Josh Davidson
Senior Don Juan
- Joined
- Mar 21, 2021
- Messages
- 351
- Reaction score
- 140
If so, how much was it?
Which one did you do?
What did it cover?
Which one did you do?
What did it cover?
Attraction runs on a clock.
She flirted for weeks. Touched your arm. Found reasons to be alone with you. And you were careful. Respectful. Waiting for the right moment.
The moment had a shelf life. It expired around month two, and by the time you asked her out, she'd quietly filed you under "little brother."
One of the hardest lessons inside the 22 Rules: women rarely wait. Interest either grows or it decays, and nothing decays it faster than a man who never moves.
Make the move while she's still inventing reasons to be near you.
That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?
She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."
She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.
I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.
Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.
I sort of did. I paid 500$ for a one week course in Romania, but it also included accomodation (a room in a luxury apartment).If so, how much was it?
Which one did you do?
What did it cover?
Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.
You've been "getting ready" for two years.
She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.
Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.
Ok. I'll try consulting. I don't have any friends who are good with women.I sort of did. I paid 500$ for a one week course in Romania, but it also included accomodation (a room in a luxury apartment).
There wasn't really any real structure to it. The guys just went out every night to various different clubs. Generally I thought they were lazy and didn't make much effort to teach me anything. It was more like "watch me, I'm so cool, look how the girls love me".
Because I didn't pay much, I didn't have high expectations. However, I did learn one useful thing just from talking to one of the guys one night: escalation. After I started doing this in the weeks after, I started getting much better results. So for that one piece of advice I think it was worth it.
But then, rather than doing a bootcamp I think I'd recommend consulting or maybe just asking a friend for advice. If you're not getting the results you want, you need to figure out what you're doing wrong.
For each person what's holding them back is different. Some guys just don't meet any women. Some dress badly or are in bad shape. Some have weird behavior, psychological problems or are unable to hold a conversation with anyone.Ok. I'll try consulting. I don't have any friends who are good with women.
All 3 are big problems. If you moved to a bigger city but couldn't escalate or hold a conversation, the bigger city wouldn't matter.I think my problems are: I live in a small town, I can't hold a conversation, and I don't know how to escalate.
You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.
Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.
Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.
Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.
-Wages are also higher in big cities. I've known bartenders that make over $100k/year.Big cities are too expensive to live in, think hard about the pros and cons before you move to one. Depending on the city you might shoot yourself in the foot if it's a liberal city full of blue pilled male feminists and pink haired land whales (seattle, portland, SF, etc). Most big cities are starting to go down the toilet
Holding a conversation is simple. Ask questions and get her to talk about herself, while you smile at her. Pay attention to what she says and keep it running, if she likes you she'll continue to talk. But you'll be communicating your attraction the whole time non-verbally (assuming she's attractive to you). Escalation should come naturally if she's comfortable with you and is smiling back.
I might try what you did: proposing to a woman I just met to gain an IDGAF mindset.I did a London bootcamp in February 2009, on Valentine's night. I paid around £50 I think. I had a lot of blown approaches including one dismal crash & burn, then we all hit up Tiger Tiger (which had very nearly been Islamically car bombed the year before) and Leicester Square (known as Pester Square for all the PUAs there). Valkyrie was playing that night.
I eventually managed to rope a couple of roving girls by bullshîtting them about looking for a club I made up. We hung out for an hour but I didn't escalate much, no close. Didn't actually go into any venues.
I still remember this very classy looking, short haired French brunette who looked at me with suspicion. She was just passing through with her luggage and must have thought I wanted to rob her, lmao. I got the impression she coulda been game otherwise. She had a feminine vulnerability to her, very attractive.
Above all, after the bootcamp I went crazy, approaching left, right & centre, even though the gurus were no longer around to egg me on (one of the gurus, a Londoner Jamaican, actually told me to approach a random ugly girl and go down on one knee and propose to her, which I did, very amusingly. It really helped give me an IDGAF mindset). I approached multiple girls whilst traveling back home from London, and again I didn't close but it was fun interacting so easily with so many of them.
So bootcamps had their use back in the day. Just don't overpay.