Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Desdinova! Where the fvck have you been?

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey all, haven't been here in a while. I'm going to be 100% honest, it's a bit difficult to relate to the forum when you've been in a LTR for the last 6 years, but I still like to pop in once in a while. Lots has been happening in my life, and I'm on a bit of a rollercoaster ride. The only thing that's been really stable is my relationship.

The combination of the pandemic and quitting my job in health care has been difficult. I'm a very social person, so I've essentially lost most of my human interaction. I quit my health care job because new management took over, didn't like what arrangements the old management had with me, and essentially screwed me over by making a new policy that only affected me. I went to the union and they wouldn't go to bat for me. Regardless of how well I represented the company and how much the clients appreciated me, they cared less about my 13 years of service and went out of their way to screw me. I was one of six people to quit in a short amount of time which just goes to show that it wasn't just my opinion.

I took another job which I worked at for four months until they laid me off because of the lack of work for the Winter. Lots of guys would take advantage of that time to sit around and play video games. Not me. Instead, I took the time to work towards starting my own business. I mean, that's been the plan for the last 2-3 years, but now I had the time to actually work on it.

I'm working towards opening my own for-profit thrift store. I already own the building, but it needed some rennovations which I was able to get done. All I have left is to acquire shelving and racking which mainly consists of seeking it out and picking it up. I already have a pile of inventory in one of my storage sheds which I worked on acquiring last year. However, I can't stay on EI forever, so I need to get back to doing a normal job, so I'm on the hunt. The high gas prices have convinced me to look for something a bit closer to home.

I'll be opening my store at the beginning of July. The plan is for the GF to be running it for the duration of the summer (when she is normally off work) and see how it does for those two months. If it does well, I'll quit my job and just run the store. If it's not doing well, she'll be staying in the store since she makes less income.

So that's what I've been busy with. I'm always looking to progress in life, and this is my next step. Hopefully this will be my last job change until retirement. And yes, I have money put away for that.

Konada

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Totally understand about the part of having an LTR and finding it difficult to relate to most of the forum, I'm in similar shoes too.

Anyway, welcome back and great to see you around.

Is this the 21 yo girl that you are in a LTR with?

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good luck with the upcoming thrift store.
Back before ebay, I used to get up early for the thrill of the score and then consign at various places. Back then, I knew the market so well that I was able scale back my real job to part-time.

Sorry to read about your situations. Keep us posted on your new upcoming thrift store.

Chuck Taylor

Banned
Reaction score
Good luck with the upcoming thrift store.
Back before ebay, I used to get up early for the thrill of the score and then consign at various places. Back then, I knew the market so well that I was able scale back my real job to part-time.

Sorry to read about your situations. Keep us posted on your new upcoming thrift store.
I miss the thrift store. They're pretty hard to come by nowdays. I used to be able to buy a tie for 49 cents.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So being a red-pill guy but simultaneously being in an LTR - what are the keys for keeping the woman in line that long and maintaining strong frame? We always say the rules change a bit once in an LTR - how do they change in your estimation?

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice, sounds like you're in a good spot, starting your own thing. Screw the corporate 9-5 world. And your GF is working for you during her vacation, that's solid compliance (assuming she's excited about it).

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Welcome back. Happy to hear your LTR is doing well. I´m in a new LTR since December, 0 fights so far.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice to see you Des! Glad things are solid with your girlfriend! Wish you tremendous success in the business! You have style and panache and I’m sure that will translate well!

Cheers

spred

Don Juan
Reaction score
Welcome back! Around 10 years ago when I first lurked this forum, I enjoyed very much your posts and advice!
Tbh I thought you died or something

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey all, haven't been here in a while. I'm going to be 100% honest, it's a bit difficult to relate to the forum when you've been in a LTR for the last 6 years, but I still like to pop in once in a while. Lots has been happening in my life, and I'm on a bit of a rollercoaster ride. The only thing that's been really stable is my relationship.
I totally understand this feeling.

I've learned what i could have learned from the community. Married, have a kid, and doing well for myself. Dated a bunch of women, learned to deal with female bs, recovered from the toxic relationship that drove me to this forum, and am still in decent shape.

This forum has definitely helped me recover and regain my confidence and learn to become a better man but my life is relatively busy which has lead me away from the forum for months on end. I guess its a good thing when people actually come here for help and have received it.

I do try to come back now and again to give back.