Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Fall of the Western Empire

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exactly, men used to get good jobs and work their way up to get a good woman to marry and have kids with.

Take that away and what incentives Do men even have anymore?
I still remember that post when you said men have lowered their own value so much that women dont care anymore... lol

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Basically that's the reason why loyalties become more personal; just like I mentioned before. Everybody used to revere the Constitution of the United States, but more and more people don't care about those principles and want their political leader to be a dictator. This is what happened when the Roman Republic became the Roman Empire.
Correct, except that the states unlike rome wont be overrun from outsiders but from a civil war.

It seems to me both sides are getting more and more radical while those in the middle will be forced to take side wheter they like it or not.

You have the big cities run from wokes and the country side made of either conservatives or libertarians and this is not a "political" problem its a 360 degree life style.

When there is fraction, division and uncertainity people dont usually plan the future but focus on the present...all of this without considering how messed up men-women relationships are even before a shy attempt to make a couple.

The western world is a gigantic rat-utopia experiment, google if if you're not familiar with that and you will find the same events.

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Correct, except that the states unlike rome wont be overrun from outsiders but from a civil war.

It seems to me both sides are getting more and more radical while those in the middle will be forced to take side wheter they like it or not.

You have the big cities run from wokes and the country side made of either conservatives or libertarians and this is not a "political" problem its a 360 degree life style.

When there is fraction, division and uncertainity people dont usually plan the future but focus on the present...all of this without considering how messed up men-women relationships are even before a shy attempt to make a couple.

The western world is a gigantic rat-utopia experiment, google if if you're not familiar with that and you will find the same events.

I've read Penman's theories and I'd tweak them a little bit, but for the most part I believe he is correct based on my understanding of history and sociology.

I also want to say that I don't intend on promoting religion by posting this video.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
True indeed.

Turn off the pc and smartphone and read more books.
I mean real books that you learn from and not the bs fiction crap.

The internet (including the devices) does make you dumber if you are not prepared for it and know how to use is a tool.

Turn off auto correct and use your own head. Using autocorrect etc makes you dumber as it will question your own knowledge about grammar and spelling it = makes you bad at wiring and spelling long term...

Remember and memorize the numbers that matters (trains your brain too), so you can use them even if you do not have your cell phone at hand etc.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If people would stop fukking..there'd be no more humans.

Problem solved. :)

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is are a reason why Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg, Jack Dorsey and many other tech moguls forbid their kids any devices or access to the internet until they are 18 years old.

They even send them to schools that do not use computers, internet and smartphones, iPad etc., but are purely analogue schools that doesn't expose their kids to the internet.

Now think about that...
If they are doing this then they clearly know something and you should do the same with your kids.
Bunch of hypocrites. Zuckerberg launched the first facebook in college, which means he obviously had been exposed to the internet at a very young age. They are trying to cut the very thing that built them. Smart people can still be idiots.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bunch of hypocrites. Zuckerberg launched the first Facebook in college, which means he obviously had been exposed to the internet at a very young age. They are trying to cut the very thing that built them. Smart people can still be idiots.
Or they know how damaging is for people, especially children by using their products (Smart phones, computers, iPads, various apps, social aps/networks etc.) is and how addictive they are too because they build them intentionally to be as addictive as crack or speed to the human brain... (?)

Using auto correct, not remembering your vital phone numbers in your brains memory etc. makes you dumber because you are no longer using your brain to know how to spell or knowing the correct grammar but rely on MS word for example, (Which often is by the way incorrect in it's suggestions and correction in relation to grammar...).

Using social networks, smart phones is destroying the very social fabric in many ways and kids have less social IQ which is something Mark Zuckerberg and CO know all about and doesn't want to expose their children to.

On top of that is the internet which is not safe place itself which all the crap it represents of various forms of predators and other crazy people. Not to mention the dark web which can be a very dangerous place to venture into. Not things that should have the possible access too...

Last edited:

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can tell for sure that my ability to focus is strongly disturbed from tech.

Anytime there's a blackout or I'm somewhere with no internet, I find myself much more calm and able to focus on tasks.
You're not the only one for sure.
Personally; I tend to attempt disable all help functions of all kinds to force myself to use my own brain capacity and disable all notification on phones etc. But it is not easy because they do everything to make it complicated to kill all these functions.

On top of that "multi-tasking" is really a brain fuc'kup and steal our focus and attention too.
To put it another way:

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It also kills your attention span. Things like texting, short YT videos, etc. train your brain to operate on very short attention spans and to keep changing topics rapidly.
Yep, I agree and it is very true I'd think.

Look for example on how it has changed peoples time perception too in terms of impatience. The instant gratification need of "NOW" and instantly excepting that someone answers back within a few minutes. in the past one or two days could be a fast response lmfao.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can tell for sure that my ability to focus is strongly disturbed from tech.

Anytime there's a blackout or I'm somewhere with no internet, I find myself much more calm and able to focus on tasks.
Just remove that chit for a week or two and do the things you are important to you, so you can determine how much a cost the distractions make. Means you stay off internet, stay off the texting, stay off the TV, let your calls go to voicemail, any addictive or "triggered" things you do, remove them. Focus on the few things you were meaning to focus on that week. That way you can determine the cost in allowing yourself to be distracted like that. There's a cost to everything. You might find by removing all of that, that you a huge amount of focus and even self confidence that was being bled out of you all the while....

Last edited:

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Or they know how damaging is for people, especially children by using their products (Smart phones, computers, iPads, various apps, social aps/networks etc.) is and how addictive they are too because they build them intentionally to be as addictive as crack or speed to the human brain... (?)

