Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anyone scared to get old?

The Don

Don Juan
Reaction score
You can work out as much as you want. Father time is undefeated...
I think that is bullcrap, if you can't fit in time for yourself, your not fit to be a father. Being healthy is also part of your responsibility. Make it work.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not afraid of it any longer. A year as a city cop and 8 years active duty was plenty for me. I don't recover the same from workouts now in my 30's and ache a bit more, but I accomplished enough. Time to move on in my 30's. If I didn't do any of this for myself, I would be regretting it when 40 rolls around, bullsh!t or not.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Seeing more and more of my relatives getting old and sick. It looks miserable.. having trouble moving, constant aches and pains.. just detoriating away day by day..

These were people that were once so full of life.. it's sad and time passes quick.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Idk about 60s. Maybe Zekko can tell us. I m in mid 50s. Still hair. Lost my tennis last night playing with 3 young guys. But it was close and I wasn't the weakest link.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Idk about 60s. Maybe Zekko can tell us. I m in mid 50s. Still hair. Lost my tennis last night playing with 3 young guys. But it was close and I wasn't the weakest link.
Yeah 50s are probably ok.. but once you hit senior citizen territory another story

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the world will end, as we know it, before that scenario occurs. Look at what happened this year so far and we have not even hit September or November.
People have been saying this every generation for hundreds of years if not longer.

Striker_93

Banned
Reaction score
To be fair, it's no guarantee you're gonna live that long anyway so you might not even need to worry about getting that old

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you spend more effort on your inner life and enjoying people. The stuff you never had time for. My father is at the end of his life. You can see he is scared sometimes but not all the time. My ambition is to have his calm and acceptance when my time comes

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you spend more effort on your inner life and enjoying people. The stuff you never had time for. My father is at the end of his life. You can see he is scared sometimes but not all the time. My ambition is to have his calm and acceptance when my time comes
Is he religious?

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To be fair, it's no guarantee you're gonna live that long anyway so you might not even need to worry about getting that old
In some ways a quick sudden death is better than being old and detoriating...

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He was raised catholic and went to church regularly. He is a very intellectually powerful man i suspect his real beliefs are probably a bit more sophisticated

BuckledWheel

Don Juan
Reaction score
Buy plenty of pyjamas & comfy slippers If you’re worried about getting old & it’s already started be thankful for the opportunity. Many people don’t make it. Take it in your stride & do it gracefully. Stay as fit as you can. Keep your teeth in good condition & if you’re losing your hair shave your head. A lot of men let themselves go way to early because they think they’re getting too old. Embrace it.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I mean really old... When you ache all the time, can't move well... Need others to help you accomplish tasks you see as simple today. Examples tying shoes, walking up stairs etc....

Sucky part of the life process if you ask me

Carpe diem!
Nope I have the balls to shoot myself if it gets that bad

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Philosopy is a classic way to be ready to face death

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Philosopy is a classic way to be ready to face death
Especially the Roman Stoic philosophers. They talk a great deal about old age and death. " 'Rehearse death.' To say this is to tell a person to rehearse his freedom. A person who has learned how to die has unlearned how to be a slave."

Personally, I'd rather go out with a bang than a whimper. When I become too old and feeble and have outlived my usefulness I will hopefully commit suicide or die pushing myself to my limits. In the mean time I will surely do everything I can to stay as fit and healthy as possible. I have every intention as being as strong and capable in my 40s and 50s as I am now.

Too many people just give up on taking care of themselves, their mental and physical health detoriorates, and they cling to life until their last breath. A wretched, pathetic existence in my opinion.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm 59. Some of you sound like bitches. Don't be such bitches. Exercise daily, yoga and cardio are great for any age. They will keep you strong, fit, balanced and flexible. And yoga classes are great for getting female attention. Those bitches will lust after you, even bitches in their 20s if you're in a college town. There is no good reason other than lazieness, why you can't be strong, fit and active well into your 80s when you fall over dead if you'll just get off of your ass and stay off of it.