Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Good ol' Mystery Method

Chamber36

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Been watching some of Mystery's stuff recently, just to get back to the basics.

His systematic approach to pickup is designed to tick all the boxes, which although contrived, makes a lot of things clear.

Two things I have learned.
1. Keep your social circle strong.
It will allow you to invite a girl over for any kind of gathering to which she can bring her friends, you can prove how trustworthy your friends are and establish rapport and comfort. Let a girl know you are sociable. This is helpful for indirect game and allows you to stall making your intentions clear, keeping her guessing.
2. DHV.
You must convey that you are happy and satisfied with your position and your trajectory in life. Stay focused on your goals, because not only will you reap the rewards later. Your ambition itself will convey to a girl that you are a person worth hanging around.

It's a shame we have to offer value in this world, but that is the world we live in. We have to convey value in the form of friendship and perseverence towards our higher goals.

Just thought I would say this, because I had been getting lazy with my goals. It is however true. We have to stick to our goals and work hard at them.

Edit:

BONUS

3. Project enthusiasm.
If you are able to speak about anything with fascination and impart that fascination onto someone else, you will know that is one of the things that makes a person charismatic. Have a sense of wonder about the things in the world, and speak like you find things fascinating. This will make your personality addictive.

Last edited:

Chamber36

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"It's a privilege for a woman to be picked up by me." - Mystery
At the risk of appearing schizoid let me say that it does seem some of his sh8t is toxic and actually straight egomaniacal, especially the way everything is contrived. His frame is just so incredibly strong. He takes delusional self-confidence and fake it til you make it to another level. He does practice what he preaches though and leaves little room for doubt.

Just his energy of being a persona for the goal of smashing gash, I find a little hard to digest.

That video for example: unwatchable.

I cannot watch it. It's too contrived and too faux humble and too self-aggrandizing. One might call him a sociopath but I have not heard of any psychological victims.

Nevertheless, he broke the game down really well and you can learn a ton from it. He knew (knows) how to be a fascinating person and does it well.

Chamber36

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Back in college, I followed him heavily. In one of his videos, he's at a crowded club, and this HB8 walks up, holds her phone up and asks, "Will you take a picture of me and my friends?"

Mystery looked right at her and firmly said, "No."

HB8 says, "You're such an a$$hole."

Mystery finishes her with, "Maybe..... But I'm fun."

The whole time, he had this ****y funny 'fvck you' grin on his face. Then he just walked off.

The footage showed HB8 finding him a little later.
Yea, I hate to endorse a sociopath but I do.

It's like if you're sitting in a bar and there is a table of loud girls and you go "hey can you pipe it down a bit over there" (you have to be in a good mood for this not to backfire). It just has a certain coçkiness which women find intriguing. Not many men dare to impose themselves on random women like that.
Or if they spill a wine glass, at the end of the interaction to say "now don't spill your drinks anymore ok?".

There is something about a man having the last word which women find unbearable or fascinating, or both, depending on the type.

Chamber36

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sooner or later, all men in the world will understand and believe what we already know.

Women love a$$holes.

Poon King once said here, "It seems to me that most men would rather slit their wrists than be rude to a woman."

Truth bomb.
Because there are nut job women that go irate "YOU HAVE TO RESPECT ME BECAUSE I AM A WOMAN!!!", and then proceed to pick a fight with you, provoke you or stand in your way out in public waiting for some captain save-a-ho to get involved and fvck up your reputation.

The #1 reason not to get involved with the wrong woman.

Although a woman that would become irate lateron in a relationship is probably not the same that would be attracted to coçky-funny in the first place.

You get to filter out the women with fragile ego's that way. Though the ones that like it will be attracted to your male ego.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because there are nut job women that go irate "YOU HAVE TO RESPECT ME BECAUSE I AM A WOMAN!!!", and then proceed to pick a fight with you, provoke you or stand in your way out in public waiting for some captain save-a-ho to get involved and fvck up your reputation.

The #1 reason not to get involved with the wrong woman.

Although a woman that would become irate lateron in a relationship is probably not the same that would be attracted to coçky-funny in the first place.

You get to filter out the women with fragile ego's that way. Though the ones that like it will be attracted to your male ego.
Woman anger means nothing, it is a test, don't reward bad behavior but make sure to get your reward by handling it and letting all the woman around you see that you can handle it, she's really doing you a favor when she gets angry, just handle it.

The thing is, when confronted by woman anger, you can't de-escalate because it makes you look weak, also cant be aggressive, makes you look weak, but if you got jokes, this is the time to bring em out

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women like authentic men who put themselves first, then bring them along for the ride. Pretending to be something you are not is a turn off, and they can sniff this out pretty quick. If your natural demeaner is to behave like Mystery, you will do really well with women just looking for fun.

Another thing... it is better if a woman is mad at you than if she doesn't care. When I was in college, I don't do this anymore because it isn't who I am now in life... but back then I had an attitude that I will score or I will burn the fvcker down. I was an honest to God complete @sshole. I would meet a woman at a party, start to hit it off, and as soon as I got any resistance I would just say "You are boring", and just walk off. Many times this chick would circle around and confront me "Who the fvck do you think you are?!" I would just say with a big smile on my face, "Great... are you ready to have some fun now?" And if she kept on b1tching I would just say "You are not being fun, you have 2 minutes to prove you are fun." And if she kept on b1tching, I would walk off again.

The truth is this didn't really work well with that particular chick, but other girls at the party would see what is going on, and invariably one of the others... who really is looking for just a good time will approach you. But I might see this 'angry' chick on campus and I would say "Hey! It's you, the 'fun chick'!" Sometimes I could turn that around, usually if she had a bad attitude she would still be mad.... but who wants these women anyway.

I used to see dudes in college trying to impress some chick at a party, talking for hours... then nothing would happen, then they would see this chick on campus and try to start up a conversation, and the girl wouldn't have even remembered them. If she is mad at you, she isn't going to forget you... it is better to be remembered than forgotten.

Serenity

Reaction score
It's a shame we have to offer value in this world, but that is the world we live in.
It's besides the topic, but this stood out to me. Why is that a shame? Do you value people who offer nothing of value to you or anyone else and then wish others place value on you out of thin air?

About Mystery, he might have a few concepts correct by the book, but I don't think I could maintain my sanity if most dudes in this world turned into that abomination. He pulls it off to a certain extent sometimes, but other times it's just painful to watch. I think it's a bad idea to try to emulate him, might as well roll up in a fedora and open with m'lady.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Only read Strauss depiction of him and its not brilliant .....infact in the book it read to me like mystery spent most of the time moping and sulking because people wouldn't humour his nonsense

However I do think he was ahead of his time in the sense the late 90's early 00's "game" was still an unknown and was just largely basic confidence and value demonstrations mystery was inherently delusional, egotistical and alternative

Combine this with his interest in magic and natural peacocking when you put all the pieces together he arguably built the first proof of concept for "frame"

Mind you back then most guys were still using "can i buy you a drink" or " you are so pretty" material there was no moblie phones or social media to contend with so i can't imagine competition was exactly rife

the landscapes different now women are more switched on because of social media and want ACTUAL value ( money / status / power / fame) not just perceptive value ( magic tricks / peacocking / confidence tricks ) ..... could be wrong but I'm not convinced a 2021 mystery is going to have anywhere near as much success as a 2001 mystery

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hung out with him in Boston after he gave a lecture at MIT during the height of the game. He seemed like a decent guy. I identified more with Neil Strauss though who was more cerebral.

Honestly i still think the best guy at that time was David Deangelo. His mindset helped me the most. I combined a hybrid approach of David Deangelo when i opened and threw in some elements of Ross Jeffries and Mystery and Style (Neil strauss)

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want to truly get back to basics, I would recommend info by Doc Love or David Deangelo.

Yes, some of their info needs to be updated a bit as technology now plays a bigger role, but these guys are spot-on about what turns on and turns off women, which hasn't changed in 100,000 years or so as it's deeply wired in their DNA.

No amount of dating apps or social media will ever undo Mother Nature.

Serenity

Reaction score
I hung out with him in Boston after he gave a lecture at MIT during the height of the game. He seemed like a decent guy. I identified more with Neil Strauss though who was more cerebral.

Honestly i still think the best guy at that time was David Deangelo. His mindset helped me the most. I combined a hybrid approach of David Deangelo when i opened and threw in some elements of Ross Jeffries and Mystery and Style (Neil strauss)
I found Neil Strauss to be a bit too cerebral, but I guess that was tailored towards the analytical thinking guys he sold his product to. I never really looked into DeAngelo, but I've heard his name thrown around a lot, can't really pass any judgement on a guy I know next to nothing about. Ross Jeffries is cool, just his entire way of being is cool and he manages to explain the concepts in a very common sense way.

Interesting to hear that you forged your own way by picking the parts of several different role models, that's the same way I dealt with the whole PUA scene. I mainly followed RSD, probably because of the sheer amount of free content available at that time. Owen (Tyler) contributed a lot to changing the way I think and dragging me out of the hole that was my anxiety, Julien inspired a lot of my attitude. The only product I ever bought was a DVD collection from Neil Strauss, I didn't feel it, never saw all of it and regretted buying it. Ross Jeffries came on my radar later, but his perspectives and demeanor towards the subject was an inspiration.

Mystery on the other hand was everything I sought to distance myself from, being the class clown. As a kid I was the class clown, I was a bold little b!tch. In later years as I matured more I was embarrassed by my past attention and approval seeking behavior, sadly my boldness went away with it. I was convinced there was better ways of raising eyebrows, without everyone regarding me as a living joke. I regained my courage, but dropped the contrived persona of being an attention seeking clown. Mystery embraces being a clown, I can't say it's entirely ineffective, I personally know from my childhood that it works to some extent. Many of his concepts aren't wrong either, I can recognize that, but overall he's not suitable as a source of all things game related. Pick the parts that make sense (which overlaps with what other PUAs say anyways) and leave the clown persona.

