Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I am extremely book smart, how can I...

Josh Davidson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"Keep approaching - build confidence - and use your wit when you get a 'bite'" (9-3enthusiast)

I will do this! Thank you!

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do yourself a favour and get a good textbook on alien psychology. I suggest the eBook practical female psychology for the practical man well worth the 10 bucks. Join up online dating and use it to practice your improv. don't think you're going to get lots of hot girls there because it your stage of development that ain't gonna happen however it will expose you to lots of little games they play and sharpen your message game.

And join a mixed sports team or find some meetups that have a fair few females.

Really your issue is developing your social skills once you do that to an average level you don't have to be a social genius just interact with girls and their randomness will provide a certain amount of *****. Realise u need this for the rest of your life so the fact that this might take one or two years don't let that put you off and your young the perfect time to start

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am extremely book smart, how can I...
Books ain't worth sh'it If you only can memorize them and then spit out again on a paper, (like you learn in school) - and in reality cannot utilize, really understand and apply the knowledge in the real world to create tangible results.

Josh Davidson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Do yourself a favour and get a good textbook on alien psychology. I suggest the eBook practical female psychology for the practical man well worth the 10 bucks. Join up online dating and use it to practice your improv. don't think you're going to get lots of hot girls there because it your stage of development that ain't gonna happen however it will expose you to lots of little games they play and sharpen your message game.

And join a mixed sports team or find some meetups that have a fair few females.

Really your issue is developing your social skills once you do that to an average level you don't have to be a social genius just interact with girls and their randomness will provide a certain amount of *****. Realise u need this for the rest of your life so the fact that this might take one or two years don't let that put you off and your young the perfect time to start
Ok. I'll take your advice and spend a year or two improving my social skills, I will read: practical female psychology for the practical man, and will practice socializing with women on OLD. Thank you!

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Books ain't worth sh'it If you only can memorize them and then spit out again on a paper, (like you learn in school) - and in reality cannot utilize, really understand and apply the knowledge in the real world to create tangible results.
Knowledge and mindsets are in books.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Knowledge and mindsets are in books.
True, indeed.
But knowledge isn't power.

True power is only elevated through the knowledge of how to truly utilize its potential power by understanding it and then apply it to the real world.

In this case in regards to above:
Just because you can read and memorize the books doesn't equal to you can actually apply the knowledge and mindsets are in books.

Book smart; maybe yes (?), but dumb as a brick in the real world. ;):eek:

There is too many people that try to appear intellectual and make an appearance of being really smart/intelligent because they have read some books and can spit out the words in a few seconds. But if you ask them deep probing questions about their so called "knowledge" then the facade quickly crumbles like the glass in a mirror when it shatters on the floor.

In regards to this forum and women/game it quickly shows too because the knowledge of the game isn't that complicated (well not easy either), but "lesser people" that some people would classify as "dumb" is the ones that got real game - even "natural gamers" if you would, because they do understand how to apply the knowledge and read the social code in the real world.

Yes correct; being really highly intelligent can be a road killer too, because they tend to over-analyze and over think it. But on the same time how smart are if you cannot apply simple knowledge of human psychology and use the social code to your advantage, (which the game to high degree is about I would argue)?

Serenity

Reaction score
When you do more approaches try to do something a bit differently every time. The volume of approaches doesn't matter if you do the same thing that doesn't work every time.

Your book smarts won't do much for you regarding women. Attraction is a lot more emotional than intellectual. You have previously said you have asperger's right? It will probably be a bit more challenging for you to get good at feelings, but as far as I know it is possible. If you like reading you could look into psychology and study how social behaviors work, BUT you should also make an effort to recognize the theory you learn by observing real world examples around you in your daily life. Helps bring the concepts down to earth so to speak.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
True, indeed.
But knowledge isn't power.

True power is only elevated through the knowledge of how to truly utilize its potential power by understanding it and then apply it to the real world.

In this case in regards to above:
Just because you can read and memorize the books doesn't equal to you can actually apply the knowledge and mindsets are in books.

Book smart; maybe yes (?), but dumb as a brick in the real world. ;):eek:

There is too many people that try to appear intellectual and make an appearance of being really smart/intelligent because they have read some books and can spit out the words in a few seconds. But if you ask them deep probing questions about their so called "knowledge" then the facade quickly crumbles like the glass in a mirror when it shatters on the floor.

In regards to this forum and women/game it quickly shows too because the knowledge of the game isn't that complicated (well not easy either), but "lesser people" that some people would classify as "dumb" is the ones that got real game - even "natural gamers" if you would, because they do understand how to apply the knowledge and read the social code in the real world.

Yes correct; being really highly intelligent can be a road killer too, because they tend to over-analyze and over think it. But on the same time how smart are if you cannot apply simple knowledge of human psychology and use the social code to your advantage, (which the game to high degree is about I would argue)?
I was saying being book smart is not mutually exclusive with being socially intelligent. You can have both.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When you say "book smart", there seems to be some implication that the person lacks some common sense. Otherwise, you'd just say "smart". Anyway, there's some intelligence there, which is supposed to be an attraction killer there with women. But it doesn't have to be a bad thing. Use the book smarts to master some skills and become "alpha" in those areas, which can give you some status, at least in certain circles. And try not to act weird.

Josh Davidson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When you say "book smart", there seems to be some implication that the person lacks some common sense. Otherwise, you'd just say "smart". Anyway, there's some intelligence there, which is supposed to be an attraction killer there with women. But it doesn't have to be a bad thing. Use the book smarts to master some skills and become "alpha" in those areas, which can give you some status, at least in certain circles. And try not to act weird.
Ok. I'm using my academic skills (ability to learn) to learn the guitar.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Learning to play an instrument well is one of the best investments of time I've ever made. And not because it's a means to get chicks, but because it teaches you that life is easier when you stop trying to control it.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All good suggestions above and in addition, I'd see if there is a Toastmaster's in your area which will help you publically speak. Joining comedy improv classes will do wonders too helping you relax around others. Also joining voluntary groups will both help you meet people and interact with them. For example, cleaning up neighborhoods, freshening up schools, etc.

Edit: Also I'm not sure how fresh out of college you are but you can also use your booksmarts to offer tutoring sessions. This way you get paid and get to meet/interact with new people that you're interested in.

Last edited:

9-3enthusiast

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok. I'm using my academic skills (ability to learn) to learn the guitar.
Pro tip:
When you get proficient - learn to play several songs with girl's names in the title.
Not necessarily the whole song... just the main hook, or enough to be recognisable.

It's got me laid a few times - most recently a couple of yrs back - the girl was called 'Jane'.
Played the intro, then main riff to Jefferson Starship's 'Jane' - kinda half croaked/half hummed a coupla lines (I can't sing LOL)
All I got out was... "Jane, you're playin' a game - you never can win girl....", then she came over, slapped the lips on me, and we were upstairs within 15 mins. :up:

Last edited: