Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The more immersed I get in the combat sports/martial arts community, the more I realize that there are two types of people.

Veréngárda

Banned
Reaction score
Trained and untrained. That's really it.

People who know for a fact that they can handle themselves.. and people who only have theoretical confidence (90% of the population).

People who train.. even if they're not pros.. are literally a superior minority. They are an actual master race.

I don't just say that from the viewpoint of literal violence either. People who can handle themselves have a certain presence about them that completely changes the rules they operate by compared to normal people.

Honor culture bs just doesn't apply to them since anyone who wants to "teach them a lesson" knows they're most likely going to get executed for trying. I chose the word "executed" for a reason, because the level of confidence a trained person exudes often makes them an unofficial authority figure everywhere they go.. often to the point of overshadowing and straight-up humiliating the "actual" authority in a room.

Even if the trained individual doesn't have refined leadership skills, it doesn't matter since their presence will usually scare the people around them into subservience anyway.

Sure the subordinate, untrained people won't like the trained person.. but when you're trained, you don't have to care if people like you anyway.

What are they gonna do? Try to kick your ass and get severely injured in the process?

"Or shoot you. You never know who's stra-"

Yeah no. Look, we currently live in a society where the vast VAST majority of people are sub-human bitches who think preparation for self-defense isn't necessary, while also believing that they get to assault whoever they want based on how offended they are.

I do know who's strapped. It's basically nobody. Our society is too ****ing stupid for it to be a threat worth considering.

Good thing people who train are better than that right?

They're Ubermensches. Above-humans. They should start being aware of it instead of constantly telling each other things that hold them back from making use of their advantages.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its normal that when you learn new skill you are eager to use it. But let me warn you ; knowing how to fight comes in many levels. A man's appearance might fool you. A fat guy , or a small skinny guy, van go blind fury mode and berserk you.

Its called selfdefence with a reason. The better you get at fighting , the more control you'll have over violent situation, and the more you will be inclined to de-escalate and move. No need to longer proof yourself.

The grave yard is full of "brave"men who underestimated other men.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It seems like everyone is carrying a gun where I live, since my state made concealed carry legal. But I am yet to meet anyone who has trained at all in the scenario of having to wrestle someone trying to take that gun away. The FBI researched the minimum safe distance for an agent to engage with a firearm and not risk still getting stabbed. It was 18 feet, and that is for a very well trained fbi agent. For an average person, it would be considerably farther. I see people with guns who are more dangerous to themselves than anyone else. It's better to not have a weapon than to get it taken away and used against you.

Veréngárda

Banned
Reaction score
It seems like everyone is carrying a gun where I live, since my state made concealed carry legal. But I am yet to meet anyone who has trained at all in the scenario of having to wrestle someone trying to take that gun away. The FBI researched the minimum safe distance for an agent to engage with a firearm and not risk still getting stabbed. It was 18 feet, and that is for a very well trained fbi agent. For an average person, it would be considerably farther. I see people with guns who are more dangerous to themselves than anyone else. It's better to not have a weapon than to get it taken away and used against you.
All the more reason to not consider who's strapped.

Its normal that when you learn new skill you are eager to use it. But let me warn you ; knowing how to fight comes in many levels. A man's appearance might fool you. A fat guy , or a small skinny guy, van go blind fury mode and berserk you.

Its called selfdefence with a reason. The better you get at fighting , the more control you'll have over violent situation, and the more you will be inclined to de-escalate and move. No need to longer proof yourself.

I've thought about this.. but I've noticed that people who can handle themselves can sniff out others like them. Guess they recognize the body language or something.

It's not very common that two people who can fight will do so.. or have any reason to do so.. at least in my experience.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
that is actually a rule, never bring a weapon to a fight if you don't want it used against you

All the more reason to not consider who's strapped.

I've thought about this.. but I've noticed that people who can handle themselves can sniff out others like them. Guess they recognize the body language or something.