Using auto correct, not remembering your vital phone numbers in your brains memory etc. makes you dumber because you are no longer using your brain to know how to spell or knowing the correct grammar but rely on MS word for example, (Which often is by the way incorrect in it's suggestions and correction in relation to grammar...).

Using social networks, smart phones is destroying the very social fabric in many ways and kids have less social IQ which is something Mark Zuckerberg and CO know all about and doesn't want to expose their children to.

On top of that is the internet which is not safe place itself which all the crap it represents of various forms of predators and other crazy people. Not to mention the dark web which can be a very dangerous place to venture into. Not things that should have the possible access too...
They are tools used to accomplish things. You have to be disciplined enough to draw the line, but denying knowledge of anything is not the smart play. I whole-heartedly agree with limiting things, and not allowing things until certain ages. I thought everyone knew this? Of course they do, they just don't EXECUTE that plan. But again, Zuckerburg is also decreasing his kids' chances of doing big things like he did. That's fine for him I guess, he's already rich and they will be as well.

I'll give you an example of denying knowledge. I am a Christian. I make my kids read the Koran, along with the Bible. We also study Buddhism and Hinduism, and of course I talk to them about evolution (the absence of any god/creator). I want them to know exactly what all these religions believe and why Christianity is the correct one.

Outright denial of anything is restriction and basically furthering your own propaganda. Tech is simply something you have to learn to deal with.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi De Brito,
Interesting post.....The future is speculative,the past more reliable....The Western Roman Empires demise is rooted in the rise of the Mongol Hordes,they had developed the first Blitzkrieg tactics using fast cavalry columns utilizing the recurve bow they pushed all before them until the first fleeing Goths met resistance from the Romans....It was Emperor Valens who in 376AD allowed the Southern Goths with their weapons to cross the Danube and settle in Thrace,in only a few years they had killed him and conquered his legions at Adrianople...By 410 AD they had moved north and joined with the Northern Goths in conquering Rome itself,finishing the job by ransacking Rome in 476 AD..What is interesting about the demise of our own "Empire"is the white anting of our society from within...No it is not mobile phones but pathological altruism that is destroying our Societies.

Last edited:

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If people would stop fukking..there'd be no more humans.

Problem solved. :)
I'm 2 years fvck free in about 7 more weeks time.
Longest I've gone without in adult life is 7 years (21-28 years old) so
two doesn't feel that long tbh. I have no works in progress partner wise
so see no reason at all why the next 7 weeks wont be like the last 97.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rome wasn't really overrun by outsiders. It went through two centuries of stagnation and decline while the empire slowly disintegrated. The last emperor, deposed in 476, was an emperor in name only (kind of like the Queen of England today).

The causes of Rome's decline are not that different from the issues that that our own society is dealing with today. Small businesses (family-run farms) were largely wiped out and replaced by big business (mega-plantations that used slave labor). This resulted in the destruction of the middle class and created a society where the vast majority of the population was poor and owned little to no property. Those impoverished Roman citizens had no meaningful way of supporting themselves, so the government started handing out free bread (the Roman equivalent of food stamps). To keep the masses occupied and prevent rebellion, the government also started to provide entertainment, mostly in the form of professional sports and gladiator fights (the Roman equivalent of UFC).

Unlike the old middle class, which paid taxes and served as the backbone of the Roman legions, the newly impoverished masses paid no taxes and weren't too keen on military service. The Roman government tried to solve this problem by allowing large numbers of barbarians to immigrate and settle within the imperial borders. And while some of these barbarians did fight in the Roman military, they had little loyalty to Rome and were not reliable soldiers. The barbarians that settled within the empire eventually created their own kingdoms that replaced centralized Roman authority.

Last edited:

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rome wasn't really overrun by outsiders. It went through two centuries of stagnation and decline while the empire slowly disintegrated. The last emperor, deposed in 476, was an emperor in name only (king of like the Queen of England today).

The causes of Rome's decline are not that different from the issues that that our own society is dealing with today. Small businesses (family-run farms) were largely wiped out and replaced by big business (mega-plantations that used slave labor). This resulted in the destruction of the middle class and created a society where the vast majority of the population was poor and owned little to no property.
These impoverished Roman citizens had no meaningful way of supporting themselves, so the government started handing out free bread (the Roman equivalent of food stamps). To keep the masses occupied and prevent rebellion, the government also started to provide entertainment, mostly in the form of professional sports and gladiator fights (the Roman equivalent of UFC).

Unlike the old middle class, which paid taxes and served as the backbone of the Roman legions, the newly impoverished masses paid no taxes and weren't too keen on military service. The Roman government tried to solve this problem by allowing large numbers of barbarians to immigrate and settle within the imperial borders. And while some of these barbarians did fight in the Roman military, they had little loyalty to Rome and were not reliable soldiers. The barbarians that settled within the empire eventually created their own kingdoms that replaced centralized Roman authority.
What you say its correct but you forget about the vandals capturing the whole western north africa and cutting food supplies and while majoran was planning a take back operation he was betrayed from his fellow romans cause they knew that if he got his sh1t back, they wouldnt be no longer able to keep their "system" of corruption.

Same thing with the goths that run amok within the empire, same thing with the visigoth later in spain...

The roman empire immune system was messed up but it needed a flu to lead to capitulation...right now our immune system is getting weaker by the day but no diseases in the modern world, only autoimmune ones.