Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How Would you Invest Lottery Winnings?

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
Let's say in a hypothetical scenario that you win over $20 million from the lottery. What investments would you make with that money?

Putting it into the bank would be stupid since at most you would get a 2% interest rate which means the value is below inflation.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't answer because I've never understood the lottery fascination. We'd all have better odds at having a happy and successful marriage and I wouldn't bet on either (you can't lose, if you don't play).

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
I can't answer because I've never understood the lottery fascination. We'd all have better odds at having a happy and successful marriage and I wouldn't bet on either (you can't lose, if you don't play).
Well i wanted to raise this question to see what investment ideas people have for large sums of money. It could be anything from an inheritance to a cash payout from a lawsuit or you could get really lucky like with the gamestop stocks.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's say in a hypothetical scenario that you win over $20 million from the lottery. What investments would you make with that money?

Putting it into the bank would be stupid since at most you would get a 2% interest rate which means the value is below inflation.
Either become financially educated before making any moves or hire someone who has a successful track as a financial advisor. Most likely, invest in the market, real estate, and start-ups.

Me, personally, as the vision of Modern Man Advice is children in Africa, South East Asia, and South America, I would some of that towards foundations, schools, infrastructure, and long-term education for self-sustainability. But that's just me.

Modern Man Advice

TheCharmingGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice car, pay mortgage, new phone and computer, put $500 thousand in savings, donate the rest to various charities.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I'd put half in BTC, ETH, SOL, LUNA, DOT, AVAX, ATOM and LINK

And the other half in ArbiSmart to earn 40-45% APR guaranteed from arbitrage trades

In bear markets I'd sell off the above and put it all into ArbiSmart

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 48 with no children. I wouldn't invest any of it except for in a property or two. Then I would
just spend the remainder of my life travelling and seeing the world or living in my large house
doing my own thing. I imagine there would be many cars and motorcycles. Any static assets like
properties would be sold upon my death and the proceeds split between my sisters two kids.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1) Take the CASH option rather than annual payments
2) pay off all debt including the Income tax penalty.
3) put in a 1 yr CD while I formulate an investment strategy and interview financial managers.

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
20% BTC
10% ETH
10% Other more speculative cryptos
5% Physical precious Metals
15% tech, healthcare, some index and other Stocks
25% Cash flowing Real Estate
10% Commodity producers/miners/farmland Reit
5% Lifestyle upgrade

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

The first thing I would do is get rid of my car, as one accident with an inner-city bus could wipe it all out, and simply use Uber/Lyft until the driverless car comes out. I would buy a nice home in the countryside, and get a grasscutter/landscaper to maintain it; if I ever wanted to do anything in the city, I would get a room at a nice hotel, although if I found myself doing such a lot, I'd get a small condo. I would also travel a lot, staying at good hotels/apartments for a month at a time, and might even consider flying business class on such trips; of course, I would spin LocationGame (which I do already on a shoestring budget, LOL), and would throw around more money, since even good women don't like to see a cheapskate. Aside from that, I don't think I would appreciably spend more money, although I would indulge a bit in hobbies, but nothing like getting a horse or personal aircraft. I'm not a fisherman, but if I were, I could see getting a nice rig for that (of course, one bad accident could drain that cash away too).

Even after paying taxes and this spending, there still would be a lot of cash left over, and I would mainly invest it in a good old-fashioned mutual fund or ETF that is firstly tax-efficient and also tied to an index - currently I'd be more inclined to go invest in the global market (especially Emerging Markets) rather than the overpriced USA market. If I found myself having free time, I might look into investing in stocks or even options - but would consider this to be like "going to the racetrack". I would also have all this money in a trust, so as to clearly delineate community & separate property should I get married; as for marriage itself, I would be open to the idea as the proper avenue to have children, but would be a bit wary if I weren't in the fathering mood.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How Would you Invest Lottery Winnings?
By not playing it and wasting money. Lottery is for losers.

The chance of winning in lottery and other games based on luck is less than you will get hit by a car when walking across the street. So it is a losers game.

But to answer your question if I would win then I would just invest the money right back in my business. Done deal.

Probability of Winning the Lottery
1635594196451.png

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

90% in crypto. Larger emergency fund. Exit the UK.

Penus

Reaction score
If you win the lottery, you don't need to become rich TWICE. Stay away from gambling (crypto) and even stocks. Look for the more conservative option you can find; Real Estate. Buy a bunch of apartments in a good populated city and rent them out. Even during a crash you'll have some income. It'll also protect you from inflation.