I find it ridiculous that many have an all or nothing attitude towards PUA's, either they're gurus or they're scammers. There's something to be learned from all of them, but also much to be ignored in all of them. We don't have to make up our own way purely from scratch, picking out the best parts of all that we are exposed to is how we forge our own best path. PUA's are worth listening to, but only with a critical mind. None of them are our gods.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At the risk of appearing schizoid let me say that it does seem some of his sh8t is toxic and actually straight egomaniacal, especially the way everything is contrived.
Good, I love it, no more Mr Nice Guy.

characternote

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just found this really interesting PDF written some time back.
Mystery gets a mentioned a few times hence I'm posting it here, but I wanted to post it anyway as at times it's like reading my own words back at me!
This guy says so much of what I think
It's actually written in like 2010 or so I think. I haven't finished reading it yet

Hopefully it isn't too negative (it's a bit of a 'PUA is a scam' pdf but there's some really good points in it)

I don't consider myself a 'game denier' at all for what it's worth (if you have zero game and can't hold eye contact and can't escalate and fail every sh1t test etc, there's a good chance she'll just choose a different guy) but a lot of this guys issues with the whole thing are super close to my own

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mind you back then most guys were still using "can i buy you a drink" or " you are so pretty" material there was no moblie phones or social media to contend with so i can't imagine competition was exactly rife
Actually there where mobile phones back then, just not smart phones lol

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually there where mobile phones back then, just not smart phones lol
The combination of smartphones, apps, and social media has been brutal. Even though the 2003-2006 era was not a great time, it was still better than what happened after the iPhone was released in Summer 2007. Even after Summer 2007, I don't recall it getting bad until 2010. Around 2010 is when I remember a large percentage of people turning into smartphone obsessed people. The dating apps didn't get big until 2013-14. Tinder was released in 2012.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just found this really interesting PDF written some time back.
Mystery gets a mentioned a few times hence I'm posting it here, but I wanted to post it anyway as at times it's like reading my own words back at me!
This guy says so much of what I think
It's actually written in like 2010 or so I think. I haven't finished reading it yet

Hopefully it isn't too negative (it's a bit of a 'PUA is a scam' pdf but there's some really good points in it)

I don't consider myself a 'game denier' at all for what it's worth (if you have zero game and can't hold eye contact and can't escalate and fail every sh1t test etc, there's a good chance she'll just choose a different guy) but a lot of this guys issues with the whole thing are super close to my own

I read this pdf and was so hooked i then went and read his blogs. In general this guy makes excellent points and observations, and this forum could use a lot of it - not for immediate "pvssy results", but for enlightenment. He validates my thoughts about the different behavior standards and "advice" for men and women in dating, but have never expressed so elaborately as he does.

Fantastic link man.

Last edited:

characternote

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I read this pdf and was so hooked i then went and read his blogs. In general this guy makes excellent points and observations, and this forum could use a lot of it - not for immediate "pvssy results", but for enlightenment. He validates my thoughts about the different behavior standards and "advice" for men and women in dating, but have never expressed so elaborately as he does.

Fantastic link man.
yeah, I checked out his blog briefly too. Might have to look at it some more. I only read one article which was OK which was about how 'game' simply hasn't been able to solve the 'attraction' part of the equation.

Glad you liked the PDF. As I say, it did feel like I was reading my own thoughts for large parts (although I did drift off at times near the beginning when he went a bit 'manosphere' on me, talking about putting women on a pedestal and how it's being a 'woman pleaser' and the contradictions regarding it etc. None of that stuff has ever interested me. I don't care about any 'battle of the sexes'. I don't feel like i'm in one!!). And to me, it's just about getting laid. None of this 'be on your purpose' stuff or that you must never comprimise your masucline beliefs etc. But his thoughts about game and PUA and his experiences (sounds like he's gamed a fair bit like me) were very much in line with my own

I also blasted through the PDF in no time at all lol

Last edited:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That video for example: unwatchable.

I cannot watch it. It's too contrived and too faux humble and too self-aggrandizing.
I couldn't watch it either, because I just can't right now. I watched the beginning though, and he starts out with a DHV story, which was a big think that he talked about. He tells a story about how he punched out another kid when he was little because he was bothering his sister. It sounds harmless but he's telling it to set himself up as a Protector, to tell women he is valuable in the Protector role. Is the story true? I wouldn't trust him.

Chamber36

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I couldn't watch it either, because I just can't right now. I watched the beginning though, and he starts out with a DHV story, which was a big think that he talked about. He tells a story about how he punched out another kid when he was little because he was bothering his sister. It sounds harmless but he's telling it to set himself up as a Protector, to tell women he is valuable in the Protector role. Is the story true? I wouldn't trust him.
Exactly. You know what I mean too. It's just cringey to look at for me nowadays.

Sickening.