?
Can you ride a bike? At least 20 miles without stopping?
Can you fight?
Can you shoot?
I'm doing this so I can make sex on prime bitches. Fighting has gotta be one of the most underrated liabilities to that. Yeah, lemme just **** up my face and probably my brain. That'll get me laid.

I do understand how masculine it is though, being able to fight. But as I get older I realize just how lasting and detrimental even the smallest injuries can be.

You should be doing it for yourself, your health and well being, not for anyone else
This was the answer I was expecting/dreading. It happens every time. Lifter is all like "Hey my body is spectacular now, when do girls start liking me? I was told that people would notice me and ask to feel my muscles." The response always comes back "Lmao that was a trick. Anyway you should be lifting for yourself, not for girls."

I don't give a **** about my body except for getting to have sex. Let me make that clear. The only reason I fear STDs is because they would stand in the way of me getting to have more sex. That's how I define "well being." When I be having sex with women I like.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This was the answer I was expecting/dreading. It happens every time. Lifter is all like "Hey my body is spectacular now, when do girls start liking me? I was told that people would notice me and ask to feel my muscles." The response always comes back "Lmao that was a trick. Anyway you should be lifting for yourself, not for girls."
The point of lifting is functional strength. A man needs to have a strong back, legs, and hands. You need to be able to manipulate the environment with your bare hands. You need to be able open, twist, grab, and pull anything. And you need to be able to carry a woman weighing up to 150 lbs in your arms. Preferably up an entire flight of stairs. Bare minimum.

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To be fair, in the major USA cities it is not worth changing a tire. The highways I’m on are dangerous as fvck. 6 lanes worth of traffic - 200,000+ vehicles per day.
One of the most common accidents here is a lorry ploughing into a stranded car. I can change a wheel in
about 6 minutes from star to finish and be on my way again. Recovery can take as much as 4 hours to arrive,
the whole time your vehicle is a sitting duck, so much so that the advice is to not remain in your vehicle and
stay about 30 feet away from it. Target fixation is a real thing, driving right into the obstruction you fully
intended to avoid. Happens a lot with motorcycles but it's not limited to them.

Parallelophone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The point of lifting is functional strength. A man needs to have a strong back, legs, and hands. You need to be able to manipulate the environment with your bare hands. You need to be able open, twist, grab, and pull anything. And you need to be able to carry a woman weighing up to 150 lbs in your arms. Preferably up an entire flight of stairs.
To what end? What does that change about my prospects for getting laid compared to when I couldn't carry a 150 pound woman up a flight of stairs?

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To what end? What does that change about my prospects for getting laid compared to when I couldn't carry a 150 pound woman up a flight of stairs?
There are bare minimum things a man needs to be able to do. I get it, you’re fixated on getting the lay. There is more to life than one night stands. A weak man has limited functional utility. That goes for most kinds of work.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I'm doing this so I can make sex on prime bitches. Fighting has gotta be one of the most underrated liabilities to that. Yeah, lemme just **** up my face and probably my brain. That'll get me laid.

I do understand how masculine it is though, being able to fight. But as I get older I realize just how lasting and detrimental even the smallest injuries can be.

I don't give a **** about my body except for getting to have sex. Let me make that clear. The only reason I fear STDs is because they would stand in the way of me getting to have more sex. That's how I define "well being." When I be having sex with women I like.
If that is what you think is the end goal in life your life is going to be pretty empty.

You'll also probably quickly find out that without anything else it makes zero difference.

Parallelophone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There are bare minimum things a man needs to be able to do. I get it, you’re fixated on getting the lay. There is more to life than one night stands. A weak man has limited functional utility. That goes for most kinds of work.
So if I can't carry a 150 pound woman up a flight of stairs, all of the things that actually are supposed to serve my getting laid won't work? "Game" and so forth?

If that is what you think is the end goal in life your life is going to be pretty empty.

You'll also probably quickly find out that without anything else it makes zero difference.
People have said that. But what else am I supposed to be pursuing? I've had this conversation before and people are usually like "What about X? Me, I think X is a much more important thing to care about." And I tend to respond "I know about X. I'm not interested in X. Frankly, I'm sick of X."

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So if I can't carry a 150 pound woman up a flight of stairs, all of the things that actually are supposed to serve my getting laid won't work? "Game" and so forth?
No need to be disingenuous. The point was clear; men need a base level of strength to do certain tasks a man needs to be able to do. That is one example.

Parallelophone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No need to be disingenuous. The point was clear; men need a base level of strength to do certain tasks a man needs to be able to do. That is one example.
I'm not being disingenuous. Or at the very least, I'm not trying to be. What I'm trying to say is, cut to the chase. How specifically does this make me get laid where otherwise I would be unable to get laid? In clear English, in specific instructions, what am I supposed to do once I'm strong that, could I not do it, Don Juanning is entirely off the table for me?