It's not very common that two people who can fight will do so.. or have any reason to do so.. at least in my experience.
that is the problem normally, people who just learn are eager to go out, normally will or end dead or in jail, most don't because they belive it only self defense, almost no one really understand or have the mental preparation do deal with it, wha tyoua re seeing now is just the start really, give yourself more time to mature and you will change your idea

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
That’s why you should do Tueller Drills..

But just like a soldier who prays for peace, a CCW grantee is trained to avoid conflict, not to print and to have scalpel share SA. Why? Because hurting another human being is that last thing you want to do. Even in a justifiable shooting you will most likely lose your piece and your concealed carry permit.

Only weak minded punks go out looking for trouble - and oh boy does it find them…

Last edited:

Veréngárda

Banned
Reaction score
Only weak minded punks go out looking for trouble - and oh boy does it find them…
Does this also apply to older men with hero complexes going around and treating people like "punks?"

It's either both ways or neither way. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Veréngárda

Banned
Reaction score
That’s why you should do Tueller Drills..

But just like a soldier who prays for peace, a CCW grantee is trained to avoid conflict, not to print and to have scalpel share SA. Why? Because hurting another human being is that last thing you want to do. Even in a justifiable shooting you will most likely lose your piece and your concealed carry permit.

Does this also apply to older men with hero complexes going around and treating people like "punks?"

It's either both ways or neither way. Can't have your cake and eat it too.
I like how you don't give an answer because you know it'll make you look impossibly stupid.

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

super facts.....

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeh OP, training has totally changed my life. It changed the way I walk and talk. I used to get bullied my 9th grade year when I switched schools. My dad was a nerd that didnt teach me how to fight. I started at 33 but I wish I had started earlier.

I would be careful about the " superior humans" mindset. Life has a way of humbling a person that is looking for violence. Any time I start a fight I get my azz whooped. Training eventually makes you more peaceful because you have nothing to prove. You can approach conflict from a more rational loving perspective. And remember no matter how good you get there is someone out there that is better.

Also remember that its 2022. A lot more people train than you think.

Quick story. I once was about to lose my temper on this dude with a slight pot belly. I thought I could take him. Little did I know this dude was a legit black belt in BJJ and ran a school in the adjacent state. You just never know.

Veréngárda

Banned
Reaction score
Yeh OP, training has totally changed my life. It changed the way I walk and talk. I used to get bullied my 9th grade year when I switched schools. My dad was a nerd that didnt teach me how to fight. I started at 33 but I wish I had started earlier.

I would be careful about the " superior humans" mindset. Life has a way of humbling a person that is looking for violence. Any time I start a fight I get my azz whooped. Training eventually makes you more peaceful because you have nothing to prove. You can approach conflict from a more rational loving perspective. And remember no matter how good you get there is someone out there that is better.

Also remember that its 2022. A lot more people train than you think.

Quick story. I once was about to lose my temper on this dude with a slight pot belly. I thought I could take him. Little did I know this dude was a legit black belt in BJJ and ran a school in the adjacent state. You just never know.
You get your ass kicked anytime and yet.. you're more confident.

Slowhandluke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Between two average normal person, the trained person wins in a fight. Between a psychopath and a trained normal person, the psychopath wins.

Unless u are willing to be more crazy than the other person, u automatically lose.

A crazy person will pull out a knife when you least expect it.. or gouge an eye... or shoot you, or etc.. etc.. to many variables.

Between a stranger and I, there are no fights. I either call the police, or I assume the stranger is a psychopath and he might have a gun... so I should have one ready also and make sure I have a better firing position than him.

Veréngárda

Banned
Reaction score
Between two average normal person, the trained person wins in a fight. Between a psychopath and a trained normal person, the psychopath wins.

Unless u are willing to be more crazy than the other person, u automatically lose.

A crazy person will pull out a knife when you least expect it.. or gouge an eye... or shoot you, or etc.. etc.. to many variables.

Between a stranger and I, there are no fights. I either call the police, or I assume the stranger is a psychopath and he might have a gun... so I should have one ready also and make sure I have a better firing position than him.
And I think the whole psychopath thing is an excuse to not learn to stand up for yourself.