Don't rule out work as a place to meet women

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know a lot of people say, don't **** where you eat, but compared to other options (bars/clubs, online dating) what else do you have really?

Think about it, work is one of the few places where you really get to know a woman and see her quite often (maybe not every day, but enough)

On the flip side I don't advise dating a woman who works in your department in a career that you care about. If she works for the same company, but works on a different floor or different building, why not?

Another good idea is to get a part-time job (second job) at a place where the woman/guy ratio is good (Starbucks, restaurant)

You ever notice Starbucks always has a lot more women working there than men? I was in one today and there were at least three young hot women working there and I didn't see one guy.

I think restaurants/bars are also good since the ratio is at least 50/50.

On the flip side, gyms don't seem like good places to work (if you want to meet women)

I go to an LA Fitness. There are 3 or 4 attractive women that work there, but there are about TWELVES GUYS that work there, not a good ratio.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sometimes I see there is a charismatic chad-lite guy at work that's has great rapport with the chicks, and you see another guy working next to him that's basically ignored most of the time (beyond just providing service) and looks sad, lol! All it takes is one chad guy working there to spoil everything. It all depends on who the competition is, not the ratios.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know a lot of people say, don't **** where you eat, but compared to other options (bars/clubs, online dating) what else do you have really?

Think about it, work is one of the few places where you really get to know a woman and see her quite often (maybe not every day, but enough)

On the flip side I don't advise dating a woman who works in your department in a career that you care about. If she works for the same company, but works on a different floor or different building, why not?

Another good idea is to get a part-time job (second job) at a place where the woman/guy ratio is good (Starbucks, restaurant)

You ever notice Starbucks always has a lot more women working there than men? I was in one today and there were at least three young hot women working there and I didn't see one guy.

On the flip side, gyms don't seem like good places to work (if you want to meet women)

I go to an LA Fitness. There are 3 or 4 attractive women that work there, but there are about TWELVES GUYS that work there, not a good ratio.
The point isn't that you CAN'T get sex in these places. You can. The point is that the risk greatly outweighs any potential reward. Also, you lose the chance to have these chicks become excellent social proof for you. If you have good looking women at work, DO still build rapport with them. But either wait until they leave the job or have them introduce you to other women they know.

Experience is the best teacher for some. You may find out the hard way why having a romantic relationship in the workplace is not a good thing.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The point isn't that you CAN'T get sex in these places. You can. The point is that the risk greatly outweighs any potential reward. Also, you lose the chance to have these chicks become excellent social proof for you. If you have good looking women at work, DO still build rapport with them. But either wait until they leave the job or have them introduce you to other women they know.

Experience is the best teacher for some. You may find out the hard way why having a romantic relationship in the workplace is not a good thing.
Good points, but if it's a part-time gig that you really don't care about------no harm, no foul.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good points, but if it's a part-time gig that you really don't care about------no harm, no foul.
Still not worth it. Wait until you get some type of sexual harassment claim that follows you the rest of your life for employment purposes. I am amazed in this day in age how desperate some people are that they would run this risk. But I digress.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a fair point. Dating a fellow waiter of "barista" is not the same thing as dating coworkers in a white collar profession. As long as you don't care about losing your job due to false sexual harassment allegations, you're good to go.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Was watching Mad Men. The office vixen noted the Dan Draper was the only guy in the office who hadn’t come-on to her. She remarked ‘he’s good looking enough that he doesn’t need to get some from work.’

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

Great way to get fired to sexual harassment and find yourself unemployable.

Velasco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The guys talking about sexual harassment are living in fear. This is why now that I'm in my late 20s and spent the better part of my 20s doing cold approach in bars and clubs (environments where there is little repercussions for totally fvcking up) where I learned social calibration/signs. When to back off/when to persist, etc I think work is where you should be picking up chicks and have casual relationships with them (also don't wanna be that guy doing cold approach in his 30s-40s cuz he has no other choice. Not naming any names).

