Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Kettlebell, is it worth it?

Arex036

Reaction score
Recently I started working out seriously. But with my lack of time I prefer doing morning workouts at home as soon as I wake up.
I've been thinking about getting kettlebell and starting to incorporate that in my workout, since it seems like I cant hit certain muscles group.

I wonder is it better to get kettlebell's or just regular bar for single hand with some weights. Btw I live in small apartment and getting anything big would end up taking too much space.

I'm not being lazy about going to the gym or shy. I just don't have time or logistic to go.

I would like to hear your opinion. Should I get kettlebell or regular weights?

firstbornunicorn

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anything is fine as long as you use progressive overload. And yes, you will end up needing one or two 110lbs kettlebells at some point.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
since it seems like I cant hit certain muscles group.
What muscle groups can you only hit with a kettle bell? There's only one exercise that I'd like kettle bells for, which is lying on the floor tricep extensions starting beside the ears. It's hard to do this with dumbbells. Since I can hit triceps with different exercises, I won't invest in kettle bells.

Should I get kettlebell or regular weights?
I vote for barbell and plate loaded dumbbells, resistance bands, and an arm blaster. If you don't want to get a bench that has a preacher curl pad attachment, then arm blasters are the next best thing.

Arex036

Reaction score
What muscle groups can you only hit with a kettle bell?

Cleans, presses, pushes, swings, goblet squats, rows you can hit most of the muscles. I know you cant compare this kettlebell exercises with deadlifts, bench presses, squats, pull ups, and dips.

My logic is if I can get one peace of equipment that doesn't take to much space that might be kettlebell. I don't want to blow to much money on ton of equipment that I don't have space to put in. Also I'm not too sure what will I do will the place I'm currently renting...don't want too much thing to drag with me if I decide to move.

I plan on getting maybe 20~24kg kettlebell. Or dumbbells I'm not sure, but I'm little bit in favor of kettlebell. Movements seems fun, but after few months of working out with that 20kg kettlebell that 8 reps that you could do at the beginning will turn into 56 reps. And now strength workout became cardio..

What do you guys think?

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cleans, presses, pushes, swings, goblet squats, rows you can hit most of the muscles. I know you cant compare this kettlebell exercises with deadlifts, bench presses, squats, pull ups, and dips.

My logic is if I can get one peace of equipment that doesn't take to much space that might be kettlebell. I don't want to blow to much money on ton of equipment that I don't have space to put in. Also I'm not too sure what will I do will the place I'm currently renting...don't want too much thing to drag with me if I decide to move.

I plan on getting maybe 20~24kg kettlebell. Or dumbbells I'm not sure, but I'm little bit in favor of kettlebell. Movements seems fun, but after few months of working out with that 20kg kettlebell that 8 reps that you could do at the beginning will turn into 56 reps. And now strength workout became cardio..

What do you guys think?
I think it's better to get a set of resistance bands. and an arm blaster. I got my bands from liftinglarge. You'll be able to do way more things and progressively overload vs. just having one weight of kettlebells. You'd need kettlebells from 5lbs. on up.

djreez88

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it's better to get a set of resistance bands. and an arm blaster. I got my bands from liftinglarge. You'll be able to do way more things and progressively overload vs. just having one weight of kettlebells. You'd need kettlebells from 5lbs. on up.
I second the resistance bands. You get a good set and they could replace dumbbells. I've been using bodybuilder Ron Williams resistance bands

Arex036

Reaction score
Ok. I'll get some resistance bands for the start. It's not a major investment.

Thanks for the help guys.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok. I'll get some resistance bands for the start. It's not a major investment.

Thanks for the help guys.
Don't get cheap ones, and get an arm blaster. I can't stress the arm blaster enough if you don't have a preacher curl pad.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I had to have just one I'd get the barbells/dumbells. But I think if you like kettlebells you should get them. Enjoying your exercise is a huge thing IMO. And it's not like you're going to fall into flab doing kettlebells. I have some just to break the monotony now and then.

svencandy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes kettlebells are great.
They won't make you a beast like barbell, but kettlebells are superior to dumbbells.

It helps not to think of "muscle groups" with kettlebells.

Clean and press and swing will make you very strong, and swing will work conditioning too.

Not only this but your posture will be greatly improved.

People that diss on kettlebells have never trained them properly and consistently, the peak force of a ~30% BW swing performed correctly is equivalent to a 2x bodyweight deadlift.

Ballistics dont play by the same rules as grinds.

Once you get the swing (hip hinge, aka the strongest movement), and your overhead mobility is good, you can add in snatches, which are the most fun in my opinion.

For beach muscles that pop you can also add in chin ups and dips, and progress your goblet squats to pistol squats.

svencandy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I should also add to that, if you cant press a half bw kettlebell above your head and swing the same bell 10x10 every minute on the minute, you have no business playing with barbell.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Perfect form for those guys^^^ to tear their acls....

typical

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey man I would get a 16kg 24kg and 32kg kettlebell. Look into Pavels kettlebell training programs and throw in some resistance bands and a pull-up bar at home.

This should be enough to get a very fit athletic and defined physique of between 70-90 kgs as long as your diet is good. Once you have a bit more time money and space you could join a gym to get some serious squat dead’s and benchpressing going.

But you can get a very physically taxing workout with just kettlebells resistance bands and pull-ups.