Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Getting into shape - did it help?

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone in the mature forum who got into significantly better shape after the age of 25 and noticed improved reactions from females?

I have never had issues getting girls, but have had a dadbod since the age of ~26 (before that I wasn’t in a super shape). I have now been going to the gym consistently for 3 months and gotten myself a PT. The LBs are shedding very quickly, but am finding it hard to keep up motivation as my day job is very draining (14hr+ workdays).. so am looking for some motivation from mature people who turned their body around and - hopefully - experienced material improvements in reactions from people around them.
I've always been in good shape and I intend to keep it that way for however long I can in this body. To be honest, it's fractional improvement similar to pickup. If you say 1% which is a tiny number, and you say the same for game, it adds up. More importantly, it compounds, and it grows exponentially. Particularly, looking young helps as you get older and pull younger. Girl age 21 the other day. Random pickup. It doesn't guarantee success but it means that you speak the same language. Deterioration comes with age but you can mitigate a slower decline with fitness and health.

I'm a firm believer based upon my experience that you simply live a better quality life. Somebody crushing big macs and fat as ****kkk may some how out live me despite the lifestyle choices I made. I regret nothing.

OP, to put into perspective, I asked for ID the other day. Lulz! I'm assuming genetic predisposition and lifestyle are the reasons. Add in game, add in eons on intermittent fasting (check out the thread), game, and the pulling girls far younger than myself has been the outcome. On average 7-10 + age difference.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It does only help when you have confidence, because many people will try to make you insecure, gaslight you to doubt your value even from the ones who are attracted to you and you will be also often targeted by narcissists
When blue pill, I did a transformation. I went full super sayain. I went to ibiza with a few chodes. 6days a week and dialed in diet consisting of 6 small meals. No cheats. No junk food. I looked like Gaz from gordie shore (frame). Skinny **** but added on lean muscle over 8 months. Full 8 pack. No flex.

The dorks I went with bragged about how strong they were. About how I don't know how to lift. On Vaca in ibiza, they were in for a shock. They were fat as ****kkk but strong only due to their gargantuan carriage. They were gaslighting and insecure.

I went out solo. Met playboy's on the resort. We pulled girls back to some posh hotel. Chick's just turned 18. It was epic. The dorks were back in their rooms fapping. For me, I saw the playboy's run game. It got me realizing that there's a way to get girls. I started learning pickup right after.

I also realized that you need To cut loose people from your past who do not have your back nor want you to succeed. Moreover they will try to sabotage you. They tried and failed. More importantly they saw women's reaction to me and raged. Instead of being happy for me it she'd light on their mediocrity. Fast forward to the present day, both are fatter. 1 is bald living in his mom's basement covered in pizza pockets. 1 is playing house.

There's a reason to cut loose anybody who is against you. Don't look back.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When blue pill, I did a transformation. I went full super sayain. I went to ibiza with a few chodes. 6days a week and dialed in diet consisting of 6 small meals. No cheats. No junk food. I looked like Gaz from gordie shore (frame). Skinny **** but added on lean muscle over 8 months. Full 8 pack. No flex.

The dorks I went with bragged about how strong they were. About how I don't know how to lift. On Vaca in ibiza, they were in for a shock. They were fat as ****kkk but strong only due to their gargantuan carriage. They were gaslighting and insecure.

I went out solo. Met playboy's on the resort. We pulled girls back to some posh hotel. Chick's just turned 18. It was epic. The dorks were back in their rooms fapping. For me, I saw the playboy's run game. It got me realizing that there's a way to get girls. I started learning pickup right after.

I also realized that you need To cut loose people from your past who do not have your back nor want you to succeed. Moreover they will try to sabotage you. They tried and failed. More importantly they saw women's reaction to me and raged. Instead of being happy for me it she'd light on their mediocrity. Fast forward to the present day, both are fatter. 1 is bald living in his mom's basement covered in pizza pockets. 1 is playing house.

There's a reason to cut loose anybody who is against you. Don't look back.
Sometimes you want to help those types. Especially when they were your best buds. But I ran into plenty who just would not listen or even take help. It is like they loved being miserable. I do not know how guys can get addicted to the feeling of misery and depression.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It puts you in a more competitive tier yes.
His "205" might be 20% bf, where his 185 is 12% and 195 is 14%. So at that 20% his face looks pudgy no jawline, and some slop in the midsection. On a guy with alot more muscle 205 might be 10% or less.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Roman Reigns is currently 265 give or take. I know he has a jawline due to seeing him without his full beard before. But even at that weight you can tell he's struggling to keep his bf down. Not to mention those somoan genetics. It takes a lot of work to keep lean the higher your weight goes. Mostly because your body needs lot of energy and you're starving all the time. If I'm already feeling like I need to eat everything in sight at 190, I can only imagine what someone at that weight is requiring.

