Girl says "I'm down, if you're willing to buy me food lol"

Kdw8

Don Juan
Reaction score
Your over here wanting sex out of her, but can't get her no darn food? People's time isnt free. Heck i would turn down hanging out (espeically with people I barley know) if food wasn't involved even as a man :rofl:. Was her tone rude or snippy? If you don't want to do it, leave it alone and let someone else take care of her, valentines day is around the corner women are gonna be expecting a hand and leg.

Velasco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"yeah that sounds good, but"
"Oh I'd love to but"

When you hear this, it's when it should be obvious.

But even before that there's subtle signs we tend to ignore as no big deal in the moment, but shouldn't. Hindsight is 20/20.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why would you show your cards like this?

You should read the DJ Bible
She's showing her cards, actually. The "I'm down" in the headline means down for food, not d1ck. OP had one date a month prior that only ended in a kiss and the girl habitually responds to texts hours later.

This is a recipe for a low-quality date.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Me: Grab something to eat, then back to my place?
Her: For what? lmao
Me: That's where we have dessert
Her: lol, sounds good but I have to work Saturday morning :(
You: That's fine, I'll find someone else to go out with. Can't have you tired for work ;)

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She's showing her cards, actually. The "I'm down" in the headline means down for food, not d1ck. OP had one date a month prior that only ended in a kiss and the girl habitually responds to texts hours later.

This is a recipe for a low-quality date.
I don't think she's interested. Id leave it alone. Women know exactly what "back to my place means", dude. It's obvious.
She requires a date before the panties drop. OP showed his hand way too soon.

GreatHornedOwl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you're right EyeBRollin. Not every girl is a slvt and wants to jump into bed right away.

And we had talked before and she had mentioned she was looking for something "casual". That's the only reason I mentioned going back to my place.

Velasco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He's been on dates that ended up with him with his **** in hand. Therefore developed that spidey sense. Ignore your own intuition at your own peril and instead listening to the advice of a woman and Mr. Wallet.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The simple fact that you're askind here while being annoyed, confused and stressed about the situation should be a clear indicator.

Velasco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Her way of saying yes in a fun playful way
Hows that playful tho.

Chick invites me to event and I respond, "sure. You buying the ticket tho, right?"

She gonna think im just being playful? Nah this nigga tryna make me pay for this ticket. Get your own ticket boy

Even if she was being playful.

Ib response to my deadpan "nah"

If she's was interested in him and not the meal, she can be "fine .____. "

One of the old school things I read about, that hasn't happen to me in a minute, is chicks flirting with you, just to get you to buy them a free drink.

Nowadays chicks pay for their own drink. They're own food cuz they got bread. Especially here in new York. Last week. I approached this girl that I ended up taking home from the bar, with tryna find out some details about how her and her ex broke up. She said, "I'll need to buy a drink first".

Furthest thing from my mind was, "ah sh1t now I gotta buy this chick a drink".

Last edited:

Billtx49

Reaction score
when a man invites me out on a second date to a restaurant, I do expect that he will pay.

Is that an unreasonable expectation? Serious question.
When a man asks a woman out for dinner, he pays. No woman I know of likes a man that shirks his self created responsibility…

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do not yield into her frame (buying her dinner). She is giving you a compliance test. Ignore her comment and make a new plan to go where you want to go. “Nah. There is this really cool place I know. Let’s check it out. Is Tuesday or Wednesday night better for you?”

Take the initiative and call her. Your chances are much better compared to texting.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tell her "sure, I will buy you the biggest convenience store hot dog you can swallow as long as you buy my all my drinks. Deal??? Drinks first, See you at 7pm Thursday at XYZ bar and grill.

Velasco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well she did put lol after the comment which suggests she was joking around, being playful.
Hey wanna hang out this weekend?
No lol.

Lololol what a jokester.

I live in NY too, 50% of the time anyway, and I was born and raised in NY, and when a man invites me out on a second date to a restaurant, I do expect that he will pay.

Is that an unreasonable expectation? Serious question
You sound over 30. But no that's not an unreasonable expectation. You can totally go in with whatever expectation you choose.

However there's a difference between "if your willing to buy me food lol" and answering "yuuumm. I love Mexican. What time were you thinking"? => going in with the expectation that he's gonna pay for both of y'all if you go.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When a woman makes a demand...especially if she giggles or texts an "LOL" type response , that is game on for smart ass agree and amplify scenarios from you...

"Aw baby I m pulling out all the stops for us.... I got a whole package of Saltine crackers and the NAME brand Tuna..NOT the Generic!"

Play on her phasing of "Buy me Food".....Say "Ok I'll have to see what's in your Fridge already, and what coupons you have clipped this week...I like to his Aldi on Thursdays when I can get the Day old pastries...." But seriously, Grocery shopping dates can be fun.

But seriously, if you want any amount of this girls time it is going to span a meal....Be frickin' inventive. Pack a picnic, Roast marshmallows, fix her dinner at her place/your place with ingredients on hand. Doesn't have to be a restaurant dinner (like all the other boys). Be different and inventive. After all you gotta eat too. Just include her in that.....