Think about it

Everytime there is post here about sexual harassment its about a guy that is nothing like you (assuming, you, the person reading this is not a weirdo)

gives you a social circle with hot girls without you having to do any of the work building social circles from scratch require (how many posts are there about social circles here and the responses is pretty.basic advice that's been given since 2008ish. Volunteer, meetup, salsa classes blah blah

and again I'm talking about the "barista/waiter" type not the white collar profession type (have noone but to blame but yourself for pursuing that field) where there is high turnover aka new rotation of chicks coming in every couple months to game.

Last edited:

Willie Naylor

Banned
Reaction score
I'll take this a step further. Never even hire a woman to work for you. Male assistants only.

Heck, working WITH women is a hassle. I'm not able to tell the jokes I normally tell when there's women in the office.

Hal9000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just remember that a woman will flirt with you, laugh at your jokes and make you feel like she's totally in to you, until she isn't. Then they will bring down the wrath of God on you and share everything you've ever said with people whose only job is to get rid of guys like you. Don't say you haven't been warned.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Still not worth it. Wait until you get some type of sexual harassment claim that follows you the rest of your life for employment purposes. I am amazed in this day in age how desperate some people are that they would run this risk. But I digress.
You guys are paranoid.

I guarantee you that cute personal trainer at your gym or that cute bartender/waitress is sleeping with or hooking up with a male that works there.

If you ask out a woman at work and she says no that's not sexual harassment. If you ask a second time after she already said "no" than she has a case against you.

Btw, I know a few couples at my current job that met at work. It would of been another great missed opportunity if the male lived in fear because of sexual harassment.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Part-time gig sure. Just don’t do it on the job that pays the rent/mortgage.

Also, you can get phone numbers on your way out. Before I left my last job I made sure to get 3 phone numbers. Got em right after my 2 week notice.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The guys talking about sexual harassment are living in fear. This is why now that I'm in my late 20s and spent the better part of my 20s doing cold approach in bars and clubs (environments where there is little repercussions for totally fvcking up) where I learned social calibration/signs. When to back off/when to persist, etc I think work is where you should be picking up chicks and have casual relationships with them (also don't wanna be that guy doing cold approach in his 30s-40s cuz he has no other choice. Not naming any names).

Think about it

Everytime there is post here about sexual harassment its about a guy that is nothing like you (assuming, you, the person reading this is not a weirdo)

gives you a social circle with hot girls without you having to do any of the work building social circles from scratch require (how many posts are there about social circles here and the responses is pretty.basic advice that's been given since 2008ish. Volunteer, meetup, salsa classes blah blah

and again I'm talking about the "barista/waiter" type not the white collar profession type (have noone but to blame but yourself for pursuing that field) where there is high turnover aka new rotation of chicks coming in every couple months to game.
Hey, bud. No one is “living in fear.” It’s just the way of the world. But please, tell us how we’re all wrong since you are in your “late 20s” and are so erudite.

Your posts constantly wreak of humble brag and condescension. I know you think you have the all answers, but quite frankly you’re wrong. This kind of thing happens every day unfortunately. Can you likely get away with it? Sure. Just because you can do a thing doesn’t mean you should, however.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys are paranoid.

I guarantee you that cute personal trainer at your gym or that cute bartender/waitress is sleeping with or hooking up with a male that works there.

If you ask out a woman at work and she says no that's not sexual harassment. If you ask a second time after she already said "no" than she has a case against you.

Btw, I know a few couples at my current job that met at work. It would of been another great missed opportunity if the male lived in fear because of sexual harassment.
You (and others here) are going to do what you’re going to do. But - It’s stupid and not worth the risk if you have a great career going. If you are so desperate for pvssy that you can’t separate it out from your workplace, that’s on you. There is no paranoia here - our society is rife with examples of this type of thing interfering and sometimes even derailing a man’s career.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I date women from work. Been doing it for years and know a **** load of people who met their significant other at work. Just gotta choose carefully and hopefully you both can be adults if it doesn't work out.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I date women from work. Been doing it for years and know a **** load of people who met their significant other at work. Just gotta choose carefully and hopefully you both can be adults if it doesn't work out.
Amen brotha.

I know teachers always seem to marry other teachers. Where did the meet? Work of course.....

As I have said, where else are you going to meet? Online dating is a joke and the bars/clubs are not ideal.

That leaves you with social circle (most guys don't have a great one), the gym (not great), cold approaches on the street (usually doesn't work)