Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Observations on NYC's scene.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've mentioned Nashville as a city I like, but I also have to say I love Baton Rouge, since I did grad school there. Higher quality women are most certainly in smaller towns - and certainly, college towns. I dig the 5'9" platinum blonde in knee-high leather boots as much as the next guy, but the only real thing I enjoyed about NYC was attending a Late Night with Jimmy Fallon taping.
Eh, yes and no again. I went to school in Athens and lemme tell you, the quality there was awful outside of the Georgia campus. Even with the Georgia campus, good luck trying to score if you are not a part of the inner cliques. Most sorority girls will not get with outsiders, even if you are at the university.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Yes and no. It has some of the hottest white women, not the hottest, due to the fact that every sorority princess or well off girl wants to spend the rest of her twenties in that city. Go to the local talent in NYC and it is abysmal. Jersey has the trashiest white women in the country who always end up fighting. Long Island is a dump full of plastic queens that wear 20 lbs of make up (same can be said of Staten). The only decent chance is you meet some cool chill girl from upstate.
Well by hottest going by just looks not attitude.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I grew up in NYC, and while most of your observations are accurate I can tell you-you have very strong opinions and observations for someone who lived there for only 5 years. It's a big city with a lot of nuances.

Having said that, you are not far off. NYC has changed a lot over the years. Like you, most people that you see in NYC are transplants. For someone who grew up in NYC, those observations are superficial observations.

Modern Man Advice
You are right, NYC has changed a lot in the years. It has become far more WOKE and radically left as opposed to being more center like it was. Big Tech is going to run the NYC culture into the ground.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most sorority girls will not get with outsiders, even if you are at the university.
That happens at most universities within the Greek System. Arizona State is a bit of an exception as it is known for having a lot of attractive women but a smaller percentage of undergrads participating in Greek Life than similar universities in the Sun Belt region.

Part of the appeal of New York City in the past was the 2nd chance aspect. Some men who missed out on the top tier sorority women while they were in college got their chance to get with these top girl ex-sorority women within their first 5 years after graduation.

I haven't heard of this 2nd chance aspect happening as much in Los Angeles with ex UC-Santa Barbara, UCLA, San Diego State, or University of Southern California women.

A must watch, might post a separate thread on it.

Iwatched the video. The pandemic made the worst elements of NYC even worse. After college graduation in the 2000s, I didn't have much interest in NYC due to high costs. I sought out less expensive areas. Now, you're seeing high prices and fewer benefits/more drawbacks to go along with those high prices. In the past, the high prices were more justifiable but never justifiable for me.

It has some of the hottest white women, not the hottest, due to the fact that every sorority princess or well off girl wants to spend the rest of her twenties in that city. Go to the local talent in NYC and it is abysmal. Jersey has the trashiest white women in the country who always end up fighting. Long Island is a dump full of plastic queens that wear 20 lbs of make up (same can be said of Staten). The only decent chance is you meet some cool chill girl from upstate.
What's your take on women who grow up in Manhattan who remain in Manhattan as adults? I don't think that's a big demographic because Manhattan hasn't been family friendly for a long time. I think there are some girls who spend their formative years in the Upper East Side/Upper West Side going to exclusive private schools and then maybe private universities like Columbia or Yale before returning to Manhattan.

A lot of the New Jersey/Staten Island/Long Island crew stay in those areas. I know that a lot of New Jersey people do not like going into Manhattan a lot.

Last edited:

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of the New Jersey/Staten Island/Long Island crew stays in those areas. I know that a lot of New Jersey people do not like going into Manhattan a lot.
Thats cap. They go in often. Ride NJ transit or LIRR when there is a football or hockey game. Lmaoo

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Like the Inside Edition video I posted in the other thread does Cat calling work in NYC? Seems a lot do it. One of the normies said it works 9/10 on women. I guess in the summer a place like NYC just random catcalling shotgun approach eventually does net a couple numbers even if it's 4 out of 100, it's still easier than using OLD it seems in NYC.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
does Cat calling work in NYC? Seems a lot do it.
It could be said that cat calling is a form of street approaching.

Random street approaching happens more in pedestrian oriented cities. The pedestrian oriented cities are the older cities in the USA, the ones that had most of their growth before WWII and the automobile age. New York City is one of those cities.

Tom Torero and Nick Krauser developed the London Daygame Model in London, which is also a lot like NYC.

In the Sun Belt cities, there is not that much of a catcalling or street approaching culture due to lower foot traffic. I mentioned in this in the Dallas thread I made. Go to Dallas, Houston, Denver, or Phoenix and you won't see a lot of catcalling or street approaching. You can do outdoor approaches in Sun Belt/automotive era cities, but it's not going to be random street approaching like it would be done in NYC.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
It could be said that cat calling is a form of street approaching.

