Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

At what age did you really start feeling like your body is aching and feeling old?

Reaction score
I hear alot of guys say they started to notice it in there early 40s or at age 50. When did you notice it?

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Body started taking a hit around 34. I'm still good to go though. Just have to try and stay in tip top shape.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I notice it at 33 but if I’m eating good and working out it’s less so.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Same for me. This year I started to notice that I am stiff getting out of bed. I started taking joint support supplements and noticed a decrease in stiffness.

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am 40... I have been working out since I was 15... I am stronger and in the best shape of my entire life... what I have started noticing is I need more sleep. At 22 I could workout, run 10 miles, play a baseball game.. drink until 3 and get up at 5 for work.

Smartone84

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
early to mid 30's. I feel like the gym is basically a necessity for me now.

9-3enthusiast

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Late 30s I started slowing down... feeling aches easier... joints getting creaky from time to time.
It worsened as I went through my 40s, and by 50 I generally felt old and decrepit.
All this time though, I was in a dead marriage - had a terrible diet (VERY sugar-rich), wasn't exercising. I'd piled on a load of weight and had generally given up.

Then a health scare made me rethink life in general. I went on a diet - kicked refined sugars completely - lost the excess weight, and generally felt like I was regenerating. Now at 57 I feel as healthy as I was in my early 30s.

Seems to me that processed/refined sugars were having a MASSIVE lag-effect - and now that I avoid all sugars apart from what occurs naturally in fruit/veg... I've had a whole new lease of life.

6 years ago (at a weight of 275 pounds) walking up a flight of stairs had me out of breath with aching knees.
Now at around 185 pounds - I can run up and barely feel that I've done it.

**edited to add:
For guys in their 50s I'd also highly recommend...
Vit D - Omega 3 - Ginkgo Biloba - and drink plenty of fruit juice.
I like to juice my own watermelons - It's a little bland on it's own so I add some citrus to zing the taste a bit (usually lime, but orange or lemon will do at a push)

Last edited:

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Same for me. This year I started to notice that I am stiff getting out of bed. I started taking joint support supplements and noticed a decrease in stiffness.
I take nightly fish oil capsules. Omega 3 helps fight inflation

Edit: Also, +1 to what @9-3enthusiast said. I added chocolate milk to my diet recently and have bad aches today. Definitely because of the sugar. Cutting it again.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been lucky and have been ok until age 45. That's when I started feeling stiff joints. At age 47, I blew both knees out trying to do sprints with my one son. it took me 2 months to recover back to normal. At age 49, I'm in better shape looks wise than when I was in my 30's. However the look is deceiving as I'm more fragile now to injuries than before.

Being on intermittent fasting again in the last couple months helped flatten my tummy again.

I've been managing looking like I'm in my 30's so far despite my testosterone level deficits. Taken two testosterone tests. 3 months and 2 years ago. Both on the lower end of the spectrum. I'm still managing to keep in shape regardless, but it hasn't been easy.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I take 8, 320mg fish oil capsules daily. The only sugar I add is 1 tbsp of sugar in my oatmeal.
8? How has that been? I’ve found if I have too much omega 3 compared to omega 6 my skin breaks out

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been doing it for a couple months now, and haven't noticed any difference.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I notice it at 33 but if I’m eating good and working out it’s less so.
This. And all throughout wonderful 2020 at the age of 32 a bit. But I've always been a heavier individual with a lot more mass and joint issues than my peers had in service and out.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This. And all throughout wonderful 2020 at the age of 32 a bit. But I've always been a heavier individual with a lot more mass and joint issues than my peers had in service and out.
That’s fair. On the other side I’m super skinny and if I don’t eat enough, I can almost feel my body eating itself or “atrophy”. It’s not good. It’s like every day we have to fight the decay in some form or another. Is what it is tho.

Reactions: BMX

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That’s fair. On the other side I’m super skinny and if I don’t eat enough, I can almost feel my body eating itself or “atrophy”. It’s not good. It’s like every day we have to fight the decay in some form or another. Is what it is tho.
Yep..it's almost that time to switch weightlifting to more longevity-focused as opposed to putting all the weight on a bar and crazy cardio to stay in tape standards like it's been for years (with and sometimes without clean dieting). I'd rather be a lot lighter like yesteryear. Those jokes they make about us popping Motrin, having bad joints and crippling depression in return for serving our country are sadly, real. Now ibuprofen hardly helps, in fact, the VA told my bud from basic training not to take it anymore. LMAO. Eh, it was fun while it lasted. Right now I'm dealing with having to have my molar removed after complications from the last operation on it (all stemming from a boxing incident NOV 2019). YAY!

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep..it's almost that time to switch weightlifting to more longevity-focused as opposed to putting all the weight on a bar and crazy cardio to stay in tape standards like it's been for years (with and sometimes without clean dieting). I'd rather be a lot lighter like yesteryear. Those jokes they make about us popping Motrin, having bad joints and crippling depression in return for serving our country are sadly, real. Now ibuprofen hardly helps, in fact, the VA told my bud from basic training not to take it anymore. LMAO. Eh, it was fun while it lasted. Right now I'm dealing with having to have my molar removed after complications from the last operation on it (all stemming from a boxing incident NOV 2019). YAY!
Yikes. Maybe try eating some anti-inflammatory foods. Blueberries, omega 3(fish), pomegranate, matcha tea.

I still want to put on weight myself. The best defense against atrophy is anabolic imo

SirBigBell

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I turn 40 next month and 2 days ago i noticed the very first lone white pube as I dried myself after showering. That poignant discovery made me realise my youth is well and truly gone. Welcome to midlife

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
middle thirty, until middle fifty when decided to do better. for now, I feel better or as good as twenty-five and can outrun most twenty-five if they are not also working at it. When getting injured however the healing still takes longer.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
middle thirty, until middle fifty when decided to do better. for now, I feel better or as good as twenty-five and can outrun most twenty-five if they are not also working at it. When getting injured however the healing still takes longer.
What do you do to be in such good shape?