1654111280951.png

European-DJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I lately made a threat about this, and I’m 185lbs, 185cm and women behaved according to these tiers. I wasn’t the only one, I have friends who go through the same problem. Maybe you identify yourself in it.

The tiers are from pook not from me

I started out around 155 pounds at 6’3 height. This meant that I was very skinny. I was also considered a nice looking guy. Women loved me being tall.

At this point, I had to deal with a lot of fat chicks hitting on me. These girls were BIG and I wanted nothing to do with them. Ugly girls also would come to me. This was me not doing anything. This was what my body was attracting all alone. If I wanted to get a cuter girl, I had to work for it.

I have problems talking to women, not because I am scared or boring, but because I sense the women think I am ‘below’ them. And the truth is that they do.

I date average women.

Already, things have changed. The fat/ugly women still go for me but they don’t think I’m as easy. They want to enter oneitis with me. The ‘unworthy’ girls category would now all be staring at me. To the beautiful women, I’m just a typical guy. Cute girls now enjoy talking to me.

I still date average women and now some cute women.

“You are looking very good,” my older female manager told me. The fat/ugly women no longer hit on me (thank goodness!) and people (out of the blue) are asking why I don’t have a girlfriend. Average girls are beginning to stare.

I date only cute women with some very attractive ones mixed in.

Average girls are now hitting on me. Very attractive women are checking me out. At this stage, every woman is happy to talk to me. They all secretly wonder if I’m gay.

I date more very attractive women but still have the cute ones.

OK, when you don’t have a girlfriend at this stage, the ladies will whisper, “Is he gay?” all the time. One girl got bold about it and asked me point blankly, “Pook, you are cute and all. So why don’t you have a girlfriend?” I was stunned by her bluntness (rare among women).

Average women consider me out of their league. Cute ones try to become my ‘friend’.

I date only very attractive women. Beautiful women are still a bit of an anomaly.

When you get to this stage, something very strange happens. All the attention and staring women gave you is gone (mostly). Ugly/Fat women will despise you as will the average women. Most girls will be scared of you (cute girls, very attractive girls)

Let me give you some examples. One Very Beautiful girl was in several of my classes. I start talking to her and she has plenty of time to leave. But she doesn’t… she stays to keep talking to me. The girls now notice me, but are a bit scared to talk and act around me.

One cute girl is like a leech to me in one of my classes. She must sit right next to me, must ‘borrow my notes’, must talk to me 20 minutes after class everyday…

One Very Beautiful woman was a fitness instructor at my gym (think ‘well muscled’ with nice strong legs (those strong thighs come in handy with her dealings with the Pook-man!)). Every time I saw this girl, she always had a ‘satellite’ boy around her. Who does she end up with? Me.

Or the ultimate example: there was a girl I was in oneitis that drove me to this webpage. As I got bigger, her reactions to me changed as well. At 155, I was ‘average’. At 175, she knew something was up. I got her at 195.

Now I date some Very Attractive women but most are Very Beautiful Women.
I recall reading this post when I first joined the forum some 10’years ago. Did you actually try it and observe similar occurrences? Or are you just referencing his writing (which is awesome)?

European-DJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nope. I was skinny as well and had the same experience only difference is that some, but not all fat women still think they have a chance with me. I think some of you guys should stop fu.c.king fat girls so they don’t get delusional like in my case
Interesting, thank you. I’ve managed to lose 10kg thus far and my (limited) muscle mass is already much more defined. This was in about a month and a half. Target is to lose another 15kg by end of august as I want to have some photos taken to get back onto online dating after being off it since I joined this website some 10-11 years ago

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Roman Reigns is currently 265 give or take. I know he has a jawline due to seeing him without his full beard before. But even at that weight you can tell he's struggling to keep his bf down. Not to mention those somoan genetics. It takes a lot of work to keep lean the higher your weight goes. Mostly because your body needs lot of energy and you're starving all the time. If I'm already feeling like I need to eat everything in sight at 190, I can only imagine what someone at that weight is requiring.

View attachment 8433
Most women would prefer a basketball build over this Defensive End/Large Linebacker size. I mean i'm a linebacker build, but they like slim muscular dudes the most.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A top body is an EVIDENCE that you're healthy in your body and in your mind.

