Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Got turned down by woman on OLD. Feel indifferent about it.

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Was talking to some chick, got her number and started texting. She wanted to see more pics of me so I sent some. She went super cold. After 2 hours, I texted her saying "Damn, am I that ugly? lol" and she was like no, just not my type. I said ok, at least you're honest. Good luck finding your man. Can't win 'um all my friends.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Was talking to some chick, got her number and started texting. She wanted to see more pics of me so I sent some. She went super cold. After 2 hours, I texted her saying "Damn, am I that ugly? lol" and she was like no, just not my type. I said ok, at least you're honest. Good luck finding your man. Can't win 'um all my friends.
OLD can be detrimental to a man's self esteem. What worked for me was taking OLD with a pile of salt. Women are extremely superficial on OLD, and whatever behavior they show shouldn't be taking seriously.

To soften your bow I have a similar, but worst story; Before OLD took off there were these MSN type of chats,where you couldn't even upload a picture. Just a F of a M indicated your sex. Once i chatted up this girl, went to see her without having any clue what she looked like (1,5hour travel) got of the train and got the same message;not my type lol. Tbh I was kinda devastated but it was necessary on my road to become aware of female nature I geuss.

Wise lessons. B1tvhes are ruthless, we men should mirror this behaviour and act accordingly.

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
OLD can be detrimental to a man's self esteem. What worked for me was taking OLD with a pile of salt. Women are extremely superficial on OLD, and whatever behavior they show shouldn't be taking seriously.

To soften your bow I have a similar, but worst story; Before OLD took off there were these MSN type of chats,where you couldn't even upload a picture. Just a F of a M indicated your sex. Once i chatted up this girl, went to see her without having any clue what she looked like (1,5hour travel) got of the train and got the same message;not my type lol. Tbh I was kinda devastated but it was necessary on my road to become aware of female nature I geuss.

Wise lessons. B1tvhes are ruthless, we men should mirror this behaviour and act accordingly.
People keep romanticising the "good old" days of OLD, the truth is it has always been a toxic cesspool.

Women already get enough attention irl, if they have to go online to find a BF there has to be something seriously wrong with her.

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol @Scars you’ve been here a bit. Can’t let that sh!t get to you :)
Your follow up after sending more pics sent shivers down my spine
Not normally my style, but I had to see what was up. Lol

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Yeah it’s not like you didn’t have pics on your profile already. “Not my type”, just means she’s talking to 30 guys and disqualified you for something that’s utterly absurd like “I don’t like his pants”, eh…par for the course.

A female friend told me once to keep my profile super short and nondescript so there isn’t too much to disqualify me…

Women field so many options that they dq for ANYTHING.

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deleted Tinder this week, completely agree about the effects on ones self esteem.
Quite devastating when you don't really have any to start with. Over three years on
there hasn't yielded so much as a date, it got to a point where I was checking it every
day. Full acceptance that I'll never be of interest to females is quite freeing actually, I
only started an account on there after a friend nagged me into it. Needless to say, that
friend is 7/10 female and no doubt her experience of OLD was mainly positive. They
really don't have the slightest insight what it's like to be an average man in this world.
I recently sidestepped my ban on Bumble with a new phone number and email address
and that's even worse, in my specified age range of 35-50 it's just a constant stream of
strong, independent, fatties with a face like a smacked arse and a degree in something I
don't give a toss about. I might swipe right on 1 in 100. I only went back on there for a look
and it's pretty disheartening, that's next for the chop. I think it's time to seriously start
considering buying a dog, a species with a walnut sized brain that has more of a concept
of loyalty, companionship and submissiveness than 99.9% of women, which in itself speaks
volumes.

Cerwin Vega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Would you guys pay for a service that "talks" to these girls and schedules dates with them?

I totally would. OLD sounds like a waste of time and a big ego blow. An affordable service like that would be huge

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Would you guys pay for a service that "talks" to these girls and schedules dates with them?

I totally would. OLD sounds like a waste of time and a big ego blow. An affordable service like that would be huge
Depends but I don't think that's a solution. They don't have other tools that you dont have. So you wanna pay Pookie and Rayray to fix dates on your behalf? Or do you mean a more " professional " dating service? I have no experience other than OLD , but I can imagine those women will be more in the league of professional type of women. Might work for some men though..