Random street approaching happens more in pedestrian oriented cities. The pedestrian oriented cities are the older cities in the USA, the ones that had most of their growth before WWII and the automobile age. New York City is one of those cities.

Tom Torero and Nick Krauser developed the London Daygame Model in London, which is also a lot like NYC.

In the Sun Belt cities, there is not that much of a catcalling or street approaching culture due to lower foot traffic. I mentioned in this in the Dallas thread I made. Go to Dallas, Houston, Denver, or Phoenix and you won't see a lot of catcalling or street approaching. You can do outdoor approaches in Sun Belt/automotive era cities, but it's not going to be random street approaching like it would be done in NYC.
So the women up there are probably used to it as a form of approaching versus other cities they'd possibly take offense.

Gotta be careful there. What if a big 6 foot 4 tyrone is her husband or boyfriend?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So the women up there are probably used to it as a form of approaching versus other cities they'd possibly take offense.
Cat calling and street approaching is more of a part of the culture in NYC than in most other cities, especially the Sun Belt cities that grew after World War II and automobile age. Some NYC women take offense to it. If it were to happen in another city (less likely), some women would take offense to it there.

Those Sun Belt cities don't have enough foot traffic to approach and there's not really a culture of street approaching. As I said, there can be some outdoor approaching in those cities but street stops don't happen. The culture is more of park approaches, walking/hiking path approaches, or beach approaches where applicable.

Gotta be careful there. What if a big 6 foot 4 tyrone is her husband or boyfriend?
Unless he's with her at that moment, which is rare, nothing is going to happen. Most men won't catcall a woman with a large boyfriend/husband.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LMAO @SW15

For one, you have way more than a 5 year time window in NYC to get with those sorority girl types. Seriously, you will be shocked to learn how some men can look young at 35. Unfortunately, the city seems to be in a decline but even then, with my friends that are there its nightlife blows Miami's out of the f-cking water.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LMAO @SW15

For one, you have way more than a 5 year time window in NYC to get with those sorority girl types.
Getting with them within their first 5 years of graduation (typical ages 22-27) will be getting them closer to their peak. I think there are plenty of attractive women 28 and older but it's difficult to compete with a 22-23 year old if you're a 30-31 year old woman.

If the window is more than 5 years, that's more good than bad. The question then becomes.....

How psyched are you to get with a 32 year old ex-sorority sister 10 years after graduation? I'm sure there are plenty of those women in NYC. Every man will have a different answer for that. The 32 year old ex-sorority sister who resides in NYC still likely is pursued heavily, especially if she's using a swipe app.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Getting with them within their first 5 years of graduation (typical ages 22-27) will be getting them closer to their peak. I think there are plenty of attractive women 28 and older but it's difficult to compete with a 22-23 year old if you're a 30-31 year old woman.

If the window is more than 5 years, that's more good than bad. The question then becomes.....

How psyched are you to get with a 32 year old ex-sorority sister 10 years after graduation? I'm sure there are plenty of those women in NYC. Every man will have a different answer for that. The 32 year old ex-sorority sister who resides in NYC still likely is pursued heavily, especially if she's using a swipe app.
Alright I misread, I thought you were talking about being a man. You can be older than 30 and get that sorority girl fresh outta college.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright I misread, I thought you were talking about being a man. You can be older than 30 and get that sorority girl fresh outta college.
Yes. Plenty of men 30+ are going for new graduates (22-25).

In NYC, it's more normal to be a 30, 35 or 40 male, never married, and childless than in a lot of other parts of the USA. In non-coastal parts of the USA, a lot of the natural type seducers who put up big notch counts often try to settle down between 27-32 or so.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Williamsburg is one neighborhood in Brooklyn, which has 2.5 million people. I always find it funny when people equate Williamsburg with "Brooklyn." (And half of it is Hasidic, so the part you're describing, the Bedford stop up to Metropolitan Ave, isn't even all of Williamsburg.) Though I do find that neighborhood obnoxious, and I agree Manhattan is tops for night life, I had many, many great nights in South Brooklyn and other neighborhoods.

However I'm not a club guy so my experience is probably different. I do like how hotel bars in Manhattan are hip and wild, with lots of travelers looking to party hard.
What are some hotel bars you recommend in Manhattan

also any rooftops or lounges that are popping please let us know

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What are some hotel bars you recommend in Manhattan

also any rooftops or lounges that are popping please let us know
Well it's been a while since I've lived there so can't vouch that they're around or hip...The Crosby, The Gramercy, the Soho Grand, The Roxy, and any hotel with a rooftop bar (there are a lot, I don't know them all). One good rooftop is the Wythe in (yes) Williamsburg, but it's got a great view of the skyline.

I usually stayed south of 14th Street but not a hard and fast rule.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What I don't understand is, if rent is 2500 plus a month, how do low level workers survive? People like baristas, fast food workers, cashiers, ect...