Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Californication Discussion

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I wasn’t attacking the forum member in my last thread.

I’m currently rewatching Californication and I notice that The character played by Duchovny is feminine probably a dandy. Anyone else notice this? Thoughts? I just want to discuss the tv show thanks

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Been watching this with my brother as stated. I also watch “two and a half men” on my own time. There was an episode where Alan gets a Porsche and the underlying message was that it’s gay or only girls get Porsches. Meanwhile Hank drives a Porsche in californication. I thought that was interesting.

Also last episode he paid for sex and keeps simping on Karen. It’s actually quite obvious that Moody is a needy beta in the show. It’s only written that he has success with women but I doubt most of his “charm” would work in real life. There are some truly Alpha moments and some good examples of push and pull from what I remember but so far I’m noticing much more beta qualities

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why don't you ask the man himself? He might just be here on this board lmao

I don't know if he's a beta though, more of a needy alpha.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
So I wasn’t attacking the forum member in my last thread.

I’m currently rewatching Californication and I notice that The character played by Duchovny is feminine probably a dandy. Anyone else notice this? Thoughts? I just want to discuss the tv show thanks
It's a tv show dude. It's based on one dude's perspective, Tom Kapinos.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I also watch “two and a half men” on my own time. There was an episode where Alan gets a Porsche and the underlying message was that it’s gay or only girls get Porsches. Meanwhile Hank drives a Porsche in californication. I thought that was interesting.
Alan Harper drives a Porsche Boxster in one episode (he normally drives an older Volvo) and Hank Moody has a Porsche 911 (964 generation, 1989-1994 model years). A 911 is considered the classic Porsche and the Boxster is considered an effeminate roadster.

Last edited:

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alan Harper drives a Porsche Boxster and Hank Moody has a Porsche 911 (964 generation, 1989-1994 model years). A 911 is considered the classic Porsche and the Boxster is considered an effiminate roadster.
i didn’t know that, thanks for clarifying. I’m not a car guy at all. All the males in my family are and they all pvssy whipped. I think a long time ago I decided I wanted to be nothing like them.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i didn’t know that, thanks for clarifying. I’m not a car guy at all. All the males in my family are and they all pvssy whipped. I think a long time ago I decided I wanted to be nothing like them.
Being into cars is neither alpha/sigma nor beta/omega.

Omega male Eliot Rodger thought his BMW 3 Series was going to help him get laid. It did not.

Plenty of beta males are into cars. Sometimes it helps them with women and other times it doesn't. A good portion of beta males manage to keep girlfriends. In fact, most beta males are not solely simps online. Most get into LTRs that eventually get stale after multiple years.

It is somewhat of a silly thing that one Porsche model has an effeminate perception mainly due to styling and another doesn't.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Being into cars is neither alpha/sigma nor beta/omega.

Omega male Eliot Rodger thought his BMW 3 Series was going to help him get laid. It did not.

Plenty of beta males are into cars. Sometimes it helps them with women and other times it doesn't. A good portion of beta males manage to keep girlfriends. In fact, most beta males are not solely simps online. Most get into LTRs that eventually get stale after multiple years.

It is somewhat of a silly thing that one Porsche model has an effeminate perception mainly due to styling and another doesn't.
Agree with all that. Car talk is so… bleh. I prefer stocks or psychology. Understanding things to increase my personal power not jacking off to car mods.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hank Moody is a flawed character. That is the basis of everything that happens in The show. He can get women easily. And that is the problem with his relationship with the mother of his child. He wants to have his cake and eat it too.

I think if you can learn anything from his character it is how to deal with high interest women and not over game them.

His agent is a perfect example of a try hard individual. He has the goal of breaking 100 leas. And you see how empty that accomplishment is for him.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Car talk is so… bleh. I prefer stocks or psychology. Understanding things to increase my personal power not jacking off to car mods.
There is usefulness in knowing how a car works. It can help you with sounding smarter when you interact with personnel at your auto repair facility. A lot of modding isn't necessary.

Think about this...I am more employable if I go to trade school and get an ASE certification vs. me getting a BA/BS in Psychology. Various repair facilities are clamoring for mechanics. Psychology doesn't become useful for employment in that discipline unless you have a master's degree or PhD. Those who hold BA/BS degrees in Psychology often end up working in sales. That person might be the one who sells you the car at the dealership.

The stock market is a wild beast.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hank Moody is a flawed character. That is the basis of everything that happens in The show. He can get women easily. And that is the problem with his relationship with the mother of his child. He wants to have his cake and eat it too.

I think if you can learn anything from his character it is how to deal with high interest women and not over game them.

His agent is a perfect example of a try hard individual. He has the goal of breaking 100 leas. And you see how empty that accomplishment is for him.
Smh this is exactly what they want the audience to feel. I’m arguing that Moody is a relatable to the masses (betas) who is shown to be good with women so guys can feel
Misunderstood and good about the good old days back in college or whatever

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is usefulness in knowing how a car works. It can help you with sounding smarter when you interact with personnel at your auto repair facility. A lot of modding isn't necessary.

Think about this...I am more employable if I go to trade school and get an ASE certification vs. me getting a BA/BS in Psychology. Various repair facilities are clamoring for mechanics. Psychology doesn't become useful for employment in that discipline unless you have a master's degree or PhD. Those who hold BA/BS degrees in Psychology often end up working in sales. That person might be the one who sells you the car at the dealership.

The stock market is a wild beast.
Psychology helped me with sales. I never went to post secondary. Can’t stand school. Barely made it out alive although when I was failing math and they told me I’d have to repeat 12th grade if I didn’t improve I went on to have the highest marks in the class.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Hank Moody's Porsche is at the end of this.

Interesting pickup attempt. The more realistic scenario is him closing her in the aisle than having her wait for him outside the store.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Hank Moody's Porsche is at the end of this.

Interesting pickup attempt. The more realistic scenario is him closing her in the aisle than having her wait for him outside the store.
Yeah. I doubt that would happen even if she was high interest. It is even possible for women to approach a guy if they are high interest (I’ve had it happen many times) but ime if you don’t do anything with That and don’t steer things, the woman assumes no interest and retreats to protect her ego.

This is very similar to anime where the girl does all the work and falls for the guy despite him being a beta. Hank isn’t a beta perse but the writing is very similar. I.e. main relatable character is loved by the girls “just because”