Either way you still gotta meet up with the woman and game her right. Ain't no way around that.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People keep romanticising the "good old" days of OLD, the truth is it has always been a toxic cesspool.
This is true. There never was a good time for online dating.

Women field so many options that they dq for ANYTHING.
True

Most girls on OLD are just forever single dog moms in the making. Ignore her
I know of a number of 35-40 year old Millennial women with dogs who are perpetually single and usually on apps.

Cerwin Vega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends but I don't think that's a solution. They don't have other tools that you dont have. So you wanna pay Pookie and Rayray to fix dates on your behalf? Or do you mean a more " professional " dating service? I have no experience other than OLD , but I can imagine those women will be more in the league of professional type of women. Might work for some men though..

Either way you still gotta meet up with the woman and game her right. Ain't no way around that.
About the 2nd part: you're right. Personally, I don't want to face the flakiness and waste time on it, so I've never used OLD.

I've "helped" a couple of friends with meeting girls through Tinder. All it took is 2-3 canned C&F messages and setting up the time and location. It was all a numbers game but they eventually got laid...All you need is 2-3 professional pictures and to spend time on swiping & texting, takes zero courage or game

To soften your bow I have a similar, but worst story; Before OLD took off there were these MSN type of chats
Miss those days. I still remember when I was 16 and would get invited into MSN Messenger groups, and somehow get girls to come over to my house lol. That golden-egg laying goose didn't last long :(

Last edited:
Reaction score
Are y'all actively cold approaching women or something aside from using OLD? I really can't understand how y'all can take rejection from cold approaching a stranger but be upset over a rejection on OLD lol. It makes zero sense lol.

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With OLD, I have learned to never comply with a girl's request for more pics or even more information about me. There are two reasons for this. The first is that it sets the wrong frame. She thinks she is on some kind of throne and you are the peasant crawling on your knees kissing her feet hoping that she selects you. F-that. You are the prize, not her. She should be sending YOU additional pics. If a girl asks me for additional pics I would either next her right there or tell her to send me more pics of her, in which case I would say something like, "Sure, I'll get some together and send them your way. Could you please send me some more pics of you as well - specifically ones that clearly show the shape of your body," since that's the number one thing women hide in their photos with outfits and angles. And I would not send any pics of me unless she sent hers first. The funny thing is, most women will take GREAT offense to this request while at the same time, they are asking you for exactly the same thing for the same reason. Weed those women out by countering their request with your own request.

The second is that I find that women who do this are looking for reasons to disqualify you and are not serious about dating or meeting up. Before I wised up, I found that any time a girl asks you for more information about you or more pics etc, as soon as you provide it, they next you. Most of these women are probably not going out on any dates with anyone and are just looking for an excuse to stay home. This behavior falls into a common pattern many people exhibit - one in which you find excuses and reasons not to do something due to underlying psychological reasons such as fear. Example: A guy goes out with friends to a nightclub to meet women, but when faced with the decision to approach a hot girl, he says, "oh she's not my type" instead of approaching her, in order to ease his fear/anxiety, even if she is totally his type. This is exactly what many women do on OLD.

Same goes for when girls ask you about your hobbies or what you do for work etc. Believe me, the LESS you say about yourself over the dating apps, the better. Be fun, funny, and playful. Dodge the questions in a playful and funny way. Like when she asks you what you do in your time off, tell her you volunteer at a no-kill shelter for fruits and vegetables or that you dive shipwrecks for sunken treasure or whatever. Meeting in-person is the right time and place to discuss more about yourself, and for her to better see how you look and move. You should be choosing photos for your profile that show you well - without sunglasses, without baggy clothes, without tons of filters, without being far away etc. If you do that there is no reason she should need to see additional photos.

CoandaEffect

Don Juan
Reaction score
I had 3 dates arranged this week from OLD, so far 2 have flaked. Third one is on Sunday, it might be 3 for 3. It is unusual to experience that many, I’m just on a bad run. I honestly don’t care, I’ll keep trying.

Don’t let their behavior get you down, there are some good ones out there but you’ve got to keep looking to find them.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With OLD, we say we are indifferent and we may very well think that. But deep down, maybe subconsciously, it does bother us and it does take a toll.

Let's stop kidding ourselves and trying to convince OLD is in any way beneficial to men. We know the algorithms, we know the mindset, and we know the behavior patterns, why are we still trying to convince ourselves that we are indifferent? Maybe numb but deep down it is detrimental.

Modern Man Advice