Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Age Difference

Mrak

Reaction score
Hello Gentlemen,

A little background about myself and situation. I am 47, Great shape (10%BF) Recently broke up with LTR for 3 years (over a month ago she's a 10/10 26YO). Been trying to see what's going on out there and installed some dating apps and wow what a let down, women my age looks downright disgusting.

My question is will age be an issue for younger women of this generation? Is there any other places to you guys can recommend meeting younger women? with my ex I worked with her for 5 years and got to know her real well before we started dating. Ive been out of the game for a while after my divorce(was married for 15 years), but I don't have issues talking to girls.

Snag87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My recommendation is lying about your age, both online and in person. I'm 34 and currently seeing a 21 year old who believes I'm 28. Make an honest appraisal of how old you look an ajust accordingly.

To answer your question, age will definitely be an issue. Unsurprisingly, the higher your SMV the more forgiving women will be in regards to age gaps.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
How many women do you think lie on OLD about the age, especially over 35?

Snag87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How many women do you think lie on OLD about the age, especially over 35?
Very difficult to quantify. I'd say men are far more likely to lie. Women are more likely to be attracted to men in their age range, whereas men are always most attracted to ages 18-24.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Very difficult to quantify. I'd say men are far more likely to lie. Women are more likely to be attracted to men in their age range, whereas men are always most attracted to ages 18-24.
True. Usually their age or a few years old. However there are a number of cases where women, especially in their mid 30s will date someone way older if they have $$$. I see it IRL here in Floriduh but in famous people you see it a lot, but rarely the other way around.

Look at Alec Baldwin. He has a hot, younger wife, an yoga instructor who's 37 and he's 63.

Snag87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
True. Usually their age or a few years old. However there are a number of cases where women, especially in their mid 30s will date someone way older if they have $$$. I see it IRL here in Floriduh but in famous people you see it a lot, but rarely the other way around.

Look at Alec Baldwin. He has a hot, younger wife, an yoga instructor who's 37 and he's 63.
Well, of course. Hugh Hefner dated teenagers in his 70s. Mick Jagger, Dennis Quaid, etc. Once you reach a certain level of fame and wealth you can easily date 18-29 into old age.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Well, of course. Hugh Hefner dated teenagers in his 70s. Mick Jagger, Dennis Quaid, etc. Once you reach a certain level of fame and wealth you can easily date 18-29 into old age.
Yep. Yet no one sees anything wrong with it and thinks it's cute. But when it's like a 37 year old liking 21 year old girls people make pervy comments about said person and that he's narcissist etc.

But when did this all start? 80 years ago there was nothing wrong with liking women younger than you. Also, 16, 17 year olds were marrying guys older than them as well.

Snag87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep. Yet no one sees anything wrong with it and thinks it's cute. But when it's like a 37 year old liking 21 year old girls people make pervy comments about said person and that he's narcissist etc.

But when did this all start? 80 years ago there was nothing wrong with liking women younger than you. Also, 16, 17 year olds were marrying guys older than them as well.
Wealthy and especially famous men receive less flack than average Joe's. I personally don't care what some busybody says about my perfectly legal relationship. I've been called it all. I just keep on keepin' on ☺

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Wealthy and especially famous men receive less flack than average Joe's. I personally don't care what some busybody says about my perfectly legal relationship. I've been called it all. I just keep on keepin' on ☺
Johnny Depp was called a perv a few years ago on instagram for it and it was only mild flirting. I totally agree as well with you!

Guy69JackBlue

Banned
Reaction score

This has been going on since the beginning of time. And the guys aren't "betas." Quite the opposite.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello Gentlemen,

A little background about myself and situation. I am 47, Great shape (10%BF) Recently broke up with LTR for 3 years (over a month ago she's a 10/10 26YO). Been trying to see what's going on out there and installed some dating apps and wow what a let down, women my age looks downright disgusting.

My question is will age be an issue for younger women of this generation? Is there any other places to you guys can recommend meeting younger women? with my ex I worked with her for 5 years and got to know her real well before we started dating. Ive been out of the game for a while after my divorce(was married for 15 years), but I don't have issues talking to girls.
Congratulations on dating a 23-26 year old, 10/10 for the last 3 years! That would be impressive if you were 25-28 during that time, but you did it as a 44-47 year old guy.

I would look at what you did 3 years ago to land a 23 year old. That might be worth repeating.

You have 10% body fat. With that, you could focus on the gym for picking up women. I'd recommend doing it at fitness classes, where you don't have to worry about women wearing earbuds. 95% of women ages 20-35 wear earbuds at gyms now so long as the gym is moderately upscale. You could also buy a class package at a boutique studio or use ClassPass to meet women through fitness class efforts.

Outdoor walking and hiking paths could be an option too.

It is better if you can do in-person approaching compared to anything on the swipe apps. I'd say deleting the apps you've downloaded would be a productive step.

The typical 40-50 year old man doesn't have a social circle that puts him in contact with 18-29 year old women. However, do an honest evaluation of your social circle and see if it is feasible. Additionally, join some new groups related to your interests and make approaches there.

Some women won't want to go 15+ years older. That is an obstable but your fitness helps your cause. I am late 30s and I know 2 women within 2 years of age who have boyfriends/husbands who are 50+. The more of an age difference you want, the more exceptional that you have to be in some way. Also, that way is usually money. Even though I don't recommend using money as a game tactic, it can work. This is true of younger women. Money as a game tactic often fails because women make their own money now. If your salary or net worth is high enough and the women has limited earnings/net worth prospects, that can work to your advantage.

Guy69JackBlue

Banned
Reaction score
Hello Gentlemen,

She's a 10/10? I call BS. Show a picture without tons of makeup or filters.

characternote

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She's a 10/10? I call BS. Show a picture without tons of makeup or filters.
Honestly, not sure it would even matter.

If there's one thing I learnt in the 'post your 10' thread, it's that we really do all have different tastes!
So many people were posting girls who i'm not even sure i'd want to bang!! And they were their 10's!!
And i'm not judging these people, because it could also well be the case that the girls who I think are a '10' are also unbangable in their eyes!
It was quite surprising, tbh.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't about that. How come most men in their 20s struggle with women?

I think most women are naturally attracted to men 10 years older.

Snag87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't about that. How come most men in their 20s struggle with women?

I think most women are naturally attracted to men 10 years older.
Men of all ages struggle with women.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Men of all ages struggle with women.
In a way worse as you get older because more women are married. Going to college and 22 years old you're exposed to more single women versus when You're 40 and many are married.

KindredSpiritzz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
all i know is once you get past 50 in the dating market you're dumpster diving. 90% of them are fat, ugly or both and the 10% that do look decent have a list of guys a mile long hitting em up using pictures of themselves from 10 yrs ago before they balded and got fat. Reminds me of that Will Smith movie where he was the last human alive and spent his life avoiding the undead zombie things that only came out at night. It's scary out here.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
all i know is once you get past 50 in the dating market you're dumpster diving. 90% of them are fat, ugly or both and the 10% that do look decent have a list of guys a mile long hitting em up using pictures of themselves from 10 yrs ago before they balded and got fat. Reminds me of that Will Smith movie where he was the last human alive and spent his life avoiding the undead zombie things that only came out at night. It's scary out here.
Unless you live in my area. Median age in This region is around 55 years old. Literally more older singles than ones my age range.