Someone that is not healthy cant build muscle and someone that is not mentally stable cant handle diets and training sessions.

A weak body cannot afford to burn precious resources to build and keep al those muscles.

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone in the mature forum who got into significantly better shape after the age of 25 and noticed improved reactions from females?

I have never had issues getting girls, but have had a dadbod since the age of ~26 (before that I wasn’t in a super shape). I have now been going to the gym consistently for 3 months and gotten myself a PT. The LBs are shedding very quickly, but am finding it hard to keep up motivation as my day job is very draining (14hr+ workdays).. so am looking for some motivation from mature people who turned their body around and - hopefully - experienced material improvements in reactions from people around them.
Being in shape as a man is one of the untold things, since in the past men were measured by bravery and strength, I lost many years of my life because I was out of shape , women attention increase proportionally with your body and face look .

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
Unless you were super fat or skinny before, it won't make much of a difference. I still get the same kind of matches even though I look and dress better.

European-DJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unless you were super fat or skinny before, it won't make much of a difference. I still get the same kind of matches even though I look and dress better.
Interesting. Would have thought it would make a material difference based on comments off other sites (predominantly Reddit)

IKO69

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting. Would have thought it would make a material difference based on comments off other sites (predominantly Reddit)
It does make a big difference. Women just don't express their interest in the way a lot of guys in the street do when they see a hot girl - they start hollering and acting like cornballs. When you get really fit you will notice an increase in getting checked out. You'll notice women look at you and smile more etc.

When sexy time is about to happen or after you been with them, that's when they start telling you how they like your physique etc.

If a good physique (overall good looks) didn't matter Chippendales wouldn't be a thing. Look at what those guys look like - they aren't balding pot bellied guys.

Slowhandluke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If a good physique (overall good looks) didn't matter Chippendales wouldn't be a thing. Look at what those guys look like - they aren't balding pot bellied guys.
As a guy it's hard for me to find other guys attractive. I have to remind myself that chippendale models are hot. That's what a lot of women look for. So yeah, getting into shape helps. I think it's 60-70% of a man's overall attractiveness. If a guy isn't classically attractive, he will still be able to find someone if he's charismatic, have the "right personality" that a particular girl likes, etc..

Physical attractiveness isn't the be all, end all for women; but it sure does help with initial attraction. And now that I think of it, since "flirting with a girl" or "chasing" a girl is somewhat fraught with danger - you know what they say, "it's only sexual harassment if they don't find you attractive". hahahaha... better to be more attractive.

Back in the day, you could be average and chase women; you could slowly make her like you, but the times have change. Talk to older married couples. A lot of times the wife did not initially find the husbands attractive at all. Now women are being told, if an average man flirts with her who she does not find attractive, that's sexual harassments. She listens to this, and look... the marriage rate is in decline... LTR are in decline. Oh well...

Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
To a degree...but nowhere near what some would have you believe on here. And I was in elite shape at my peak.

Borknagar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Yeah man. When I was about 28 I lost a bunch of weight but still was too shy and still had the same mindset but at least I started getting the occasional chick but I had zero game so any action I got was mostly because of my new looks and pure luck. About a year after I started working out and shortly after I got in the best shape of my life a super hot women went home with me from the bar. It was crazy. Her friends tried to take her away while she was sitting on my lap and she kept shooing them away. It was nuts. and I just stood there not knowing what I was supposed to do. hahaha But yes, it will make a difference. Mine was pretty extreme though. 6'2 300lb dropped down to 215lb.

European-DJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah man. When I was about 28 I lost a bunch of weight but still was too shy and still had the same mindset but at least I started getting the occasional chick but I had zero game so any action I got was mostly because of my new looks and pure luck. About a year after I started working out and shortly after I got in the best shape of my life a super hot women went home with me from the bar. It was crazy. Her friends tried to take her away while she was sitting on my lap and she kept shooing them away. It was nuts. and I just stood there not knowing what I was supposed to do. hahaha But yes, it will make a difference. Mine was pretty extreme though. 6'2 300lb dropped down to 215lb.
extreme or not, this is the kind of post that I find motivating.

Borknagar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're chubby it will make a difference. The so called PUAs who claim looks don't matter at just trying to get AFCs to send them money. Looks matter, a lot. No joke. You aren't getting even a 5+ if you're fat(like 30%+ fat )and generally that's the truth. Now you can occasionally get some action but it will be very uncommon. Looks matter, for real.