Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Submission fighting/ judo

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I imagine Florida is a hotbed for fighters considering Kimbo slice and Jorge masvidal both came out of Florida, there is a well know history of underground fighting in Florida.
I imagine many MMA gyms opened to cap on that.
Kimbo would run unsanctioned (illegal) fights in his mom's backyard. Obviously in Florida no one cares. If you did that in Illinois, the state would come get you.

There's a YouTube channel called Street Beefs, which is a guy doing the same thing, untrained idiots fighting in a dog pen. Bad fighters can be good entertainment if they are equally matched.

mrskinnypantz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Kimbo would run unsanctioned (illegal) fights in his mom's backyard. Obviously in Florida no one cares. If you did that in Illinois, the state would come get you.

There's a YouTube channel called Street Beefs, which is a guy doing the same thing, untrained idiots fighting in a dog pen. Bad fighters can be good entertainment if they are equally matched.
If you think that I'm suggesting you run an illegal fighting club then your reading skills suck.
Florida is notorious for fighting culture which was the point of my post. Obviously , there are going to be MMA gyms if a state has a fighting culture present.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you think that I'm suggesting you run an illegal fighting club then your reading skills suck.
Florida is notorious for fighting culture which was the point of my post. Obviously , there are going to be MMA gyms if a state has a fighting culture present.
Sanctioning by the state gives an exception to tort law. The rule of civil law is that one may not consent to a tort. So every idiot in Kimbo's back yard could have sued him, his mom, and also their opponent for punching them. I'm pretty sure street beefs guy on YouTube is the same. He probably has nothing to take and would be pointless to sue.

I actually do know someone who ran a single unsanctioned fight in Illinois. They got fined $10k by the state.

mrskinnypantz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sanctioning by the state gives an exception to tort law. The rule of civil law is that one may not consent to a tort. So every idiot in Kimbo's back yard could have sued him, his mom, and also their opponent for punching them. I'm pretty sure street beefs guy on YouTube is the same. He probably has nothing to take and would be pointless to sue.

I actually do know someone who ran a single unsanctioned fight in Illinois. They got fined $10k by the state.
Maybe he should have sanctioned his fights and took the right steps.
Why not take advantage of a culture like fighting and doing it the right way? I'm sure there's plenty of scrappers in IL.

Veréngárda

Banned
Reaction score
I'll have you know that I do plenty of submission wrestling.

Got nothing for you though. Last time I used it in a tournament setting, the ref got pretty upset.. police were called.. guy needed therapy afterwards.. I got his **** all over me and needed three showers to get the smell off.

Three!
Not a good time.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Naga is blowing up thinking about doing no gi
No gi is a lot more popular. Something about being choked with your own clothes is off putting to people. I honestly thought they were turning off the lights in the building. The world fills with blackness from the outside inward, until just a little circle of consciousness is left. I reached into that circle from the blackness, tapped out of the choke, and the world filled itself back in, reverse direction of the way it had been leaving.

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No gi is a lot more popular. Something about being choked with your own clothes is off putting to people. I honestly thought they were turning off the lights in the building. The world fills with blackness from the outside inward, until just a little circle of consciousness is left. I reached into that circle from the blackness, tapped out of the choke, and the world filled itself back in, reverse direction of the way it had been leaving.
Do you do sambo or just bjj?